Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

TRON Lightcycle Run

I can't imagine that's just going to be a dark, unthemed tunnel. I would expect something of visual interest in there, even if it's basic.

Line the walls with fiber optics and pump in the Daft Punk TRON: LEGACY score.
I would have expected the concrete overpass to have received some sort of theming as well, but for almost 50 years the WDW Railroad has just passed under a generic concrete bridge. I'm setting expectations low...

That's true, they could put some TRON-esque lighting in there, paint the walls blue and maybe pump daft punk like you said. Not a lot, but better than nothing. And honestly it'll probably be better than what was there before because before it was nothing :lol:
I mentioned this on Magic today, but I could see them giving us a Hollywood tram tour-style video, with lightcycles racing us through the tunnel. No stops or crazy effects, just projections on either side of the Grid.

The canopy will be the most time consuming and expensive part of this project. The show building for this ride looks terrible from Storybook Circus... hope there’s a plan to fix that with a berm or something.

Why change the name? Thought it was Tron Lightcycle Power Run?
They probably felt the original name was too clunky (which it was). Tron Lightcycle Run isn’t great, but it’s better than having Power in there for no reason.