Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

My understanding they are controlled but not powered. So they’ll slow down the spinning or lock it but there are not motors on board actively spinning the ride vehicles set to a program.

I think they get locked into position at certain parts of the track.

Facing forward to start, backwards for the middle and free spinning for the last part of memory serves me correctly.

Guardians is more like Gringotts.

Does anyone else get nauseous going backwards on coasters? Lat time I rode Everest I felt very sick after the backward section, and slightly sick on Hagrid

It's a relatively new phenomenon

Sooo I'm not particularly excited about the backward launch

Again (for the brain) it never was presented as a coaster but a dark ride.... :deadhorse:
The one thing in the movies that actually looks like a really fun coaster and they make... not that.

Then we have a Forbidden Forest Ride that could’ve easily been the family friendly dark ride offering and they make the thrilling coaster.

Like, what?

I do love Hagrid btw.

At this point in time, and I'm pretty old, the only rides I have significant nausea/motion sickness issues with are inverted coasters and 'very fast' circling flat rides, like Bayern Curve. Until I hit 40 I didn't have issues with any of those. Curiously though, since I had cataract surgery two years ago, which gave me non corrective medium/long distance sharp vision for the first time in my life, I no longer get even a tiny bit of motion sickness on coasters like Everest, medium speed flat rides, and Simpson type simulators. I've usually read that inner ear issues associated with aging cause some motion sickness, but with me it ended up being vision oriented. Now I can ride stuff that I used to get a bit , though not horrible, nausea/motion sickness on, without any issues.

Again (for the brain) it never was presented as a coaster but a dark ride.... :deadhorse:

With screens

Read a rumor that the show building is essentially like SM and TRON, in that there are no AAs, and not even any video scenes.

If that is true, this is just another phoned in ride by Imagineering. Hard to believe, but it was from a fairly connected person.

Does anyone else get nauseous going backwards on coasters? Lat time I rode Everest I felt very sick after the backward section, and slightly sick on Hagrid

Old age is hell. Having a huge backwards launch makes me have little interest in this ride, suddenly. Especially if the show building has very few effects.

Nausea from more 'extreme' positions is something I've noticed I'm more prone to the older I get. I discovered that doing a few therapeutic anti-vertigo exercises after a bad ride experience fixes things pretty instantaneously for me.

Read a rumor that the show building is essentially like SM and TRON, in that there are no AAs, and not even any video scenes.

If that is true, this is just another phoned in ride by Imagineering. Hard to believe, but it was from a fairly connected person.
I don’t buy this otherwise there’s no point to the turning coaster cars meant to have you focus on show scenes. Sure I could buy no AAs but not even projections? Nah.

Setting aside the chip I have on my shoulder about this attraction and looking at it as objectively as possible... I really think Disney needs to have something special up their sleeves for what's going on in the show building. With the enormous size of the structure and the enormous cost of the project, for it to just be "Space Mountain with some backwards sections and some galactic projections" seems like it runs the risk of being an underwhelming experience.

Same, not looking forward to it as much as I was for this reason

Ironically, I'm fine on the Mummy and Cobras Curse
I think even if it is just a better version of The Mummy or Space Mountain it still is a BETTER version of them.

I think the problem is our expectations are too high. If you expect it to just be better than what we have, then I don’t see how anyone wouldn’t enjoy.