Dark Arts at Hogwarts Castle (IOA) | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Dark Arts at Hogwarts Castle (IOA)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
And after Hollywood had to cancel their Deatheaters.
tenor.gif

And after Hollywood had to cancel their Deatheaters.

Can we now stop saying Universal can’t use Harry Potter during HHN?

Orlando gets the Death Eaters, HW cancels theirs. Orlando gets Go Go dancers, HW fans still laments they're no longer there.

Either way, this is great news for IoA!
It's a sweet counter/additional entertainment to HHN.

Reactions: Andysol
So just a bit confused. I'm seeing the screencap shared, but the actual blog post makes no mention of live Death Eaters/fog/etc... did someone slip?

I'll be watching to see how good this turns out with the Hogsmeade fog effects and deatheaters roaming, in addition to the projections. I'll be at WDW during the last two days of the show, so if it looks really great, I might drive down to Universal to catch it on the 15th, since I won't be staying at Universal until Nov. 19th. Decisions, decisions.

Just announced to run Sept 14 - Nov 15.

Had to cancel our trip over Labor Day weekend which royally bummed me out. But now I have the DARK ARTS to look forward to! Rescheduled trip for Sep 28th. Bring on the Death Eaters!:box:

I'm beginning to fear that this show will not include drones.

-We haven't seen any testing
-No visible drone platform on HPFJ show building
-No nets installed like in Hollywood over guest areas where the drones fly
-Also to note, haven't seen any construction of the added flame jets that Hollywood has scattered around the land for this show.

Possible reasoning for no drone platform and nets near/on the castle could be that they wont be flying to the left of the castle like in Hollywood, they could be flying up high above, or to the right hand side of the castle which is backstage instead of over Jurassic Park.

One other potential theory is that to make the illusion look proper the drones could be flying over the active JP construction site, which is about equivalent to where the drones fly in Hollywood (over the studio tour)~ not sure if they can fly drones over this?? If they can, then maybe they simply put the drone launch point in Jurassic Park and that explains why we aren't seeing it on Bio's helicopter photos

I'm beginning to fear that this show will not include drones.

-We haven't seen any testing
-No visible drone platform on HPFJ show building
-No nets installed like in Hollywood over guest areas where the drones fly
-Also to note, haven't seen any construction of the added flame jets that Hollywood has scattered around the land for this show.

Possible reasoning for no drone platform and nets near/on the castle could be that they wont be flying to the left of the castle like in Hollywood, they could be flying up high above, or to the right hand side of the castle which is backstage instead of over Jurassic Park.

One other potential theory is that to make the illusion look proper the drones could be flying over the active JP construction site, which is about equivalent to where the drones fly in Hollywood (over the studio tour)~ not sure if they can fly drones over this?? If they can, then maybe they simply put the drone launch point in Jurassic Park and that explains why we aren't seeing it on Bio's helicopter photos

To add to this Universal updated their show times page and does not list the Dark Arts yet, just Nighttime lights. I'm wondering what's up...

I'm guessing the drones proved too expensive, and too troublesome with their landings, in Hollywood....so perhaps they've been cut from the show.