Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Dark Arts at Hogwarts Castle (IOA)

Frustrating for me though. We arrive 10pm on the 28th and the schedule doesn't go past that date... yet. :ugh:

Do we know how long the run-time will be? Every 20 minutes is more than I expected.

Let me rephrase, we can’t speculate on why something was cut when we do not know if it’s even been cut.

We can put together what we know to form a theory. Hollywood was visibly testing drones for weeks leading to the debut of Dark Arts. If there has been no visible drone testing, nor permits filed for testing or performance use, and no drone landing pads seen on or anywhere near Hogwarts from the recent aerial photos. We can safely assume that there won't be any, at least not during Halloween this year.

There are no drones but there is a ton of pyro added. From what I understand they have issues using a lot of pyro in Hollywood on school nights so the drones were added. There may be some pyro for the Death Eater thing also.

I don’t get this- so the show is these guys show up in fog and green light and basically walk around, then they leave?

That’s all I saw in the video. What am I missing about this?
No, that's not the full show. Eventually after scouring the crowd they find the wizard they were looking for and try to apprehend them. Then a wizard battle happens with more pyro and the wizard runs away with the death eaters in hot persuit. While yes, this is an atmosphere/meet and greet addition, the production is really cool.

No, that's not the full show. Eventually after scouring the crowd they find the wizard they were looking for and try to apprehend them. Then a wizard battle happens with more pyro and the wizard runs away with the death eaters in hot persuit. While yes, this is an atmosphere/meet and greet addition, the production is really cool.

Skip to the end of the linked video above. It has that finale segment, it’s short and just kind of happens out of the blue

They really should consider adding something in the show to replace the drones, like some fireworks. You have all these little particles flying up into the air (projected on the castle) then nothing appears in the air. In Hollywood it made my jaw drop~ in Orlando not so much.

They’ll probably have to add some signs outside of Hogsmeade informing guests about the actors because I saw kids run like hell once they caught a glimpse of the death eaters:lol:

Last edited:
Skip to the end of the linked video above. It has that finale segment, it’s short and just kind of happens out of the blue

They really should consider adding something in the show to replace the drones, like some fireworks. You have all these little particles flying up into the air (projected on the castle) then nothing appears in the air. In Hollywood it made my jaw drop~ in Orlando not so much.

They’ll probably have to add some signs outside of Hogsmeade informing guests about the actors because I saw kids run like hell once they caught a glimpse of the death eaters:lol:
Agreed, that drone moment is stunning!