Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN '19 Employee Preview

General consensus seems to be not nearly as bad as recent years.

Aaron said that it has more black walls than 2016, but less black walls then last year. Honestly I think the reviews just says black walls once and the whole fan base flips out. If it has less black hallways than last year then I’m fine, I barely noticed the black walls last year.

I think I would be okay with this. Last year's black walls weren't that bad. The only reason they really stood out was because every maze ended with a series of black walls. If you removed those sections from all the 2018 mazes, then the only maze that I recall having a major black wall problem was Trick r' Treat during the transitions.

Murdy straight up said barely anything from S3 would be in there, wow smh
But as much as I don't care for Stranger Things being at the event, it clearly brings in a lot of business and their mazes get a huge budget, so I'm all for a round three.

Murdy straight up said barely anything from S3 would be in there, wow smh
But as much as I don't care for Stranger Things being at the event, it clearly brings in a lot of business and their mazes get a huge budget, so I'm all for a round three.
I think the main disappointment people have is due to a media outlet incorrectly stating that both coasts would have a Battle of Starcourt scene, and instead of that we just got the cabin scene

I get marketing material and all, but for a maze mainly based on season 2 yet only features one scene from season 3, why even have the scoops ahoy and starcourt mall food locations open to begin with?

I get marketing material and all, but for a maze mainly based on season 2 yet only features one scene from season 3, why even have the scoops ahoy and starcourt mall food locations open to begin with?
I mean it would be a pretty big missed marketing opportunity if they hadn't, I guarantee a lot more people are gonna get ice cream at scoops ahoy that wouldn't have even considered it if they hadn't added the theming. Plus its fairly evident at this point that the season 3 content is just meant to be a tease for next year, so assuming both parties are happy with this maze, we'll get our Season 3 content eventually, wouldn't be surprised if they reuse the starcourt and scoops ahoy stuff next year if thats the case.

I’m guessing I’m the only one that really enjoyed the second half of the Stranger Things maze? I think Murdy means they might be saving it for next year? The facade only mentioned Season 2.

US and Creepshow were definitely the stand out mazes for me this year. Although I still have yet to go through GB and Holidayz in Hell

Last edited:
I honestly feel Hollywood is neck and neck with Orlando this year, I went to Orlando’s and felt a lot of stuff Hollywood did turned out better then Orlando’s and vice versa. both have great stuff and both have bad stuff, I feel overall both coasts (especially Hollywood) came for it this year and succeeded for the most part

It's weird, considering Ghostbusters. I think we can all agree that Orlando did a better job filling the maze up with actual theming, but I just straight up prefer the way Hollywood did pretty much all of their scenes (except maybe the Gozer temple, which Hollywood didn't have). Terror Dogs were bigger, actual change for the Librarian ghost, practical slimer, disappearing walls in the containment chamber, cute little bit with the poker players in the containment chamber itself, massive Stay Puft. I think, honestly, if they just add some blacklight art to the halls (not even much, just some pink goo or ectoplasm) it'll be the better of the two.

Last edited:
so far, I perfer our versions of every maze we share besides us. Jordan peele actually was involved in hiring the actors for that maze and yet most actors are wearing masks even though they were picked due to them having a similar likeness too the actors .-. I also wish We had the sculpting scene in HOTC. overall though Anyone who is wondering about the mazes the only one I can say I went out thinking it was a waste of time was stranger things.