Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion | Page 32 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm sure the hotel will carry over some aesthetic from the parks, but the theming will be more implied like with the new Dali themed hotel that Disney just opened

That seems to be Universal's thing recently...Clean, fresh, light theming aesthetic, but modern and not gaudy

Yeah themed rooms for kids will be a given, they already do that, but no themed hotel or overly themed rooms like Lego has. I thought I read on this site that the general guest Universal is focusing on is one who like light theming. There is also a problem when a wrecking ball goes trough an ip land and you also need to redo a complete hotel.

Reactions: shiekra38
I'm sure the hotel will carry over some aesthetic from the parks, but the theming will be more implied like with the new Dali themed hotel that Disney just opened

That seems to be Universal's thing recently...Clean, fresh, light theming aesthetic, but modern and not gaudy

I think that's what I'd like out of these hotels. If they're gonna use IP from the parks, I'd like it to be more architecturally inspired by the worlds rather than going full-on like Legoland does. For Nintendo, i'd like to see a deluxe hotel that takes cue from Princess Peach's castle but looks similar to say, The Grand Floridian. I think you give that task to the right designers and you could have something really special on your hands.

I think that's what I'd like out of these hotels. If they're gonna use IP from the parks, I'd like it to be more architecturally inspired by the worlds rather than going full-on like Legoland does. For Nintendo, i'd like to see a deluxe hotel that takes cue from Princess Peach's castle but looks similar to say, The Grand Floridian. I think you give that task to the right designers and you could have something really special on your hands.
Yep, the cheesy overly crazy hotels are very 90's and I think the parks have moved on from that. I really think there is something to be said about having a visual break from the 'theme park' look when you get back to your hotel. I think a hotel like Cabana Bay works very well in this sense, it provides a unique theme that most hotels do not, but it isn't so over the top that it becomes distracting.

Before someone brings up the Star Wars Hotel, that is a completely different ball game.

Reactions: JungleSkip
I could see a few things that could be "themed" hotels that connect to the park, but are not IPs.

A European-themed hotel could connect to classic monsters, or a Scandinavian/forest themed one could connect to HTTYD.

I would love something that was more rustic themed. Anything but another Beach theme.

Reactions: shiekra38
I could see a few things that could be "themed" hotels that connect to the park, but are not IPs.

A European-themed hotel could connect to classic monsters, or a Scandinavian/forest themed one could connect to HTTYD.

I would love something that was more rustic themed. Anything but another Beach theme.
Personally, I'm expecting something like Aria in Las Vegas

Alibi01.1506078141.2092.jpg

aria-nightlife-lobby-bar-sunflowers.tif

3be6dbef7aacb43e013e54fabda6eac5.jpg

ARIA-lobby.jpg

You can have a "themed" hotel room that still classy....as seen at one of the USJ official hotels with Snoopy

d218b420a46d1d251a9dd302b39853ea.jpg

Then of course you have the gaudy and cartoony..
slide_2_1.jpg

Just depends on which way they want to go.
I feel as if that giant teddy bear is bouta get up, grab me, and toss me out of the room. No thanks.

I can't imagine we can't any confirmation of IPs until at least 2021, if not 2022. SNW is opening in Hollywood in 2021, they won't want to take the spotlight away from it. They've also now publicly stated that they know SNW is coming to Orlando but won't specify when/where, nor are they going to do that with other IPs. I bet we get hotel confirmations, more road construction updates, a picture with UC and the EU site going vertical, and maybe a confirmation of SNW and DK coaster coming to Orlando. Other than leaks or anything our insiders provide us, I doubt we hear much else regarding EU until a 2 years prior to opening. Im also going under the assumption EU opens in 2023.

After all the GESWL marketing and early release of info issues turning into such a negative attendance result, I'd guess that reinforces Universal's decisions to avoid their pre Hogsmeade opening issues by keeping everything close to the vest until they deem it necessary to release specific info.

Can someone explain to me the pre Hogsmeade drop in attendance? I'm not sure of the timeline of when UOR announced Potter, compared to when it opened.

Can someone explain to me the pre Hogsmeade drop in attendance? I'm not sure of the timeline of when UOR announced Potter, compared to when it opened.

Potter was announced 2007 and the parks were already in a bad spot, I want to say 6-7m a year? Year before Potter opened the parks saw another 1-2m drop before spiking around 8m in 201 after Potter opened. Next full year pushed higher and now both parks see 10m plus change each year in daily attendance (doesn’t include park buy outs and HHN).

Potter was announced 2007 and the parks were already in a bad spot, I want to say 6-7m a year? Year before Potter opened the parks saw another 1-2m drop before spiking around 8m in 201 after Potter opened. Next full year pushed higher and now both parks see 10m plus change each year in daily attendance (doesn’t include park buy outs and HHN).
Interesting, Potter truly did change this resort. Really interesting to follow for sure.

It changed the theme park industry in ways were still finding out now.
Yep, SWGE is an example of that. SNW is an example of that. Pandora is an example of that. Hell, EU is an example of it. I really only started theme parking around the time Hogsmeade opened with my fam, now am able to go with my boyfriend. Its so awesome watching Universal grow and change the industry the way they have over these years and it ain't stopping.

Yep, SWGE is an example of that. SNW is an example of that. Pandora is an example of that. Hell, EU is an example of it. I really only started theme parking around the time Hogsmeade opened with my fam, now am able to go with my boyfriend. Its so awesome watching Universal grow and change the industry the way they have over these years and it ain't stopping.

Lest we forget Disney’s game plan at that point was the orlando parks are mature and building more rides for capacity and attendance wasn’t required. Instead they’d focus on Scene 1 (interactive queues), MDX/MagicBands interaction, and meet and greets.

Lest we forget Disney’s game plan at that point was the orlando parks are mature and building more rides for capacity and attendance wasn’t required. Instead they’d focus on Scene 1 (interactive queues), MDX/MagicBands interaction, and meet and greets.
Yep, so they're scrambling a bit. But now that Disney has invested, they're losing money on at least one coast here in the US. Im not worried about their future, but I do think future investments from Disney are going to be much more spread out... Man I just love UOR and what they're doing. Not afraid to push boundaries and put some competition in Orlando. Makes it healthy for all of us!

To bring it back to the topic of news..well, NDA's are going as far to the OUC.

(From Gabrielle Russon via OS)
It's a tricky situation when it comes to non-disclosure and a city run entity. First, I don't blame Universal for making people sign something. Second, I feel there is very little they could do in terms of lawsuits if someone were to spill the beans.