Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

I know in the scope of everything that these are little things, but the fire towers, Go go dancers, and sliders are just a few examples of small details that made the event better atmosphere wise. The atmosphere of the event has been off for years, even 2016. Unlike Knotts or Dark Harbor, you don’t want to hang out or watch the actors in the scarezone. It may be a small problem for y’all but it disappoints me every time they do stuff like this and almost takes away from the mazes.

Fire towers that one year with construction made sense. Now I'm just sad.
Even if they moved them to the backlot or something, that'd be nice.
Sliders being gone was just rude. Can't believe they did that. Way back in 2009? Just sad haha

Fire towers that one year with construction made sense. Now I'm just sad.
Even if they moved them to the backlot or something, that'd be nice.
Sliders being gone was just rude. Can't believe they did that. Way back in 2009? Just sad haha
The fact there weren't putting towers on the backlot or tram made 100% no sense to me.

I'm sure in terms of the fire towers and sliders if Universal increased the budget we'd finally get those back, since I imagine the fire towers are pretty expensive to operate for so many nights, and I believe the sliders were contracted from elsewhere, so there's still hope for those some year in the future. Gogos are gone for good though.

Uh.....WHAT!? How has nobody mentioned this!? :eek:O:

Probably because lots of people left before Chainsaw Chase Out - also they weren't there during the actual scare zone. I think they just came out to slide and that's it. So something is better than nothing. I didnt peep them too clearly either, I saw them quickly after hearing the pads hit the ground.

Going to the Fan Preview tomorrow night and I can’t wait! How do you guys think it will be in terms of the crowds? Hoping to be able to hit everything and get out before midnight if I play everything smart.

Also my first year with a frequent fear pass instead of doing one night with Express or RIP. Can’t wait to do Ghostbusters as many times as possible.

Curious if knotts has been called out for their characters in maze shadowland or is it just suddenly Hollywood getting all the hate? Also is there's a specific character that portrays yellowface or?

Last edited:

Curious if knotts has been called out for their characters in maze shadowland or is it just suddenly Hollywood getting all the hate? Also is there's a specific character that portrays yellowface or?

Half expected this to happen the second I saw the guy in the fu manchu. That kinda thing has alot of uncomfortable history attached, yellow peril and all that. It might've been portrayed by a white guy too, I'm not sure though.

I do hope they continue with this zone, however, just as a Chinese guy. It's still badass that they tried to represent Asian ghosts and culture without defaulting to just Japanese grudge monsters.

Edit: I really hope the PR team is on this, because there are alot of potential pitfalls in this situation.

Last edited:
As a pretty progressive liberal I hope USH/ HHN stand their ground. Murdy and co worked tirelessly and the yellow face de-characterization is not for racist intent, plus this cancel culture will literally serve them no purpose. While of course, I am not Asian myself, I understand the stereotypes and racist caricatures that Asians as a group have encountered but this scare zone does not aim to offend, in fact it honors that culture's horror. El Cucuy and La Llorona, as a Hispanic, are cool interpretations at HHN. Literally only one criticism is from an actual Asian in the comments. I really hope their PR team explains their position on the matter instead of outright taking the scare zone away completely.

If anyone’s wondering, this is why we don’t have half the stuff Orlando does. This year they have a damn dominatrix and we have shadowlands light getting yelled at for being insensitive. I’m a really progressive guy, but sometimes mature events need to be attended by mature audiences

Ehhhh let's not get ahead of ourselves, I don't think cancel culture is the reason why we didn't get Graveyard Games.

Come to think of it though, I'd be very curious to see a Vanity Ball type zone at Hollywood and seeing how that goes down. Could cause alot of excitement.