Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hotel Recommendations Near Universal

Jan 4, 2011
Vero Beach FL
I would love to hear everyone's thoughts on the best hotel close to Universal but not on Universal property. Really hoping to find a good spot to lock into for repeat visits that doesn't break the bank but still in good shape. The lower the price the better!

I would love to hear everyone's thoughts on the best hotel close to Universal but not on Universal property. Really hoping to find a good spot to lock into for repeat visits that doesn't break the bank but still in good shape. The lower the price the better!

Surfside. Take advantage of the Busses and early entry.

If you go much cheaper, you're either sacrificing location and/or quality... and significantly so.

I enjoy the DoubleTree to the east of property and the Hilton Garden Inn on North I Drive. But compare those rates and amenities to the ones at Surfside, I think you might be surprised how cheap that hotel can get.

I just vacationed for a few days at Surfside, highly recommend it for both price, value, and convinience to the parks. Highly highly recommend as I think until I earn a little more $, thats our spot from now on. Staying again at Surfside for a week next April. I found the staff to be very helpful and personable as well. Nice to recognize some faces when you're back at your hotel at night.

Definitely need to recommend The Point. It's right near Surfside, and depending on the weekend, you could find rooms for under $100. The pool, bar and hot tub are great.

It's a bit rundown, but the Best Western Orlando Gateway is next door to The Point and is also an afffordable option, so long as your intent is to just crash there and not spend free time hanging around.

This is more for convention goers, but Sonesta Es has a good free hot breakfast. Plus, they have suites and are across the street from I-Drive 360. Free shuttle to Universal as well.

Each year for the past five years I've stayed at the Rosen Inn International. I love staying here. It is comfortable and very affordable. Room rates can include their breakfast buffet or you can get it on your own. The rooms all have a mini fridge and microwave. Parking is free and plentiful. There are several other Rosen properties but I have enjoyed this one so much I've never tried the others. It is on the corner of International Dr and Sand Lake Rd. There are tons of restaurants nearby. Publix and Whole Foods are just down the road. They also have two pools and other amenities.

If I was stay off site, I'd probably be staying at the Drury Inn. Always has good reviews, free shuttle to Universal, close to restaurant row, free breakfast, free snacks and drinks in the evening.

Each year for the past five years I've stayed at the Rosen Inn International. I love staying here. It is comfortable and very affordable. Room rates can include their breakfast buffet or you can get it on your own. The rooms all have a mini fridge and microwave. Parking is free and plentiful. There are several other Rosen properties but I have enjoyed this one so much I've never tried the others. It is on the corner of International Dr and Sand Lake Rd. There are tons of restaurants nearby. Publix and Whole Foods are just down the road. They also have two pools and other amenities.
I have stayed there. It's ok, nothing special imo.

If I was stay off site, I'd probably be staying at the Drury Inn. Always has good reviews, free shuttle to Universal, close to restaurant row, free breakfast, free snacks and drinks in the evening.

Drury is my first choice. I am finding it's rates are about a value on property

I have stayed there. It's ok, nothing special imo.

Drury is my first choice. I am finding it's rates are about a value on property

I'm finding the rates slightly cheaper than Dockside and Surfside plus free parking and breakfast etc.

Is this a real thing?

univeral partner.PNG

I'm finding it odd that Universal would offer discounts to Partner Hotels and not the resorts on site unless I've been seriously missing out.

I'm finding the rates slightly cheaper than Dockside and Surfside plus free parking and breakfast etc.

Is this a real thing?

View attachment 11588

I'm finding it odd that Universal would offer discounts to Partner Hotels and not the resorts on site unless I've been seriously missing out.
Depending on time of year it can be. Prlme time they are sapphire falls pricing. Shuttle is good too.