The Suicide Squad (2021) | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

The Suicide Squad (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So i'm confused on if this is a sequel or what? I mean, seems like a lot of the cast is back so it can't really be considered a reboot, but it's also not being billed as if it's the second movie with the title simply being The Suicide Squad.

So i'm confused on if this is a sequel or what? I mean, seems like a lot of the cast is back so it can't really be considered a reboot, but it's also not being billed as if it's the second movie with the title simply being The Suicide Squad.

It's seeming like more of a..shall we say, re imagining? Imagine, how they differed from Escape from Arkham to Hell to Pay for the animated Suicide Squad films.

Reactions: Nick
Wow. That’s quite impressive frankly. So are they basically re-doing the first film? Or is this a continuation?

I'm guessing a soft-reboot, in the same vein as the second DCAnimated Suicide Squad to where it kept certain characters but integrated more of the modern line of what they were developing.

Admittedly, I am very interested to see how much of John Cena we'll see for the film, as he actually kind-of killed it as his role for last year's Bumblebee.

I hope its good, from the trailer looks kinda interesting but highly doubt its "different" its going to be a three act movie and yes some characters will die but some characters can't Die like Harley. So sure it will be better than the last two films she was in at least

I’m interested in this one. This looks WAY better than the 2016 film. I love that their going for classic comic vibes with the costumes and going for unknown characters. Having it set during a middle of a war is reminding me from The Boys Comics where a superhero team was sent to help a bunch of soldiers but fail as each of them are brutally killed.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
With a cast that huge, I guess character development is gonna be slim. As someone who doesn't read comics, I have no idea who some of them are.

Hopefully, Gunn can work his magic and make it a fun.