Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion

Hey folks, so our real estate reporter came across some interesting news while speaking to his "sources" — I don't know who they are, either, but I trust his vetting process — and he learned a bit on the Epic Universe hotels.

Specifically, it appears Universal's first portion of this includes TWO 750-room hotels. Not many other details as to location or timeline.

Not sure if there are more planned, but it appears Universal may have greenlit these two first — I'm just speculating here.

Here's the link to the story, but it's behind a paywall:
https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando...ersals-epic.html?iana=hpmvp_orl_news_headline
Pretty sure those two are IN ADDITION to the hotel shown in the concept art at the back of the park. There are currently 3 hotels for south campus with project numbers, and the in park one has less rooms than the other two.

If that was the case WWE which is literally the live version of smash bros wouldn't be as big as an industry as it is. I think its a great idea.
Yeah that’s a huge leap. There is a lot more that goes into WWE with story lines and personalities that make it work. A smash brothers show is just characters fighting. How do they make it? Live action or screens? Either way it’s a complete mess.

Last edited:
Yeah that’s a huge leap. There is a lot more that goes into WWE with story lines and personalities that make it work. A smash brothers show is just characters fighting. How do they make it? Love action or screens? Either way it’s a complete mess.
:ay:

:lol:

Yeah that’s a huge leap. There is a lot more that goes into WWE with story lines and personalities that make it work. A smash brothers show is just characters fighting. How do they make it? Love action or screens? Either way it’s a complete mess.

Personally, I just think it leads better to a TF style attraction if they were ever to do it, but it's just me~

Pretty sure those two are IN ADDITION to the hotel shown in the concept art at the back of the park. There are currently 3 hotels for south campus with project numbers, and the in park one has less rooms than the other two.

So perhaps..we're dealing with 2K new rooms at the start?

I know nothing of project numbers, but I also had the first reaction that these didn't sound like the hotel at the back of the park. I'm wondering if these two might be value hotels?

To add to the discussion on hotel rooms, Tom Williams had this to say in that recent interview:

Jessica Jean Reif Cohen
How many rooms do you think you will ultimately have in Orlando? I mean not forever but in the next, let's say, five years.

Tom Williams
At least 11,000. A couple thousand more than the 9,000 we have already announced.
750 + 750 + the 500 room in-park hotel would cover that.

Definitely sounds to me like these will be at least towards the upscale Resorts end rather than the 1,250+ish mass-scale value end of the spectrum.

Definitely sounds to me like these will be at least towards the upscale Resorts end rather than the 1,250+ish mass-scale value end of the spectrum.
And it still sounds to me like the two 750 room hotels will be value or prime value resorts. The 500 room resort at the back of the park will definitely be high end though.

A new article was posted on Orlando Sentinel about Epic Universe

Essentially it is Tom Williams talking about how they don't need to compete with the Diz

Universal chief talks about Nintendo World, Epic Universe and its competition with Disney - Orlando Sentinel
Pretty much said what we already knew. I do like that he says they have "fully planned". Not that we all didn't think so but its nice to see they have everything mapped out that they plan to do. Monsters can't get canceled now!!!! (Hopefully)

That whole interview is fascinating by the way. There could be a dozen articles written about what he said. He discussed Beijing too, talking about an all new ride for Jurassic World there. Talked about Hollywood and how they’re trying to get the rights to build more on some land and expand the park. And of course Epic Universe and a lot about Nintendo as we’ve seen.

The thing that excited me the most is it seems like SNW in Osaka is opening next spring. I expected late summer right around Olympic time. Cant believe we'll get to see Mario Kart within the year, after all the waiting!!! When was it first announced that Nintendo and Universal had partnered? I remember reading it on the Orlando Informer forums, back in the day haha.

The thing that excited me the most is it seems like SNW in Osaka is opening next spring. I expected late summer right around Olympic time. Cant believe we'll get to see Mario Kart within the year, after all the waiting!!! When was it first announced that Nintendo and Universal had partnered? I remember reading it on the Orlando Informer forums, back in the day haha.
The partnership with Nintendo was first announced May 2015:

Universal Orlando Close Up | Nintendo Partners with Universal | Universal Orlando Blog