Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I get that (correct me if I’m wrong) they tested dan enthusiasm with selling fb wands/merch but all potterheads I know aren’t wild about it...

I absolutely believe there could be great attractions "inspired" by what was seen in the FANTASTIC BEASTS movies and/or the cinematic Wizarding World, more broadly.

My concern (which is really too strong a word) with that land is more about the prospect of Universal retreading what they've already done with the existing Potter rides.

My guess for the lands honestly is:
FBAWTFT:
Brittish Ministry of Magic (similar to how kong is a mini land with a giant queue and ride), it also would feel odd for them to do multi lands for other worlds but not for Wizarding world
Wizarding France

UCM World:
Dracula’s Villaige
Frankenstein’s Villaige
(To me it looks like one initial Villaige, Frankenstein’s assumablt, than a hill like incline up to the windmill and a second land to the right [take note of the houseish buildings on the far right of the second level making me feel it’s an area to walk and shop], with the individual land guesses being based on the primary attraction of each assumably)

Celesital gardens:
-itself
-Starbucks because it will have a Starbucks

HTTYD World:
-Berk

Nintendo World:
-Mushroom Kingdom
-Donkey Kong

Thoughts? It’s partially lbt a wishlist, but I think it makes sense?

My guess for the lands honestly is:
FBAWTFT:
Brittish Ministry of Magic (similar to how kong is a mini land with a giant queue and ride), it also would feel odd for them to do multi lands for other worlds but not for Wizarding world
Wizarding France
It would be sort of two worlds by having "France" as one land and the indoor French Ministry of Magic as the second land. Almost like London is for Diagon, only much bigger for both.

It would be sort of two worlds by having "France" as one land and the indoor French Ministry of Magic as the second land. Almost like London is for Diagon, only much bigger for both.
I get that, just feels weird having a film about world travel and only one country present (sans the floo powder ride).

Also should note by the concept art i feel like Dracula’s Castle (if the show building is what the Dracula Land lies upon) will exit into Frankenland (from what some have speculated was the entrance to Dracula’s Castle if the castle was a forced perspective mountaintop castle like hogwarts which I disagree with)

I have to disagree with the majority that are questioning Fantastic Beasts.

Maybe its just my opinion, and maybe I would get a far better understanding of the popularity with the current Wizarding World from your responses to the following question.

What makes the Harry Potter World special to you?

Is it really the characters? Its nice to have a host you know, but are the characters really that special in the rides? I haven't experienced Hagrid's yet, and I imagined that hearing his narration is probably a cherry on top of the ice cream, but on the other rides do the characters really add anything?

For me, getting the feeling of riding on a broom, dealing with dragons, being attacked by dementors/spiders/trolls is really what makes the rides. The really cool treats, spell casting areas, and full immersion into another world is what makes the area. I also like how tight the area feels, provides better immersion. I can't think of once where Harry Potter, and his gang really made me feel wow this ride would suck if they were not in it. Maybe when you are following Harry through the quidditch area in FJ, but even then its the flying part that's cool.

I love Harry Potter, but I really think its the immersion that really gets people interested. I have met so many people that really didn't care for the Harry Potter movies, especially adult men, but have told me they love the lands.
Star Wars has so much controversy built around it that die-hard fans would have been very critical of it not representing the originals. I don't think that there is that much dislike for Beasts. I think people still like Kowalski and Newt enough to not mind them on the rides. The Wizarding World is enough to provide enough enjoyment.

This is why my list of the lands that will surprise me the most will be
1. Fantastic Beasts
2. HTTYD
3. Classic Monsters
4. Nintendo

Nintendo will be great, but I think it will be what I am already expecting. I feel like my excitement and expectations for MOnsters is so high that I think I will be let down. Love HTTYD movies, and can't see a way how they could ruin it.

Personally, on the subject of surprise, I think the surprise love of the general public will be Monsters and the surprise love of theme park fans will be httyd (most theme park fans I’ve seen are most hyped about the monsters). Httyd’s ride lineup looks amazing, the films are phenomenal, the aesthetics are tons of fun and the merch looks awesome (also who else gets hyped imagining the lanyards the ip’s will get?). Speaking of, when people are film prepping and watch httyd for the first time, I expect a lot of “wow I didn’t know how good these were!”

I don't think there will be a negative feedback against FanstasticB Land in UEU because fans of first Harry Potter's books and films already have 2 wonderful lands where original Potter Universe is very well represented.
On the other hand fans of Star Wars only have one area, Galaxy's Edge, focused on the hated new trilogy. Besides Star Tours and odd retheming such as Hyperspace Mountain there isn't anything else to honour the beloved original trilogy and its characters. I easily understand why GE's has been so criticized. Surprisingly Disney is going to repeat same mistake two more times: Mickey and Minnie Runaway Railway is based on those new and "postmodern" cartoons instead on classic Mickey/Minnie looks. And the first and much awaited ride of Mary Poppins in EPCOT will be based on the tanked "Mary Poppins Return" instead in the original and timeless Julie Andrews film.

I don't think there will be a negative feedback against FanstasticB Land in UEU because fans of first Harry Potter's books and films already have 2 wonderful lands where original Potter Universe is very well represented.
On the other hand fans of Star Wars only have one area, Galaxy's Edge, focused on the hated new trilogy. Besides Star Tours and odd retheming such as Hyperspace Mountain there isn't anything else to honour the beloved original trilogy and its characters. I easily understand why GE's has been so criticized. Surprisingly Disney is going to repeat same mistake two more times: Mickey and Minnie Runaway Railway is based on those new and "postmodern" cartoons instead on classic Mickey/Minnie looks. And the first and much awaited ride of Mary Poppins in EPCOT will be based on the tanked "Mary Poppins Return" instead in the original and timeless Julie Andrews film.
I will say, those new mickey shorts are pretty fun.

Hopefully Universal learns from Disney's Star Wars mistake. Disney just waited way too long to cash in on Star Wars in their theme parks. Universal did not make the same mistake with Potter.

Potter is special to me because of the world they live in, while I also love the characters they aren't totally the main draw. The world itself, Hogsmeade, Diagon Alley, Hogwarts, are just something else. They take me to an entirely different place anytime I am in the theme park or watch the films. Potter and Star Wars are some of the only films that I can truly say take me out of the world I am currently living in and put me in theres for a few hours. Not to harp on it, one of the several reasons SWGE isn't as popular is because other than the Falcon theres almost no familiarity. Thats what people want, and thats what Universal has delivered here with Potter. I suspect FB may end up being the best of all these lands, but we shall see.

I suspect FB may end up being the best of all these lands, but we shall see.

Wouldn't you say that FB is less recognisable than Potter though? HP is mainly focused on 2/3 main locations (and really mainly Hogwarts). FB is a lot more all over the place. Paris is only in the second film for example. The only constant is Newt's suitcase which tbf would be awesome. But I could easily FB having similar problems to Star Wars in lack of familiarity.

Wouldn't you say that FB is less recognisable than Potter though? HP is mainly focused on 2/3 main locations (and really mainly Hogwarts). FB is a lot more all over the place. Paris is only in the second film for example. The only constant is Newt's suitcase which tbf would be awesome. But I could easily FB having similar problems to Star Wars in lack of familiarity.
Well, I doubt it has lack of familiarity because it seems like its going to be Paris which is recognizable to almost everybody. Also, if the rumored Ministry ride is coming over then honestly going through all the Ministries is what brings the familiarity. I see your point, but they aren't coming up with a random location that somewhat relates to FB and has like a Kowalski's hanging around or something like Batuu. It'll be Paris most likely. Im not too worried. Ive said it before but it wouldn't surprise me at all if Jude Law's Dumbledore is involved somehow, adding to the familiarity. Also JK will promote the hell out of it.

Isn't there going to be at least one more FB film before EU opens? Theoretically if that's set in London then we could still see a FB London land?

I think and hope that FB relies more on its Euro location/atmosphere, food, entertainment & maybe ride tech than the characters from the movies......they just don't do it for me although I think that Jude Law's Dumbledore is the best of the lot.

Honestly, I would rather have The Good Place related world than FB especially if its going to be more Euro centric locations which theme park wise are getting overdone.
But what’s the attraction? I love the Good Place but it makes no sense as an attraction needed land. Small shop and quick service? Absolutely. Large land that needs rides? Nah

Status
Not open for further replies.