Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Black Widow

They also showed a trailer to those in attendance, as the film takes place Post-Civil War/Pre-Infinity War.
Not sure how I feel about this. Never have been super high on the movie given I think it should’ve happened 5-6 years ago. This just seems like a filling in the blanks of something plot-wise that likely could’ve been told through a Disney+ series.

In typical Feige fashion though, I’m sure what we learn will be vital going forward.

Not sure how I feel about this. Never have been super high on the movie given I think it should’ve happened 5-6 years ago. This just seems like a filling in the blanks of something plot-wise that likely could’ve been told through a Disney+ series.

In typical Feige fashion though, I’m sure what we learn will be vital going forward.

Yeah, with that timeline, they can introduce new characters for the next phase. A new "Black Widow" wouldn't surprise me at all.

At the Saturn Awards, it was mentioned that RDJ is returning for the Solo-film.

The finale installment of the Marvel big-screen saga was named best comic-to-film release. Robert Downey Jr.’s swan song performance as Tony Stark, aka Iron Man, in Endgame earned him the best actor in a film award. (Downey will be seen in the role of Stark one more time, however, in the Marvel prequel Black Widow in May 2020.) Josh Brolin, who portrayed the calculating, grape-colored alien despot called Thanos, won as the best supporting actor in a film for Avengers: Endgame as well.
Saturn Awards: ‘Spider-Man’ Star Tom Holland Wins For Third Year In A Row – Deadline

Wonder how much they had to pay him considering he said he wanted Endgame to be his last MCU movie.

Wonder how much they had to pay him considering he said he wanted Endgame to be his last MCU movie.
Honestly, I think he would only agree to be in it if he read the script and thought his inclusion in the movie didn’t overshadow Black Widow but was necessary for the story.

He has a poop ton of money and can pretty much do what he wants at the moment.

But yeah. He’s definitely making a lot for this appearance.

Yeah, of course they’re going to milk it. Movie is going to perform so much better just because of him being in it.

I will personally be fine with RDJ back as Tony in past-tense, if it's done in a vein to how they brought back Tarkin: Small, but important enough to have a slight moment or two.

Personally, I see it being more as a cameo sort of thing, similar to how Pepper/Paltrow came back in Homecoming for the one scene.

I will personally be fine with RDJ back as Tony in past-tense, if it's done in a vein to how they brought back Tarkin: Small, but important enough to have a slight moment or two.

Personally, I see it being more as a cameo sort of thing, similar to how Pepper/Paltrow came back in Homecoming for the one scene.
At the same time, if he's only showing up as a cameo, then why is it even necessary for him to be in the movie? I feel like he'll be slightly more than a cameo. Probably 3-4 scenes.

Personally I think this is a bit of a game of telephone, apparently the two times they have showed footage (SDCC and D23) they have included Civil War footage which of course RDJ is in.

I think that is all this is, to position ourselves timeline-wise the movie starts with the Airport fight and then Tony and Nat's conversation at Avengers HQ "They'll be coming for you now" Natasha walks off into her own adventure, hell I'd bet it will end with a post Endgame epilogue "As the world mourns Tony Stark and Steve Rogers the question remains what became of The Black Widow" queue Florence Pugh suiting up as our new Black Widow because surely that's why they are making this movie right now.

So people hear Robert Downey Jr as Tony Stark is in the film and assume it will be newly shot stuff when it is just old footage and photos.

I don't even know what function Tony Stark could serve in a Natasha-centric story post-CIVIL WAR. I rather liked the idea that he hadn't been in contact with any of Cap's crew (which Natasha certainly was by the end of that movie) before ENDGAME.

Rumors of a Black Widow release dropping tonight during Monday Night Football are swirling. Either way, the trailer will need to drop soon as you'd think Disney would want it playing ahead of Rise of Skywalker.

The acting looks top notch but for me its too mired down into realism compared to the other films that its not hitting me right. Maybe the next trailer will be better for me.

Looks fairly generic.

When is this meant to be set as there's a 2018 BMW X3 in the trailer. I assumed it was before the MCU but I may have read that as set before Infinity War.

Bourne meets Atomic Blonde with all the usual Marvel sensibilities.

Also, that logo is insanely cool.

Looks fairly generic.

When is this meant to be set as there's a 2018 BMW X3 in the trailer. I assumed it was before the MCU but I may have read that as set before Infinity War.
A 2018 model would’ve came out in 2017 so that fits the timeline of between Civil War and Infinity War.

Last edited: