Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

With Star Wars I completely understand their decision to create their own place. Still, it feels like a missed opportunity to not do the temples of Naboo or the village from Tatooine

Ironically, the prequals had some pretty memorable locales now that I think about it haha
Dex's Diner!

With Star Wars I completely understand their decision to create their own place. Still, it feels like a missed opportunity to not do the temples of Naboo or the village from Tatooine

Ironically, the prequals had some pretty memorable locales now that I think about it haha

By going with known locations it could paper over cracks of the land. By going totally new they needed to stick every landing, instead they only landed some.

Blue Milk being disappointing isn’t the main fault but is exacerbated by RotR not being ready, shows cut, etc. Plus having a show for the land would offset the lack of RotR.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welp this thread has turned into another zone of doom like the Disneyland ones. Star Wars makes everyone so lovely.
SW fans are very passionate! lol

Coruscant would be a awesome planet to visit! They could make an area like "Tom Sawyer island". But instead of caves you explore, you get to explore the underbelly of the city. Have robots and little things going on in there. That would be so cool!

By going with known locations it could paper over cracks of the land. By going totally new they needed to land every maneuver and instead they only landed some.

Blue Milk being disappointing isn’t the main fault but is exacerbated by RotR not being ready, shows cut, etc. Plus having a show for the land would offset the lack of RotR.
I get it, they want to push forward with the new Disney trilogy...It makes sense

Buuuut, my mind can't help but wonder

Two questions regarding the land itself:

1. Are they even needing to use "boarding groups" or can you just come and go as you please?

2. Are you able to access the land from Toy Story, or is that strictly an exit?

I hope RotR will open eventually because Disney doesn't need another Rocket Rods.
So what could be the problem? The docking on the simulator of the drop element? Those element aren't that unique, right?

I haven’t actually heard anything except here to suggest Rise is going to need to be delayed. I’m still going with it Opening in December, hell or high water.
I take Disney news from this site with even more grains of salt than the usual amount I give rumors.

Remember, Guardians was definitely absolutely not happening in WDW according to here.

I haven’t actually heard anything except here to suggest Rise is going to need to be delayed. I’m still going with it Opening in December, hell or high water.

They can just have 4 CMs push the ride vehicles around, Captain Spaulding style.

Visited today for the first time. I thought overall the land is really good. I didn’t notice a lack of things to do in the land like many have mentioned here. And the details, and scenery, and atmosphere are right on par with Potter.

We tried both milks and we preferred the blue. As good as Butterbeer? No, but not awful. We’ll get it again. The Ronto wrap was good, and so was the moof juice.

The droid depot was so fun! We didn’t build one but we met R2D2 in the store and he moved around and interacted with people. Very fun. Saw a buuuunch of people with their custom droid boxes in the land so they are selling.

Smugglers run was ok. Not my fav, and if it was meant to be the main ride of the land that would be a problem, but it’s not so it’s a good complimentary ride.

The biggest compliant I have is that it’s hard to navigate because there are no signs. I get it you want it to be immersive but I even hard a difficult time finding the entrance to Smugglers Run! I mean I found the Falcon but the entrance took me a minute.

At some point theme park efficiency has to take over for theming.

Visited for the first and probably only time today. Rode SR first. Single rider queue and waited maybe 10 minutes. My wife and I ended up in the same cabin anyway and both got engineer.

The ride is really not fun. We both agreed that you can focus on the screen and enjoy the action, or focus on your role and miss what's going on. I have no idea what was going on because I kept checking to see what had lit up.

It was also quite frustrating when the gunner in front of me had buttons to hit, but wasn't paying attention. The only way I can see this being fun is with a group of 6.

Oga's was a waste of time. Ordered a Carbon Freeze which looked really cool, but was basically apple juice for $8. My wife really liked her mint tea thing though. The Themeing was decidedly meh. A Moroccan style bar with a robot and a few brightly lit wires.

Didn't really bother with the marketplace because we had FP for other rides so I have no thoughts on the land as a whole, just the ride and Oga's.

Visited for the first and probably only time today. Rode SR first. Single rider queue and waited maybe 10 minutes. My wife and I ended up in the same cabin anyway and both got engineer.

The ride is really not fun. We both agreed that you can focus on the screen and enjoy the action, or focus on your role and miss what's going on. I have no idea what was going on because I kept checking to see what had lit up.

It was also quite frustrating when the gunner in front of me had buttons to hit, but wasn't paying attention. The only way I can see this being fun is with a group of 6.

Oga's was a waste of time. Ordered a Carbon Freeze which looked really cool, but was basically apple juice for $8. My wife really liked her mint tea thing though. The Themeing was decidedly meh. A Moroccan style bar with a robot and a few brightly lit wires.

Didn't really bother with the marketplace because we had FP for other rides so I have no thoughts on the land as a whole, just the ride and Oga's.
Weird thing to say when one ride isn’t open yet.