Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Iron Gwazi (General Discussion)

Even "Iron Crocodile" has the better ring to it IMO. I understand wanted to make it easy on the "Gwazi Park" Area, but would it have been that difficult to switch out a few extra signs?

IF, they were so intent on keeping Gwazi in the name, I would have at least preferred it to really be based on Gwazi. Maybe even sporting dual color, yellow/purple track ala Joker at SFDK.

Even "Iron Crocodile" has the better ring to it IMO. I understand wanted to make it easy on the "Gwazi Park" Area, but would it have been that difficult to switch out a few extra signs?

IF, they were so intent on keeping Gwazi in the name, I would have at least preferred it to really be based on Gwazi. Maybe even sporting dual color, yellow/purple track ala Joker at SFDK.
I find it hard that after seaworld purchased a multi million dollar rmc, spent hundreds of thousands in construction and law costs, and will spend another hundred thousand on marketing, they cant afford to change out a few signs or create a better logo. It was a choice they made

Im actually tempted to go into adobe illustrator and make the word ‘Uproar’ into a fitting logo

Ugh Uproar wouldve been so good. And cheetah hunt style lion rmc trains UGH

Imo, 'Uproar' sounds like an also-ran name for Tigris, which it was.

Not feeling Iron Gwazi, or the croc theme. Would've made much more sense to make it liger based, the hybrid of a lion and a tiger, and also the largest cat on the planet. Would've fit with the spirit of the ride more than crocodiles, although the crocodile "death roll" is a fantastic element name they could use for the spiraling drop.

But, it's literally spilled milk. BGT is getting a world class coaster, and that should be what everyone's focusing on.

Don’t forget Cobra’s Curse and Cheetah Hunt... they aren’t all one word mythical creature named coasters.
I agree with you, but I feel Cheetah Hunt and Cobras Curse are in a different class of the rides at BGT. The 'big boy rides' should all be original one word names. Idk if that made sense but yeah

Anybody know if they plan on relocating the park's crocodile to the Gwazi park area? I've always felt his enclosure was a little small, and now there's a croc attraction it'd make sense to give him a new area by the ride.

Anybody know if they plan on relocating the park's crocodile to the Gwazi park area? I've always felt his enclosure was a little small, and now there's a croc attraction it'd make sense to give him a new area by the ride.
Not sure about the massive Nile crocodile they have, but they also have some narrow snout crocs, including a few babies. I bet they would be the ones that get showcased by the coaster.

I actually asked them this very question and they said they are not

I miss the days when the big rides had African sounding names and things felt more authentic and not so plastic. All that changed when they took Cheetaka and made it Cheetah Hunt. Last area themed the old way was Jungala and then things got dumbed down after that. Iron Gwazi seems to be a continuation of that pattern. Missed opportunity as far as I’m concerned.

I miss the days when the big rides had African sounding names and things felt more authentic and not so plastic. All that changed when they took Cheetaka and made it Cheetah Hunt. Last area themed the old way was Jungala and then things got dumbed down after that. Iron Gwazi seems to be a continuation of that pattern. Missed opportunity as far as I’m concerned.
It has seemed to me like the park is starting to transition away from the "Africa" theme. For reference, look at Timbuktu changing to Pantopia.

Looks a little oriental but keep at it. Look at pantheons text styling. Should look similar if you’re playing off the up theme. And it should look bold and LOUD to create emphasis on the roar part.

It has seemed to me like the park is starting to transition away from the "Africa" theme. For reference, look at Timbuktu changing to Pantopia.

Yeah I wish they’d go back to what they had when the Busch fam had control. SheiKra is a great example of an attraction that was well thought out, had elements of realism tied into this celebration of an animal that dove for its prey, all while keeping the African sounding vibes attached to it.

Looks a little oriental but keep at it. Look at pantheons text styling. Should look similar if you’re playing off the up theme. And it should look bold and LOUD to create emphasis on the roar part.

Yeah I wish they’d go back to what they had when the Busch fam had control. SheiKra is a great example of an attraction that was well thought out, had elements of realism tied into this celebration of an animal that dove for its prey, all while keeping the African sounding vibes attached to it.
Yeah i just made that to get an idea of what im making. Logos are hard g

Gwazi: Uproar just sounds so cool to me

Also, I feel Tigris should have had the crocodile theme

Also also, I feel as if the Gwazi part of the logo clashes with the turquoise and blue of the rest of the logo...It's weird

That's all haha