Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Kevin Feige’s Star Wars project

In a way, I don’t think his journey with Marvel is close to being finished yet but Star Wars needs somebody with an overall vision for the IP and he’s probably the best that Disney have for that role.
I just hope he doesn't take on too much to the point of where things start to become of lesser quality. Between MCU Movies and Disney+ shows and potentially Star Wars, that's a lot for one guy to juggle.

I just hope he doesn't take on too much to the point of where things start to become of lesser quality. Between MCU Movies and Disney+ shows and potentially Star Wars, that's a lot for one guy to juggle.

Perhaps he will take on a smaller role at Marvel if he does do SW? Maybe just giving the OK on the bigger, phase long ideas and appoint a new person for the day to day.
That would seem the sensible option. Doing both seems too much for one person I think.

Perhaps he will take on a smaller role at Marvel if he does do SW? Maybe just giving the OK on the bigger, phase long ideas and appoint a new person for the day to day.
That would seem the sensible option. Doing both seems too much for one person I think.
I'd be fine with that. He told his story from beginning to end. We're entering a new chapter of the MCU now so if there was ever a time for him to pivot, it's now.

Personally, I get the feeling that this is Alan Horn..testing the bed with Kevin, seeing how he handles leadership with other groups with The Walt Disney Company's film studios (on-top of him already with Walt Disney Animation for the What Ifs).

I do think there's a lot of precedent towards this; and if his film is successful..I could see him being next in-line to take Horn's position.

Victoria Alonso is basically Feige's successor if it ever comes to that. Having worked on a few Marvel films I can say pretty confidently that she would be an excellent choice to take over if Kevin leaves. She's awesome.

Also, super pumped to see what Feige cooks up with Star Wars. He's just as much a nerd for Star Wars as he is for Marvel and that seems to be his secret sauce. He's incredibly business savvy and also has a deep passion for the IP.

One Take News (Along with colloboration from Jordan Maison) is heainr that Chloe Zhao is the top choice and is being courted to direct Feige's film. Additionally, reports are staged to be having the film take place before any other film in the Universe.

One Take News (Along with colloboration from Jordan Maison) is heainr that Chloe Zhao is the top choice and is being courted to direct Feige's film. Additionally, reports are staged to be having the film take place before any other film in the Universe.

Interesting choice given the response to Eternals, but we'll see. Disney seems to want to keep her in house (this will be her third film with a Disney studio in a short career so far) so giving her a Star Wars movie isn't a terrible thing, I guess.

And here we go again:

I'm guessing we should maybe be worried about Taika Waititi's film as well?
Looking back on this, they had Chloe Zhao tapped to direct and Michael Waldron set to write the film. Zhao had a big disappointment in Eternals, Waldron provided some good writing on Loki, but then some stuff I didn't necessarily love on Multiverse of Madness, although I ultimately liked the film a good deal.

Wonder if Feige just couldn't find the time for this with everything going on with the MCU? But it also seems Kathleen Kennedy can't seem to get a Star Wars movie off the ground. We've now had the Benioff & Weiss trilogy die, Rian Johnson's trilogy die, Rogue Squadron/Patty Jenkins movie die, Feige's movie die, and Taika's I don't even want to happen.

Rogue Squadron had a lot of hope, although after seeing WW1984, idk if Jenkins was capable enough to both direct and write the movie. I'd have felt better if she had a co-writer involved. The biggest loss is Rian Johnson not getting to do his trilogy because of how toxic the fandom is that the movies probably wouldn't make money. Rian is an extremely talented writer and director (along with being a Star Wars fan himself) and I think a self contained trilogy where he controlled the beginning, middle, and end could've been really good. Plus, people couldn't complain about things happening to legacy charters since this would've been a story of his own creation.

Take a shot!

Chloe Zhao Star Wars doesn't sound like a bad idea but she clearly doesn't pair well with these sorts of humor-laden, improv-heavy films so putting her with a Rick & Morty writer feels like a terrible mistake. Someone like Michael Green would probably better bridge the gap between her sensibility and the needs of an audience-pleasing blockbuster.

Last edited:
With rumors that Kathleen Kennedy is leaving LucasFilm after Indy 5, I have to think that they are either going to announce one of two things at Celebration.

1 - Taika's movie is actually happening and show some signs of proof to give people a reason to believe
2 - Scrap everything Kathleen Kennedy announced so that whoever takes over as head of LucasFilm can decide on their own where they want to go with the franchise theatrically.

I have to think that Iger is desperate to get Star Wars back into theaters. At this point, the quickest a Star Wars movie could come out if they started TODAY would pretty much probably be dated December 2025. Again, that's if they started today. So seeing as they aren't starting anytime soon on a new movie, we're looking into 2026/27 before we get a new theatrical film, which will mean at least 7-8 years (at minimum) between theatrical movies. It's very surprising that a company that loves to mine IPs as much as Disney does will have basically let Star Wars becoming a streaming franchise.