Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Iron Gwazi (General Discussion)

It's a name people. In 5 years (or less), most of us wont'a give a s$#%. I mean, Cheetah Hunt will still be the worst named coaster in the park, even after 9 years (and beyond). Iron Gwazi pays tribute to the old ride, while also noting it's conversion in the name so it will "help" people realize it's not the same coaster (those that aren't coaster nerds). It could be called "RMC Gwazi" or "Steel Added To Gwazi" and it will still be a great ride. With that said, yes another name would be nice, but why overly complain when we will finally have an awesome airtime-filled ride at BGT.

It's a name people. In 5 years (or less), most of us wont'a give a s$#%. I mean, Cheetah Hunt will still be the worst named coaster in the park, even after 9 years (and beyond). Iron Gwazi pays tribute to the old ride, while also noting it's conversion in the name so it will "help" people realize it's not the same coaster (those that aren't coaster nerds). It could be called "RMC Gwazi" or "Steel Added To Gwazi" and it will still be a great ride. With that said, yes another name would be nice, but why overly complain when we will finally have an awesome airtime-filled ride at BGT.
Turbo Gwazi

"Cheetah's Hunt" would've been much better, because for the longest time I thought it was implying that we were hunting for a cheetah. :lol:

1568939227108-png.6283

HYPED SCREAMING!

Wait, could the reason why the big gap between those 2 track segments isnt filled in yet is because the actual steel lift hill structure itself is going to support the track and hold the ledgers?

Judging by their bent assembly technique they could have that gap filled in a couple of afternoons if they wanted to. I imagine they’ll close the gap as the lift and drop and placed. Keep in mind they haven’t even poured footings for the bottom of the drop, so it could be one of the last things built.

Iron Gwazi sounds pretty cool to me. Reminds me of Iron Man/Iron Spider in a way, definitely a name suited for an upgraded and more intense ride.

Honestly I had no idea Gwazi meant Liger at all. It’s just a cool sounding African word to me and I assume most other people.

Nah it’ll be fully supported on the barrel roll drop with truss supports making up the lift. They’re provably doubling up the gap supports to carry the load for both the roll and a middle support column for the lift.