Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion

The thing that excited me the most is it seems like SNW in Osaka is opening next spring. I expected late summer right around Olympic time. Cant believe we'll get to see Mario Kart within the year, after all the waiting!!! When was it first announced that Nintendo and Universal had partnered? I remember reading it on the Orlando Informer forums, back in the day haha.
I’m waiting until I ride it myself in Hollywood because I can’t wait for the dragging feet in Orlando. I’m going to be on a blackout of SNW stuff until then. I guess if it’s opening around spring New Years might be a good time to unfollow all Nintendo related threads.

I’m waiting until I ride it myself in Hollywood because I can’t wait for the dragging feet in Orlando. I’m going to be on a blackout of SNW stuff until then. I guess if it’s opening around spring New Years might be a good time to unfollow all Nintendo related threads.
I tend to only vacation to Orlando (hell, might even move to Orlando within the year) so I just can't wait until 2023 to see how things look haha. I happen to be at UOR this week, but when Hagrid first opened I wasn't sure id be able to get down here soon. So I watched 1 POV and never watched again. Just need something to satisfy me :)

Think we have another "Endless Summer Resort" situation on our hands?
I'm not sure what exactly you mean by "another Endless Summer Resort situation", but I do think that the new hotels will have some features in common with the endless summer resorts.

With flights being so cheap to Osaka from where I am, I guess I will be one of the few people there when it opens in Osaka.

I'm not sure what exactly you mean by "another Endless Summer Resort situation", but I do think that the new hotels will have some features in common with the endless summer resorts.

What i meant was Universal building another duel set of value hotels that share the same theming. That's just what came to my mind when i heard about the additional 750-room hotels.

What i meant was Universal building another duel set of value hotels that share the same theming. That's just what came to my mind when i heard about the additional 750-room hotels.
I don't think that's likely. I think the shared Endless Summer theme is primarily a product of having two adjacent parcels where they wanted to create a sense of cohesive design because the hotels physically dominate their surroundings and would otherwise look way out of place.

:thumbsup:
I wish you would tell us which parcels these hotels are going to be built on.

I don't think that's likely. I think the shared Endless Summer theme is primarily a product of having two adjacent parcels where they wanted to create a sense of cohesive design because the hotels physically dominate their surroundings and would otherwise look way out of place.

I wish you would tell us which parcels these hotels are going to be built on.

I'd imagine the ones directly to the south of the new park

Themed to theme park ip hotels would be a new route to go to for Universal. Why would they change their current winning streak?
They actually have a blue sky concept and conceptual artwork for a Dreamworks themed hotel with a Madagascar themed pool area. Soooo, ready to go if they choose that route.

I'm going with one Nintendo themed resort and one DreamWorks themed resort. Both having a mix of regular rooms and family suites.

Oh that would be great! If that happened and they were close enough to the park, it would be interesting to see how the hotels would fit into SNW and HTTYD's skylines, respectively. Similar to how the Grand Californian blends into the landscape of Grizzly Peak.

I don't think Luigi thinks it's a good idea either.....

Nice reference, dude. :rimshot:

Love the idea of both!! I know they’re likely waiting for EU, but really hoping Dreamworks starts being incorporated a little bit more throughout the parks. I wonder if these would also have a special entrance to EU. Maybe not like the already announced hotel, but like the entrance right past the Hard Rock or something

They’ve had themed rooms at Royal Pacific forever. Minions, Jurassic World, etc..

At *very* least, there’s been rumblings of Nintendo being featured in a new hotel for the south campus. Whether that means a fully fledged colorful fully decked out Legoland or Art of Animation style hotel, or just a nice Loews hotel with themed suites like Royal Pacific, remains to be seen.

View attachment 10983

Universal Orlando unveils new Jurassic World Kids’ Suites at Loews Royal Pacific Resort – Inside Universal

I think this is more likely than a full-on IP themed hotel