Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

Wouldn't it be more probable that they bring back ST4 at 31? It would give the property a breather year and, depending on the execution and reception of the fourth season, could be a major hit.

Outside of ST and Sabrina which is a WB property I don’t really care about any of the Netflix properties to come to HHN. Sucks that Hollywood would cause the issue though.

Outside of ST and Sabrina which is a WB property I don’t really care about any of the Netflix properties to come to HHN. Sucks that Hollywood would cause the issue though.

Frankly, as a Hollywood goer, it's odd that they chose this year to kick up a stink. I'd say the maze is far better than the 2018 maze, aside from weird play-doh Mindflayer. No Fiber Optics in the Upside Down, for a start.

Maybe this is just the armchair speculator in me, but I'd wager it has more to do with missing scenes and how they left out most of the third season. Say what you will about Hollywood's 2018 maze, they definitely hit all or most of the beats. Same can't be said of this year. The fact that it was marketed as "Season 2+3" probably didn't help.

Last edited:
I saw the vid for ST hollywood, the sets are better than i expected. The sets of the house are pretty faithful. But they focused too much in season 2 which didnt have that many iconic scenes.
And the house in the video felt empty of actors. They had puppets of people but a lot of rooms without scares it seems.
It wasnt as bad as i thought but it looks pretty empty and they chose rooms that werent that iconic. It would be weird if netflix pulled out the property over it

Im gonna see how it compares with orlando when i see that one

Lot of people tonight (Sunday) commented on lack of crowds Saturday night. Sunday house lines were moderate at worst, but I think it's telling a little after 10 Richters, Louies and Finns were all line-free.

Universal Monsters only got better on my second run. may end up surpassing Ghostbusters and bumping up into GOAT territory. I truly can't think of a way to improve upon that house. On the flip side, Stranger Things has dropped below Nightingales--that cast is killing it--and possibly even Depths, which finds more interesting ways to use its mannequins and puppets.

So what's the Over/Under on a Candyman house for next year? I'm assuming it's not great?

FWIW, a VHS of Candyman is arguably the most prominent prop in a Stranger Things scene. If A&D is foreshadowing ...

I just did stranger things, it was funny to see some similarities in the two houses, our house is better but not by much. Some of the problems that plague the Hollywood one. Ours is still better, but the house last year was much better. The flow of the house last year and the placement of the characters last year was better .
The full size creatures last year were much better than the tiny dogs this year.

Maybe losing netflix is not so bad after all....

Lot of people tonight (Sunday) commented on lack of crowds Saturday night. Sunday house lines were moderate at worst, but I think it's telling a little after 10 Richters, Louies and Finns were all line-free.

Universal Monsters only got better on my second run. may end up surpassing Ghostbusters and bumping up into GOAT territory. I truly can't think of a way to improve upon that house. On the flip side, Stranger Things has dropped below Nightingales--that cast is killing it--and possibly even Depths, which finds more interesting ways to use its mannequins and puppets.

FWIW, a VHS of Candyman is arguably the most prominent prop in a Stranger Things scene. If A&D is foreshadowing ...
Hmm, perhaps the earlier start...And people just took trips on Labor Day

I'm hoping that this means the extra days, and extra offerings helped spread the crowds out a bit more as intended. We'll probably get a better idea this week and next to see if the levels remain the same, or if they start to jump significantly.

Also, when does that employee lock-out start?

This morning my scareactor friend texted me and said they are adding Monday, October 21st to the line up.

ohhhhhhh this is MAJOR news (to me since my vacation is going on then)...do you think it would be open to 2am? Also due to the late announcement this should be relatively less crowded day correct?