Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion | Page 29 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
According to Tom Williams,

This campus is 750 acres total and the park fully planned. They will NOT announce IPs any time soon to prevent those deterring vacations. However via testing all IPs being brought to the park are considered Killers...They have a price but will also not reveal until closer. The total timeline of blue sky to opening is 5-6 years. And he confirmed you won't be able to compare this to ANY other park in Florida. Lastly, Universal wants to do well with Adults and children 7 and above because they know Disney has that market for the younger ones so while they may have some things for the smaller children do not expect much.

I just wonder if we're already somewhat in that 5-6 year period he's mentioned. From what it seems, lots of development has already been done. They said they won't announce IPs, so in my mind those sound somewhat locked. Idk, I'm still thinking a 2023 opening. Its just my hopes, but I just cant see this not opening until 2025. Of course Im no expert though. Id just think waiting to have SNW open in Orlando until 2025, 5 years after opening in Osaka is a long time. Ideally I think they'd want Osaka next spring, Hollywood in summer 2021, then 2023/2024 for SNW. At that point its still fresh, you'd be likely be the first to have the DK Coaster, along with another possibly rumored Super Smash Bros Show (rumored, again). Gives a lot of people reason to still visit Orlando's SNW.

I just wonder if we're already somewhat in that 5-6 year period he's mentioned. From what it seems, lots of development has already been done. They said they won't announce IPs, so in my mind those sound somewhat locked. Idk, I'm still thinking a 2023 opening. Its just my hopes, but I just cant see this not opening until 2025. Of course Im no expert though. Id just think waiting to have SNW open in Orlando until 2025, 5 years after opening in Osaka is a long time. Ideally I think they'd want Osaka next spring, Hollywood in summer 2021, then 2023/2024 for SNW. At that point its still fresh, you'd be likely be the first to have the DK Coaster, along with another possibly rumored Super Smash Bros Show (rumored, again). Gives a lot of people reason to still visit Orlando's SNW.
I don’t think Smash was ever rumored...?

I’ll believe it when I see it.

I really don’t see how it’ll work. The special effects needed for it would be insane and way above what anyone would want to pay for a year round show.

Honestly, the only way that it could work, is if it's a mixture in the technology of DreamWorks Theater and perhaps what they're cooking in Bourne, IMO.

Honestly, the only way that it could work, is if it's a mixture in the technology of DreamWorks Theater and perhaps what they're cooking in Bourne, IMO.

I'm going to point out that Universal already was working on a Zelda show with a puzzle theater (remember the seats could change and shift kinda like the stages in Smash Bros)....Additionally they have a lot more technological research that we aren't privy too nor has been disclosed to insiders.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Hey folks, so our real estate reporter came across some interesting news while speaking to his "sources" — I don't know who they are, either, but I trust his vetting process — and he learned a bit on the Epic Universe hotels.

Specifically, it appears Universal's first portion of this includes TWO 750-room hotels. Not many other details as to location or timeline.

Not sure if there are more planned, but it appears Universal may have greenlit these two first — I'm just speculating here.

Here's the link to the story, but it's behind a paywall:
https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando...ersals-epic.html?iana=hpmvp_orl_news_headline

We haven't seen the tech ptoetnailyl being used for Smash yet because Bourne hasnt opened. I think its hard to envision this show, but I can see it being down well like KFP, or maybe it can be KFP on steroids?