Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of all 4 rumored lands, which ones are we all most anticipated for? I think for me its Fantastic Beasts, they've never proven us wrong with the Potter world and I expect nothing less here for EU. How about everyone else? I think for Nintendo I've known what to expect for so long my excitement just can't be matched haha.

Out of all 4 rumored lands, which ones are we all most anticipated for? I think for me its Fantastic Beasts, they've never proven us wrong with the Potter world and I expect nothing less here for EU. How about everyone else? I think for Nintendo I've known what to expect for so long my excitement just can't be matched haha.

1) Nintendo
2) HTTYD
3) Monsters
4) Potter

I think SNW ranks last for me for hype, because we already know so much about the land.

I'm ranking these in order for what I want to see/hear more about...
1) Potter
2) Classic Monsters
3) HTTYD
4) SNW

Once it's open though, SNW might be my favorite.

I think SNW ranks last for me for hype, because we already know so much about the land.

I'm ranking these in order for what I want to see/hear more about...
1) Potter
2) Classic Monsters
3) HTTYD
4) SNW

Once it's open though, SNW might be my favorite.
Ya this is pretty much exactly what my ranking is and thought process is haha. Im so curious what they're going to do with Potter and Monsters. SNW we already have somewhat seen and HTTYD I haven't even seen the films yet so idk what they could do.

1) Dragons
2) Dragons
3) Dragons
4) Dragons

1. Potter
2. Monsters
3. Nintendo
4. Hub
5. Dragons (fifth only because probably half,or more, the attractions in the land will be geared to young kids)

1. The Universal Monsters - For the last few years I have been asking people what they would like to see in a new Uni park, this almost always is among the first ideas, I just hope they don't feel like they need to make it too scary, the classic films don't really read as Horror Movies to most modern audiences and I hope the land understands that.

2. How to Train Your Dragon - I saw the first film years ago and enjoyed it but never got around to the sequels. It does feel like a bit of an odd choice for a whole land, when I tell people it is getting one it has been almost universally "What's that?", but the concept of Funny Vikings Who Ride Dragons is simple enough that it should work. The idea that it will have a lot of attractions is very exciting.

3. Mario - Would probably be number one if it wasn't opening in two other parks years earlier, I still maintain that it's a little odd that three Mario spin-offs are getting rides but there is not a main Super Mario Bros ride. Still this land looks great and I will be glad if we get the Donkey Kong Country section before anyone else.

4. Hub - As someone who generally doesn't do much eating or any shopping in park, sections like Main Street and Port of Entry are basically nice decorations that I walk by, but it is interesting to see how they make this work in a park that is otherwise divided into 4 highly themed one IP lands, the idea of rides in here is appealing but risks coming across as feeling like generic space fillers.

5. Wizarding World - I adore Harry Potter, in a couple weeks I will mark 20 years of Harry Potter being a part of my life, few things have exploded my brain with excitement like in 2007 (The Summer of Potter!) when it was announced that My Favorite Story was coming to My Favorite Park, I get emotional when I enter the two existing lands, I should be overjoyed for more, but Fantastic Beasts sucks so much that a land around it and it's characters actually makes me less excited about the whole park.

It's really all about the Classic Monsters for me. Seeing those characters really get their due in a theme park has been a wish of mine since childhood.

I'm confident Nintendo will be very good, but I'm moderately skeptical about what HTTYD (particularly) and Fantastic Beasts are going to have on offer. I can easily envision a scenario where the attractions in those lands underwhelm me (I can also envision scenarios where I'm pleased by the attractions, of course).

I'm guessing the Potter area will be more of a crossover and combination of Beasts and Potter mainline characters and locations than a pure Beasts land. To do so would be a more solid business plan and have less backlash risk. That would guarantee that it doesn't get a Batuu type reception from the fan base & theme park regular guests. Universal will surely learn and profit from the negatives of GESWL.

I'm guessing the Potter area will be more of a crossover and combination of Beasts and Potter mainline characters and locations than a pure Beasts land. To do so would be a more solid business plan and have less backlash risk. That would guarantee that it doesn't get a Batuu type reception from the fan base & theme park regular guests. Universal will surely learn and profit from the negatives of GESWL.
I believe that good rides are more powerful than brand awareness, and I’m looking forward to new innovative ride systems for FB...

As of now, everything I’ve heard leaves me to believe it will strictly be a Beasts land.

Fantastic Beast just screams theme park to me. Remember, Splash Mountain is based off a terrible IP and we got the best boat ride anywhere (or one of at least). The concern over FB is laughable to me. If its the same Universal Creative that did FJ, Hogsmeade, Diagon Alley, Gringotts, Hogwarts Express, and now Hagrid's, I have the utmost faith in them handling this property. Remember, JK still has her fingerprints over this and its her films. Not that the books weren't hers, either, but still. Its her current property at the very least. Films will still be coming out when this opens, I expect this to be huge honestly and the closest to SNW in terms of immersion and high quality, groundbreaking attractions.

All just my own speculation of course :) Wizarding World of Fantastic Beasts could just be another Supercharged.

This is what I have been thinking since the beginning. Potter is a golden goose, and it's important for Universal to incorporate the mainline characters. And even if it is planned to be purely FB, the (potential) failure of Batuu could cause creative teams to reconsider.

FB land also won’t have similiar issues to Batuu because they’re openings are totally different. Batuu was added to already existing and functional parks, while FB will be part of an entire new theme park. I feel judging them at opening is rather difficult because of that. As someone else mentioned, I think the struggle with Batuu is more the staggered opening and scaring people away rather than issues with the land itself. I expect the only mention/connection to Potter main is Dumbledore.

I do think there is a huge difference between building something based off a property audiences don't know or are indifferent to and one that they actively dislike. It's a much bigger hurdle to overcome but it can be done. I dislike Michael Bay's Transformers films but I really like the ride, but it's just one ride which I think makes a big difference, if I had to go through a full Michael Bay Transformers land. where that aesthetic was applied to everything around me as I walked around, and the characters and music were all over every shop and restaurant, I'd probably be unhappy and I think my enjoyment of the ride would go down. I don't even have that much of a problem with those movies because Transformers as a whole doesn't matter to me, but no one enjoys being surround by something they don't like.

Universal can absolutely make a great Fantastic Beasts ride (They shouldn't include Johnny Depp and should probably avoid Ezra Miller's whole character) it can be done, but I remain unconvinced that they can put me in a full land based off the worst part of one of my favorite things and not bum me out, where the thrill of "I'm standing where Harry once stood" is replaced with "I'm standing where it was revealed that the cool snake is actually a sad circus performer" and not have me wanting to just go back to Diagon Alley instead.

Let me be clear, I hope I'm wrong, I hope I love this land, I hope I love Fantastic Beasts 3: We're Sorry About The Last One, I hope Epic Universe is the best Theme Park ever built. I totally understand why Universal added FB to the plan, Potter has been so great to them but every addition since Phase One has come with dealing with the hurdles of the films being over and the cast ageing out, moving on, and dying. That a whole new series of Wizarding World movies written by Rowling herself that would be in production throughout construction of the park must have seemed like a godsend to Universal, but I am still shocked that after seeing the films, especially the second, and the audience reaction to them, they still thought "Yes lets give this a quarter of our new park, that's what the people are demanding!"

Gah I'm so negative.

I love Universal, I love Harry Potter, I can't wait for Epic Universe, powers that be please prove me wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.