Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

ST topped out at an hour, I only saw Ghostbusters go to 45, back houses in that 30 - 35 range. Streets felt a little busier than wait times suggested, but nothing was ever impassable.

I think part of the problem with the streets is that virtually every zone but Anarchade has some sort of mini-shows. They draw a crowd. In some cases, thinking the porta-potties in Zombie Land, it ruins the scare. A&D in a tough situation here. Traditional zones no longer work, I think we all realize that now. And following the Psychoscarapy model is a great idea in theory (still the best zone ever). But NY street and Rodeo probably the only areas that can handle that sort of gawking crowd. I don't know what the solution is--zones made HHN what it is, don't want to see them go the way of Bill & Teds, but they were made for a different generation.

Interesting, saw both Danas on my run, but both library ghosts were missing. First scare dark, so I don't know that it was a cast change thing. Depths felt light on cast, too, with a couple obvious holes. On the flip side, saw more actors in GG than I have before.

Didn't get to experience PS Unleashed (think it would've been cooler if it had been New Year's Eve instead, to continue the story of Home for the Holidays, but whatever), but TrT and Chucky are examples of modern scarezones done right.

ST huge disappointment. Mike missing from first run, replaced br Max on last run, who was missing from earlier spot. No Dustin on bus all day

Lol that was the only house we didn't do tonight.

Big difference for us this time compared to opening weekend. Scares in the houses were times perfectly. Us and Ghostbusters even got me at some parts. AoV is definitely worth the watch as well.

We went the last two nights. Thursday was definitely more crowded than Wednesday, but still less crowded than the previous nights we attended this year.

We have done every house between 4-8 times now, and I think I have settled on the following ranking.

1. Universal Monsters
2. Yeti
3. Ghostbusters
4. House of 1000 Corpses
5. Graveyard Games
6. Killer Klowns
7. Us
8. Nightingales: Blood Pit
9. Depths of Terror
10. Stranger Things

Last edited:
Can someone confirm if the House glasses have been restocked? I read on another forum that they had sold out.
Thinking of going next weekend (Sunday) and wanted to pick up a Klowns and GB glass. Wondering if I should hit the stores first and try to snag them. Although I don't want to carry them around all night either.. just wasn't sure how high the demand was, and how often they restocked.

Based on what I'm thinking...may be best to head right at the entrance and start with Klowns, and walk counter clockwise, and save GB for last...I will be getting an express pass, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Any other tips?

Was there last night for our one and only trip. The crowds were definitely up from Wednesday but we still managed to do every house by 11 pm without express. We did do Simpsons stay and scream and we knocked out the whole back of the park by 7 pm.

Able to hit Ghostbusters, Monsters, Depth of Fear, & Graveyard twice.

We seemed to always be one step ahead of the crowds. Be constantly checking the app and go when the app says the wait is short because it does not stay that way long. Yeti was down to 20 mins at one point so we got there as quick as we could. Probably waited 15 mins and by the time we got out it was up to 70 and I believed it based on how the line looked.

The longest line we waited in all night was ST, listed at 65 we only waited 45.

ST was our biggest disappointment. We really enjoyed the house last year but this one seemed to suffer from the weight of doing both seasons. It was too much. Should of stuck to just season 2. We never saw Mike it the whole house and there was no one on the bus either.

As we were walking out my wife and I both commented on how less scary but more fun the houses were this year. Klowns, GB, & ST were not scary at all. Don’t think either of us so much as flinched in those but it was just fun to be in the movies.

The other houses, I don’t know if it was just bad timing in our part of the line, or that I know where to expect HHN scares at this point but very rarely did anyone really get me.

I wonder if next year bringing back a Freddy, or Jason would do this event good on the scared side simply because people would be entering the house with a fear of the character already.

One last thing. Us truly surprised my wife and I. In a great way! This was my least excited about house but man it was so well done and it was the scariest house for us. Again, might have just been our place in line but it was fantastic.

I wonder if next year bringing back a Freddy, or Jason would do this event good on the scared side simply because people would be entering the house with a fear of the character already.

Not if WB has anything to say.

I’m guessing that if H4 wasn’t off limits, then H5 could be on the table for next year to continue the pattern?

Every 30-45 minutes since they are on opposite casts.

okay, makes sense. I wasn’t sure exactly how that worked.

So, do they switch up the sound cues depending on the cast that’s in there? For example, if Mike is in Hopper’s Cabin, the Max “Holy S!@#” sound cue wouldn’t be playing, correct? Maybe they have separate triggers?

It's funny that rights issues for Freddy/Jason came up today. Still not sure I would expect them to return next year, but...

[Exclusive] U.S. Rights to 'A Nightmare on Elm Street' Have Reverted Back to Wes Craven's Estate - Bloody Disgusting

I'm expecting a sequel some time in the next three years with this news, possibly (probably) with Jason Blum producing. Could be something that shows up at the event, especially considering Freddy hasn't been around for a good few years now.

Damn this year is great! I honestly shouldn’t be surprised, but still am. There isn’t a single house I didn’t get a few scares in - yes even Ghostbusters. Scareactors are being aggressive. House design this year is incredible; no weakness there.

Best year for scarezones IMO; only weaker link is Zombieland (and still got two scares there). Hillbilly Deluxe is outrageously entertaining. And Marathon of Mayhem? Holy hell, amazing.

Think folks jumped the gun on opening weekend reviews because I’ve seen this event do a whole lot worse.