Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion | Page 208 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I am hoping they continue having the Universal Monsters themed mazes in the future. This year and last, both iterations have been my favorites. There are so many possibilities and directions they could go with it.

Reactions: GhostHost85
I am hoping they continue having the Universal Monsters themed mazes in the future. This year and last, both iterations have been my favorites. There are so many possibilities and directions they could go with it.
Same, I really hope they keep going if they can keep the quality up like they have, I really wouldn't mind seeing one of these each year. So many ways they could go next year, but a few of the ones I'd personally like to see would be Dracula Meets The Mummy, The Phantom Meets The Hunchback, or a solo Creature from the Black Lagoon maze.

C825A5A9-EFFF-431D-953A-131C01E74E6D.png
This should be very interesting. I wish they could play these show's every night rather only on Thursdays as it would lighten up crowds, but since it’s in such a small area it would be extremely packed. Hopefully the Beetlejuice/chucky shows come back next year...‍

Reactions: Spookies n' Stuff
Remember that the 80s entertainment is meant to draw crowds to the typically quiet Thursdays. We'll see if that works.

I've tried to do the survey twice and it always stops me after I put in "male" for gender, at 30ish%. What's going on here?! I wanna see the rest!

If they can use BJ in that context this year, Beetlejuice house next year?

I wonder if they're actually testing the water, seeing if the HHN crowd would want to see Beetlejuice in the event. In the end though, I guess this is actually a big positive for WB going forward, if they're allowing Beetlejuice to appear for the Halloween event now.

This is my guess, but keep in mind Universal already had creative control over Beetlejuice in theme park settings. It may (or may not) be indicative of a larger shift in the Warner Bros vs Universal haunt debacle.

Beetlejuice would be fantastic, anything Tim Burton really. Sleepy Hollow is my number one I'd love to see (although while successful at the time, I'm not sure if there's an audience for that film these days), but Beetlejuice would probably be next in line. If they can pull an original maze out of him, that'd be insane and lines would be massive. Same with Guillermo Del Toro, I remember thinking that'd for sure happen after Crimson Peak, but nothing ever came of it.

Opening up to WB would set us up for an amazing lineup next year. Conjuring, Annabelle, The Nun could each get their own house, as redundant as that may seem, but they're each successful as their own entities. IT is the next obvious one, plus getting Jason and Freddy back. I really hope they try to strike the TCM remake again one of these days, as I truly believe it was the overall tone of that property that made Back in Business the best maze in history. It's been quite awhile and I'd love to see what they can do with it now. The aesthetic of the original only works so many times. As great as Arkham Asylum would be, I don't see Uni doing it -- just seems a bit off-brand and like copying WB's event.

Reactions: Horror Lover
Oh God, a Beetlejuice/Goosebumps year is gonna result in some insufferable "Horror Nights is a baby event" comments /s

If we're still on the topic of WB, I could totally see them do Arkham Asylum with "Scarecrow hallucinations" as the requisite black wall areas, where there's a big few nightmare scene (Morgue, alleyway, Batman on the gurney and in the prison) and Dr. Crane scaring in between. Then just throw in Mr. Zsasz, Batman scares and Joker and call it a day.

IT, Doctor Sleep, Salem's Lot, and the Conjuring universe are also rich veins to tap. So is Tales from the Crypt (ahhhhh!!!).

^Would love to see It, Conjuring, Arkham, and Beetlejuice at the event, but please no to Freddy and Jason. Those IPs have been run to the ground already.

I love Freddy and Jason but I agree here.. we've seen those characters so many times and done every single possible way.. original 80's version, remakes, FvJ, Titans of Terror crossover with Leatherface, Tram crossover with Leatherface and Chucky.. You might as well go full TWD and make them part of the daytime USH park while you're at it.. MAYBE in a few more years once enough time has passed from FvJ and Titans, but not anytime soon..

Reactions: Freak
^Would love to see It, Conjuring, Arkham, and Beetlejuice at the event, but please no to Freddy and Jason. Those IPs have been run to the ground already.

Personally going to say, it won't shock me if Orlando and Hollywood bring back the New Line Trio in a Titans of Terror (even if it'd be a second round for Hollywood again) level Maze, as I suspect that like for 25, Orlando would try to get the big slashers back in a meaningful way.

IMHO, if WB gets more footing in at HHN next year, I will not be shocked in the slightest if they try to get Conjuring (because of Conjuring 3) and/or IT for the event.

__

Excited about tomorrow, personally; I somewhat hope that Chucky is somewhat going to be a toned down version of Insult Emporium (especially if they find the right actor).

As a big fan of the classic slashers, I would not complain if they come back. If they come back next year, it will be 3 years since they were last at the event. It is definitely preferable to have iconic characters over something based on whatever crap Blumhouse cranked out that year.

Of course, I also want more original mazes, and I hope we at least have 2 original mazes each year from now on out.

As far as Conjuring Universe stuff goes, I think the best course for a first maze is adapting Annabelle Comes Home since that movie already felt very much like a haunted maze in movie form. There were a good variety of characters and scenes in that movie that they could use for the maze.

Reactions: DTH