Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 29: Universal Monsters

Both Draculas (his scene and the finale) were missing from Cast B last night, at least for the 6:30-7:15 set. That was bizarre. I already don’t like the Dracula room (I love it artistically, it’s just tense and close), so I was prepping to just deal with the screaming vamp behind me and watch the Drac scare to my left. No Drac!! I don’t know if they took him out of the finale because he wasn’t represented in the core of the house or if it was just a weird coincidence, but that was something.

Reserve casting got really desperate toward the end of the session, starting with calls for I believe 6’ men, but when they had run out of that height class, they started accepting down to 5’8. I wonder if they were really nervous about needing to fill the Dracula holes?

Last edited:
Both Draculas (his scene and the finale) were missing from Cast B last night, at least for the 6:30-7:15 set. That was bizarre. I already don’t like the Dracula room (I love it artistically, it’s just tense and close), so I was prepping to just deal with the screaming vamp behind me and watch the Drac scare to my right. No Drac!! I don’t know if they took him out of the finale because he wasn’t represented in the core of the house or if it was just a weird coincidence, but that was something.

Reserve casting got really desperate toward the end of the session, starting with calls for I believe 6’ men, but when they had run out of that height class, they started accepting down to 5’8. I wonder if they were really nervous about needing to fill the Dracula holes?

I went in there later and I saw both Dracs. Now, I don’t recall what Cast I was in though.

Both Draculas (his scene and the finale) were missing from Cast B last night, at least for the 6:30-7:15 set. That was bizarre. I already don’t like the Dracula room (I love it artistically, it’s just tense and close), so I was prepping to just deal with the screaming vamp behind me and watch the Drac scare to my left. No Drac!! I don’t know if they took him out of the finale because he wasn’t represented in the core of the house or if it was just a weird coincidence, but that was something.

Both of them were def there last night in both casts. Maybe you went through at a cast change or, as much as I hate to say it there may of been a guest incident that he needed to report

I went in there later and I saw both Dracs. Now, I don’t recall what Cast I was in though.
Both of them were def there last night in both casts. Maybe you went through at a cast change or, as much as I hate to say it there may of been a guest incident that he needed to report
Cast change checks out for the first one, actually. Entered the house at 6:27 [and missed my friend in Cast A because of the cast change :(]. I didn't consider the fact that the Dracula platform is raised. Come to think of it, I kind of want to know how the process of getting up there actually works. For the second Drac, that would suck if it were a guest incident. I can see how someone could really get jumped in that area of the house because of the close quarters and particularly low ceilings, and while that's not a justification, it could lead to somebody getting hit. Yikes.

There's a ladder.
Simple and succinct. I’ve been thinking too far into this whole event.

Thank you for everything you provide, Legacy! It’s so fun to hear backstage knowledge all year long. Also, if it isn’t too much, could you tell us which codenames went with which house in the end? I’ve been a little stumped on why a few of them were chosen.

Simple and succinct. I’ve been thinking too far into this whole event.

Thank you for everything you provide, Legacy! It’s so fun to hear backstage knowledge all year long. Also, if it isn’t too much, could you tell us which codenames went with which house in the end? I’ve been a little stumped on why a few of them were chosen.

If I'm correct, it seems there was multiple sets of codenames this year.

A general one more akin to what we get normally, and one...seemingly sports themed?

If I'm correct, it seems there was multiple sets of codenames this year.

A general one more akin to what we get normally, and one...seemingly sports themed?
There’s some talk going on in the general discussion thread; please do share what you know!

Had a STELLAR run-through of this house last night. The cast was super energetic. The visuals were exquisitely done. I was so happy to see
Hunchback and Phantom! The bell tower and chandelier were stunning in person! These monsters/scenes are not as widely appreciated so I was thrilled that they included them!

The Wolfman bungee scare was so incredibly done last night and I was thoroughly impressed!

The cast last night was super aggressive and in your face. The close quarters of that house help a lot. I loved all of the masks, especially Dracula's.

The final scene with Drac, Wolfman, Bride, and Frankenstein was done so well and found a way to display the main icons in one space. It was thrilling!

Overall, met and exceeded all of my expectations. The strongest house, scare and scenically, that I have been through this year and is currently #2 on my list and I don't see it getting any lower than that. Creative outdid themselves with this one for sure! Would've been insanely amazing to be at 30, but I am sure that there was a reason they were here this year. No complaints from me!

So does the chandelier actually do anything? I keep hearing people talking about it but every time I've seen it its just stationary with some strobes and sound effects.