Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

Hey guys. My college has a yearly HHN trip and I am planning on going soon to kind of preview/review it before the trip so other students can get hyped about it. What day do you suggest I buy tickets for? My plan is to hit all the houses and I might get Express if my wallet can handle it lmao.

Worst stay and scream ever tonight. Released pen at 530, didn't opens house until 545, by that time express backed up so bad they got 90 percent of admission, took over 15 minutes for 1 switchback.

How does this reconcile with the 5-15 minute wait times at everything but ST on the app at 11:15 EST? I just checked and it looks like the park is totally dead.

But stay and scream led to a huge wait for the first house??

Edit: ST wait time dropped from 55 to 35 minutes just now. So, park was dead but stay and scream led to huge waits for the first house?

Is this correct?

How does this reconcile with the 5-15 minute wait times at everything but ST on the app at 11:15 EST? I just checked and it looks like the park is totally dead.

But stay and scream led to a huge wait for the first house??

Edit: ST wait time dropped from 55 to 35 minutes just now. So, park was dead but stay and scream led to huge waits for the first house?

Is this correct?
Yes, crowds low tonight, but it was just the stay and scream release that was bad. I have no explanation as to why we were released early, held and Express filled up. Maybe because it was raining?

Yes, crowds low tonight, but it was just the stay and scream release that was bad. I have no explanation as to why we were released early, held and Express filled up. Maybe because it was raining?
This is literally how they have been doing Stay and Scream for a good while...?

They let you out as soon as the park is cleared. Simpson’s S&S has been like this for a while, pen opens and you queue for a house. If it’s ready - it’s ready. Sometimes there’s delays. I wouldn’t say opening at 5:45 is bad.

Last edited:
This is literally how they have been doing Stay and Scream for a good while...?

We did stay and scream last October, really crowded, and we were maybe the 15th people into stranger things. We were held for what looked like a tour group of some kind, else we may have been first.

So at least for us last year, we were not released then held for express.

Did s&s at Simpsons tonight. What a perfect night. Not crazy hot. We made sure we had accuweather alert us when a shower was coming through so we took cover. Pops and me had a private run of universal monsters after we did depths. Just amazing. It was never as busy as it was last night. Saturday’s seem to be the new ish. Timing was perfect whenever we did a house. Got to take a picture with shorty at entrance to killer klowns. These are the nights that HHN is made for. That AoV show is really good too. I mean....just wow, man. It’s going to be really hard to come up with a top 5 or even 7 or more. Everybody is just on top of their game right now.

If you are not towards the front of the waiting group for finns it really isnt worth it unless u dont have Express ir want to double up on on of the two up front. U basically have to be there by 4.30 and stand there in the sun for an hour. Simpson's is way more chill and u walk in the back 5 by 7. Just depends what your priorities are.

While the main highlights are the same, Hollywood is longer with way more going on for each scene compared to Orlando which incorporated more scares. It seems whoever designed the house enjoyed the movie way more than the ones in Orlando.

The home invasion part were expanded and added scares which is why the reviews for US in Orlando is just like the movie and those who didn't find the movie scary are like meh whereas the reviews for Hollywood is like ton of good scares
So what you're saying is Jordan Peele didn't enjoy Jordan Peele's Us. Got it.

He couldn't have been much more involved in the creation of this house than he was.

I can not get enough of academy of villains this year! I think the show is great and finally fits in well with horror nights (unlike last year). Tbh I would be interested to see a house based off academy of villains. High level energy house and just see how wacky they could get with it!

I’ve heard a lot of corroboration that Jordan Peele has been very finicky with what he wants out of the Orlando house. This is on top of the late in the game casting and build process due to Tooth Fairy.
He walks the house frequently from what I’ve heard.

Everyone I know that has gone though the US house agrees the house matches the movie excellent but the movie wasn't scary and so the house wasn't either.

Also: How did the house not end with a hands across America projection or something on the wall?