General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure | Page 107 | Inside Universal Forums

General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Got my first ride today. Extremely well done ride, but I was hoping for a bit more in the show building. And the creature in Hagrid hut really Needed it’s base covered.

They were loading as fast I could ever see them doing it.

First Fluffy head wasn’t moving. Unicorns moved, oddly.

Both drop rooms seemed to be running. We got stuck after the drop, and I heard the other other going. I had read. Dry recently it’s never ran both.

They had to be on max capacity today.

Curiously, they closed the line at 445 so they could do extended maintenance tonight.

I really wanted my first ride at night. Have to try in a few days.

Reactions: Mad Dog
So, is Hagrid closing at night a lot? I really want a night ride. Hopefully they aren’t doing maintenance regularly with an early close. Especially with US closing early for HHN.

Finally got to ride this yesterday. What a fantastic experience. I dobt think I have ever had such a massive smile on my face when looking at the on ride photo for any coaster.

We were very lucky and got front row. I was in the sidecar. Queued less than an hour.

The ride is just a fun, exciting experience from start to end. Sadly the Skrewt wasn't really working, but all the other effects were on.

One criticism would be the queue. It's a bit dull compared to others like FJ or Gringotts.

10/10 and in my top 3 rides in Orlando. Need more rides to decide exactly where I put it.

Finally got to ride this yesterday. What a fantastic experience. I dobt think I have ever had such a massive smile on my face when looking at the on ride photo for any coaster.

We were very lucky and got front row. I was in the sidecar. Queued less than an hour.

The ride is just a fun, exciting experience from start to end. Sadly the Skrewt wasn't really working, but all the other effects were on.

One criticism would be the queue. It's a bit dull compared to others like FJ or Gringotts.

10/10 and in my top 3 rides in Orlando. Need more rides to decide exactly where I put it.

REALLY hoping for a night ride tonight.

Reactions: tankart150
Sitting on this for a week now having rode it, it really is the best ride objectively at Universal. It is pure fun, with surprises happening at, quite literally, every turn. Theres no "downtime" on the ride where nothing is going on, the animatronics are of the highest quality that I have ever seen (Haven't been to Pandora or SWGE yet), and honestly once the trees grow in more this ride will only improve with its theming. As others said, the queue is the only disappointment. I think maybe though reflecting more, its a good queue. However when you compare it to the likes of FJ, Gringotts, Skull Island, I'm not entirely sure it matches. The ride though, delivers. 110% delivers. Praying I get a night ride this coming April :)

Reactions: ofhs93 and Mad Dog
Unlikely, ride closes early on weekdays, late on weekends.

It ran until 8 tonight. I waited as long as I could stand it. Advertised 45 minute wait, which was right on. Ended up with a late twilight ride in the front seat on the cycle. EXCELLENT. still didn’t see the blue flying things in the forest. But, the ride was flawless, everything but the first Fluffy head worked. I assume the centaur is static.

The Dementors were out. I love how they can trigger things hidden around the land.

It ran until 8 tonight. I waited as long as I could stand it. Advertised 45 minute wait, which was right on. Ended up with a late twilight ride in the front seat on the cycle. EXCELLENT. still didn’t see the blue flying things in the forest. But, the ride was flawless, everything but the first Fluffy head worked. I assume the centaur is static.

The Dementors were out. I love how they can trigger things hidden around the land.
Dementors were out?

What???

No I mean when did they start doing this?

They are part of the Defense Against the Dark Arts castle projection show for Halloween. They walk around the area by the 3 Broomsticks. Probably a half dozen of them. They each seem to have an effect of sparks or smoke, etc they can trigger. It’s sort of a Scarezone light, but they do sneak up on folks, and there is a lot of fog.

A great addition, IMHO.

Here’s a blurry pic

Here’s a video I took tonight. It’s very dark in the area, but it gives you an idea.

Attachments

• EB7ECF99-A4E3-4597-BBA3-61450C42C177.jpeg
    EB7ECF99-A4E3-4597-BBA3-61450C42C177.jpeg
    274.7 KB · Views: 15
Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks for the update. My source said they’re closing early on weekdays so maybe testing is going so well they’ve stopped doing that.

Any ideas when the ride might go to normal schedule? I was hoping I could rely on it being consistently open when I go in Thanksgiving
What do you mean by normal schedule?

As of now it's scheduled to open with the park and close early on weekdays, staying open later during weekends. Outside of unforeseen circumstances, that's what you should expect.