Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

I havent seen anyone talking about it really, but do the mazes actually have finales this year? Or is it more black hallway exits for the most part

Loved tonight, really put things back on track after two so so years.

Best mazes were def Holidayz and Killer Klowns.

Also the secret prize from Ghostbusters was neat.

Even the mini Figure concert got people pumped. I wonder if HHN will have little things like that to break the mold thru the year and beyond.

So my nights over and I only got through 6 houses. I don’t blame them for whatever happened with stranger things, but that going down completely disrupted crowd flow. Doesn’t really matter since I’ll be back tomorrow and hopefully I’ll get through everything then. Had a lot of fun tonight and I think this is gonna be a pretty good year.

Yep, Stranger Things 2 is the worst HHN maze I've ever experienced and I've been to MANY HHN's. Like they had too much room but not enough money to fill such massive spaces. A complete and utter waste of SS29's potential. In fact, most of the mazes at Six Flags, far surpass Stranger Things in overall quality and design.

US blew me away, and I'd never seen the movie, the talent was some of the best I've ever seen at HHN. They were so into their roles. The wide-eyed masks were horrifying.

Last edited:
I just got back from the fan preview. This year is great, maybe even as good as or better than 2016. The only thing holding it back are a couple of duds. Pandora's Box feels like something out of a county fair and Stranger Things is possibly the most boring maze that I ever walked through at any park ever. Does this IP really have to come back again next year?

My favs are definitely Frankenstein Meets The Wolfman and Killer Klowns. All the mazes other than Pandora and Stranger Things are at least very good if not great. I will write up more later.

We only got through 6 houses but so far, this is my ranking:

Killer Klowns - Amazing! Loved every second and I got every scare. 9.5/10 rating

Us - Loved it. Acting was on point, got scared a few times. True to the movie. 8.5/10 rating

Creepshow - I really enjoyed this one. And the facade was really cool. 8/10 rating

Holidayz in Hell - Really cool. I liked it. 7.5/10 rating

Frank vs WM - I really really enjoyed this maze too. I feel like this a low ranking for it for how cool it is. Nice sequel. 7.5/10 rating

Stranger Things 2 - The disappointment from this maze... major let down and that’s coming from a ST fan. Big downgrade from last year’s maze. Puppet scares and almost no scareactors scares. Didn’t really tell the story either. Eleven isn’t in the maze at all, not even a fake Eleven prop. 2/10 rating.

Scarezones: They definitely stepped it up in the scarezones. I just hope nobody complains about them touching us and getting more in our faces.

Doesn't sound like anyone got through all of the mazes. Was it hard to? I know it closed at 12 and there was no early entry, but it's a bit worrisome.
Also, did anyone check out the panel?

I guess I was the only one who did all of the mazes in one night. Huh.

Manics seemed to as well, given his twitter. Still, it sounds like operations were a little dicey this time around. Stranger Things getting closed really threw a wrench in a lot of people's plans.

Manics seemed to as well, given his twitter. Still, it sounds like operations were a little dicey this time around. Stranger Things getting closed really threw a wrench in a lot of people's plans.
Gonna post a review later when I have more time but here’s what I did with no FoL pass whatsoever:

1) Booked it to Metro. GB, FMTWM, and CS in that order.

2) Found our ST was closed so did KKfOS

3) Upper lot and did Pandora

4) Discovered HoTC and Holidayz were Dead so hit those

5) Went to Us

6) Grabbed dinner at Luigi’s

7) ST

Got done with everything a little past midnight. Super late, but I was able to pull it off. Just hope and pray that that ST doesn’t shut down. Upper lot mazes spiked in wait times around 8, but then died down around 9:30 to nothing. HoTC and Holidayz were walk ups!

I feel like if you do the usual and work your way from Metro, to lower lot (Do ST first!) then upper lot with Pandora and Us first, then HoTC and Holidayz, you should be good. I don’t say it with 100% confidence despite the ST wrench being thrown.

Doesn't sound like anyone got through all of the mazes. Was it hard to? I know it closed at 12 and there was no early entry, but it's a bit worrisome.
Also, did anyone check out the panel?
You either gotta get a FOL option or plan on going multiple nights if you want to do HHN right. That’s always been my philosophy and it seems like it goes double this year.

Probably getting tickets this weekend and I think we’ve decided on just doing the frequent fear pass and going like three or four times. Should be worth it with our free parking.

If they would’ve told us that Stranger Things was closed for the moment, we would’ve left. They didn’t say a word to us. A little upset about that.

I know this is sacrilege, but I have to get something off my chest. I don’t think this was a good year.

It had some great mazes, better than the last few years, but the bad mazes were bad. Stranger Things 2, Pandora, and Ghostbusters to some extent felt like they were done by some type of B Team. I never was on the train that they were trying to make the event less scary, but hell, the horror in horror nights felt like it was missing. On the bright side, the atmosphere on the lower lot was better than ever, but the rest of the park felt empty

I guess I was the only one who did all of the mazes in one night. Huh.

I did every maze with FOTL, then attended the panel, then went back to the backlot because past midnight every maze was a walk-on with standby and did Ghostbusters and Creepshow multiple times (Despite 45 minute wait times posted).