Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

ohhhhhhh this is MAJOR news (to me since my vacation is going on then)...do you think it would be open to 2am? Also due to the late announcement this should be relatively less crowded day correct?
I went on an "add-on" night a while back, maybe 2017. The crowds were very light, as expected, but there was also a noticeably less amount of scareactors, both in scare zones and houses. I figured this would be the case as well, with the cast having prior commitments, scheduling conflicts, contracts, etc. Still a fantastic time, but keep that in mind if you go that Monday. Who knows, maybe this year it will be packed lol.

I went on an "add-on" night a while back, maybe 2017. The crowds were very light, as expected, but there was also a noticeably less amount of scareactors, both in scare zones and houses. I figured this would be the case as well, with the cast having prior commitments, scheduling conflicts, contracts, etc. Still a fantastic time, but keep that in mind if you go that Monday. Who knows, maybe this year it will be packed lol.
There were definitely horror stories last year of casts like Scary Tales having about 7 performers that night due to the rest going out and enjoying the night in the park.

Casting is being a lot more stringent with stuff like that happening this year. There will definitely be gaps, but scareactors are being more compelled to actually come in to work this year than they were in the past.

There were definitely horror stories last year of casts like Scary Tales having about 7 performers that night due to the rest going out and enjoying the night in the park.

Casting is being a lot more stringent with stuff like that happening this year. There will definitely be gaps, but scareactors are being more compelled to actually come in to work this year than they were in the past.
I miss the days where scareactors could just get out of their costumes between sets, run out into the park for a bit, back door a house, then get on set with no issues.

That was the best.

I miss the days where scareactors could just get out of their costumes between sets, run out into the park for a bit, back door a house, then get on set with no issues.

That was the best.
Not exactly as privileged as this experience sounds, but my good friend in Halloween 4 last year was able to come out of the side door of Shrek and say hi to me in line in between sets. The only costume piece he didn’t have to change out of was his trucker hat because of how generic it was.

Adding onto this, the reserves were told this:
  • Showing up on this night can cover any segment of the event. Basically, the schedule is divided in a beginning-middle-end days fashion and there’s a required amount of days in each. For example, the beginning of the event up until this coming up weekend serves as the first segment, and you have to work five days in that period. They know that no one will want to come to that extra night, so they offer that for if you happen to miss or want to miss a night in any of the other slots across the whole schedule.
  • Going to this night also guarantees easy access to the annual scareactor patch. Jake hasn’t gotten ‘17 or ‘18, but he’s looking forward to starting with ‘19.

Since @itsabee asked, I'm trying to find the rest.

Official/final codenames:

Nightingales - Discus
Stranger Things - Surfing
Monsters - Football

So out of curiosity, were the "original" codenames, like "Hysteria" being Ghostbusters and "Onyx" being Uni Monsters ever official from Uni or was that fake stuff put out?

Don't know if it was discussed, but I did the UTH tour and the codename for Vanity Ball was "Red Card." Apparently the team that pitched it figured that the execs and legal would or should "throw a red card" and tone down the zone, but it never happened and this was largely unchanged from the pitch.

Edit:
Tone down or nix the zone

Last edited:
Don't know if it was discussed, but I did the UTH tour and the codename for Vanity Ball was "Red Card." Apparently the team that pitched it figured that the execs and legal would or should "throw a red card" and tone down the zone, but it never happened and this was largely unchanged from the pitch.
I’m sorry, what. I love Vanity Ball, and it’s definitely the goriest zone this year (oof), but I don’t think you could tone that down for an HHN event if you tried. Plastic surgery SCAREzone without gore? So what’s left? Just the freaky lip injections and cheekbones???

This is the first I've ever heard of a scarezone codename.

This is the first I've ever heard of a scarezone codename.

That's what our guide said :shrug:

I thought it was odd too, but I figured those were just generally thrown around a lot less internally which is why we didn't really hear them.