Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

I’ve heard a lot of corroboration that Jordan Peele has been very finicky with what he wants out of the Orlando house. This is on top of the late in the game casting and build process due to Tooth Fairy.
not only did we miss out on a cool tooth fairy house that might have been really great, but now there's all this drama lol. Us... the house that keeps on giving lol.

Everyone I know that has gone though the US house agrees the house matches the movie excellent but the movie wasn't scary and so the house wasn't either.

exactly.

Everyone I know that has gone though the US house agrees the house matches the movie excellent but the movie wasn't scary and so the house wasn't either.

Also: How did the house not end with a hands across America projection or something on the wall?
Because it ends with a Hands Across America scene?

Sammy Davis Jr, Christina Aguilera, & Willy Wonka mashup house? I’m in!

Edit: all bad joking aside, a demented Wonka house would be fantastic.

Will never happen for obvious reasons but a Scary Tales based only on Roald Dahl would be a dream house—his books were pretty much my life in second grade. Wonka obviously but also Witches, BFG, Twits, Matilda, and James and the Giant Peach come to mind—imagine peach smelling tunnels with the bugs stalking you and chewing on James.

An original (and evil) version of WW would be pretty damn cool, though.

So what's the Over/Under on a Candyman house for next year? I'm assuming it's not great?
Why are you assuming it’s “not great.” We’re assuming Jordan doesn’t like how the houses turned out. He could love them.

What I’m saying is that we don’t know how he feels about them. Universal did what he wanted, and when they went a direction he wasn’t expecting, surprised him in a positive way (like using look-alikes in Orlando—he assumed they doing masks but Universal let him AND Lupita approve the casting).

Just because some guests don’t like the house doesn’t mean Jordan doesn’t.

Why are you assuming it’s “not great.” We’re assuming Jordan doesn’t like how the houses turned out. He could love them.

What I’m saying is that we don’t know how he feels about them. Universal did what he wanted, and when they went a direction he wasn’t expecting, surprised him in a positive way (like using look-alikes in Orlando—he assumed they doing masks but Universal let him AND Lupita approve the casting).

Just because some guests don’t like the house doesn’t mean Jordan doesn’t.

Ahh. I interpreted the original comment as "insiders don't really know how he's responding, but the vibe they're getting isn't positive."

Well, if they followed his word to the letter and even positively surprised him at some points, I can't see why he wouldn't be eagre to work with Uni again. Maybe he still didn't like how the finished product turned out, but if he didn't, why go through the maze so many times?

Ahh. I interpreted the original comment as "insiders don't really know how he's responding, but the vibe they're getting isn't positive."

Well, if they followed his word to the letter and even positively surprised him at some points, I can't see why he wouldn't be eagre to work with Uni again. Maybe he still didn't like how the finished product turned out, but if he didn't, why go through the maze so many times?

I remember ( even before Us was ever going to go to hhn) how Jordan Pelee
Was joking on some interviews that he really wish there was an Us theme park ride. Then the hhn stuff happened. He must be very happy about the house existing at all to begin with

That’s the thing; unless we talk to him, we simply don’t know his opinion on it. He was very hands on and meticulous. We know that. To think he’s not happy with a product that he was so involved in is extremely presumptuous.

I’d be more concerned about Netflix.

That’s the thing; unless we talk to him, we simply don’t know his opinion on it. He was very hands on and meticulous. We know that. To think he’s not happy with a product that he was so involved in is extremely presumptuous.

I’d be more concerned about Netflix.

Why netflix?... .....why???? Omg why?

Have you seen Hollywood’s Stranger Things?

An as we've learned with something like Scream, if the rights holder is not happy with how their property is being treated, they have the power to take it away. Orlando's handling of Stranger Things is no issue, but Hollywood...if I was Netflix I'd be rather unhappy with what HW presented.
the Murdy hhn curse strikes again lol. i will check videos, i was waiting to visit the orlando one. could netflix even ask that only orlando get their properties? or would it be gone from both equally?