Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Epcot (General Discussion)

As an added gesture, the fountain will also be filled with the blood of the Dreamfinder and old mortars from IllumiNations

Yep, when Epcot actually meant something. :grin:

Good god, enough with the snarky comments and the endless cynicism! Every other thread i follow is mostly positive, yet something about EPCOT seems to bring the annoyingly critical side out of people.

Just a joke. My criticisms of Epcot come from Disney's avoidance of adding new attractions, which thankfully is finally happening.

No problem, we're cool. Wasn't trying to throw you under the bus or anything. Just become sick of whiny, narcissistic fanboys since dealing with them for half a decade.

Which, for the record, you are not one of them. You seem like a nice guy. Also i totally agree with you on the attractions thing.

Good god, enough with the snarky comments and the endless cynicism! Every other thread i follow is mostly positive, yet something about EPCOT seems to bring the annoyingly critical side out of people.
Epcot is always fun to poke fun of because it's Disney's red headed step child and they have no idea what to do with it. It also has a very loyal fanbase that will never get what they want ever again. The juxtaposition of Disney trying simultaneously make Epcot better and not piss off the fanbase leads to hilarious results that are easy to make fun of. It's a very unique situation in the theme park industry.

Saving the water from an old fountain to put in a new fountain is just bizarre enough to be hilarious if you really take a step back and think about it.

It’s just stupid names, which Disney is famous for.

I’m much more interested in how the area will feel rather than focusing on things like the name of the fountain or the glowing-Tree.

Exactly, i feel the same way. No matter what they call it or how many times they use the word "story" or "dreams", it's what these new additions bring to the table that will be remembered and honestly, World Celebration seems to be a major improvement over it's drab, concrete, overly 90's predecessor.

Epcot CMs got to look inside the "Epcot Experience" preview center today, and it seems like a surprisingly high-quality exhibit. Projection mapping all over the big model that was on display at D23, plus some big wraparound screens with other video content.

And some merch.

Epcot CMs got to look inside the "Epcot Experience" preview center today, and it seems like a surprisingly high-quality exhibit. Projection mapping all over the big model that was on display at D23, plus some big wraparound screens with other video content.

And some merch.

Where’s this at again?

And some merch.

The projection mapping on the model is just too cool...Why don't they update some WS displays to be like this?