Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion

It's a tricky situation when it comes to non-disclosure and a city run entity. First, I don't blame Universal for making people sign something. Second, I feel there is very little they could do in terms of lawsuits if someone were to spill the beans.
and then there's the stuff that's public information rights....but that takes good journalists....and there's not many of them left. The new, underpaid, journalists breed are kids just out of college that rely on twitter and other social media for their research. Lazy journalism.

and then there's the stuff that's public information rights....but that takes good journalists....and there's not many of them left. The new, underpaid, journalists breed are kids just out of college that rely on twitter and other social media for their research. Lazy journalism.
Why do research when stuff people say on forums is newzzzz!???

To bring it back to the topic of news..well, NDA's are going as far to the OUC.

(From Gabrielle Russon via OS)

In my opinion this shouldn't even be a story.

Florida does have a very open public records law, but any official public record requests are likely to be carefully reviewed by legal counsel and the article mentions that most of Universal's trade secrets would have protection under Florida's Sunshine Law. The purpose of these NDA's wasn't to hide from the Sunshine Law, but to make clear to the employees that they are working with confidential information and that they can't be openly sharing it with friends or news media. Just because someone is a public employee doesn't mean that they are allowed to immediately share and make public any information that comes across their desk.

I mean we all knew what the lands were gonna be before they were even shown in the concept art, plus the leaked Nintendo Models. Which of course, may not end up being true. Based on construction in Osaka and the concept art from Universal it looks accurate. Incredible lol

In my opinion this shouldn't even be a story.

Florida does have a very open public records law, but any official public record requests are likely to be carefully reviewed by legal counsel and the article mentions that most of Universal's trade secrets would have protection under Florida's Sunshine Law. The purpose of these NDA's wasn't to hide from the Sunshine Law, but to make clear to the employees that they are working with confidential information and that they can't be openly sharing it with friends or news media. Just because someone is a public employee doesn't mean that they are allowed to immediately share and make public any information that comes across their desk.
I agree completely, it is simply trying to send a message to the people involved that they are working with a very secretive project.

So. I was thinking a Mack powered invert would be perfect for HTTYD, and THEN I found out about Motiongate Dubai's ride. :lol:

(It would've also been a great replacement for the Arabian section of LC--I really wish the Greek section could stay because I love PF, it's such a criminally underrated attraction.)

Last edited:
So. I was thinking a Mack powered invert would be perfect for HTTYD, and THEN I found out about Motiongate Dubai's ride. :lol:

(It would've also been a great replacement for the Arabian section of LC--I really wish the Greek section could stay because I love PF, it's such a criminally underrated attraction.)
That ride does look cool. However, this type of post is likely a better fit for the wish list/speculation thread.

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 66 | Inside Universal Forums

There don't appear to be any super surprising details in the official documents filed today for the property sale. There are 2 things worth noting, however:
1. The sale included development/land use rights to build about 5000 hotel rooms, which Universal needed and will very likely use.
2. Around 7 acres of the eastern parcel are under power line easements that could significantly hamper Universal's ability to develop that area.

T9Eb6ZL.jpg

Final Map of Universal Epic Universe land site. This should be it for land purchases, there's no more sizeable plots near the main resort proper. I coded the wetlands with a different color since most of that won't be usable (maybe a portion in the south will be attached to the Rosen Shingle Creek golf course eventually as some kind of golf resort, but that's about it).

Universal got a pretty good price ($48 million on the final 2 parcels of 56 acres) for waiting as long as they did to purchase them. These were basically the last sizeable lots left near the Epic Universe main plot of land and they fit in perfectly to Universal's hotel strategy (i.e. put the majority of the hotel rooms west of the Kirkman Extension).

I expect around 5000+ hotel rooms west of Kirkman Extension with around 3000+ to the East when the resort is fully built out...

As we’re looking from above, is the entrance to the park on the right side? Just trying to think of the full perspective here. Shows how much Universal is growing over there and really taking over

As we’re looking from above, is the entrance to the park on the right side? Just trying to think of the full perspective here. Shows how much Universal is growing over there and really taking over
The road where the entrance will be is not pictured here. It will connect between the Kirkman expansion, in orange, to Destination Parkway, over by the green wetlands.

Yes, the park entrance will be on the right of the giant purple blob, sorta, if that's what you mean.

Skeptical me is skeptical.

The tariffs have been around for a while now, especially before the announcement. They could all go away in a little over a year should someone else win the presidency. I just doubt this report quite a bit.
As an American machinist and also from a area with two big time steel plants in Northeast Arkansas my feelings aren't hurt.

jScJwE1.jpg

This is basically what the internal roads system will look like initially. There'll be an east-west "Universal Way" that connects to the Kirkman Extension and Destination Parkway. The giant gray blob on the right will be the surface parking lot. And the area to the west of that will be the theme park.