Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 296 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
A note about the railings... I'm pretty sure the ride vehicles will pass through this area, on their way from the load rooms to the first scene. The railings aren't to keep us from touching the AAs, they're to keep us from getting run over. Notice how much space is between the railings and the AAs. That might be for the RVs to pass by. After all, there is no track, so it's hard to tell, but that's the first scene of the ride, technically. (Or, so I have heard.)
No. There is no way that anyone would allow for moving ride vehicles to be separated from guests by that skimpy railing. It would be too easy for a two-year-old to run under one of those gaps. Besides, I have never seen plans for the ride to pass through the hangar.

No. There is no way that anyone would allow for moving ride vehicles to be separated from guests by that skimpy railing. It would be too easy for a two-year-old to run under one of those gaps. Besides, I have never seen plans for the ride to pass through the hangar.
My guess isn't to prevent people from getting to the cars, but in case of a malfunction to prevent the cars from getting to the people. (Thats if what Alicia says is true)

Agreed, now yes there's been a plethora of ABC sitcoms that have gone to DL/WDW, with a good chunk of them showing off the newest thing. (Wilderness Lodge, DCA's "The New Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, The New Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, The New Twilight Zone Tower of Terror." Etc.)

But for three sitcoms to talk about the same new thing in the same night? That's a disgusting level of shill which you can't hide as anything but.

Meanwhile, Modern Family's DL episode is still one the best ones. Showcasing all the family members encountering real and relatable as all heck issues. (Except for one side plot.) They didn't even advertise Cars Land which was the new thing. (Which was officially advertised by one of the kids on the show, even!) I've also heard the Middle's ep is a good one, too.

Clearly Disney needs to embrace Universal’s style of cross-promotion by sending flying sharks to destroy Batuu.

Reactions: Mad Dog
They’ve just repainted a plane for Galaxy’s Edge and have a huge promotion for a trip in February. I guess they don’t need the negative press.

It’s one thing to delete comments but Disney saying it’s a success is something else all together.
Also LATAM, so there are two GE planes in the sky.

“Disney is underperforming with galaxy edge! They are doomed!”

Also...

“Disney is marketing Galaxy Edge! They shouldn’t do that!”

Connect the dots folks.

Reactions: alomar and jrn14
“Disney is underperforming with galaxy edge! They are doomed!”

Also...

“Disney is marketing Galaxy Edge! They shouldn’t do that!”

Connect the dots folks.

That's.... not what we're complaining about? There's a difference between highly produced slick TV ads, awkwardly placed segments in sitcoms over a full week, and a sign twirler on I Drive.

You honestly can’t win on this forum.
I mean, it's not just this forum. It's kinda the general consensus. Marketing a new land on at least 11 different shows all in a short span of time is wild. I actually typically love the corny in-park shows and such, but there is a limit to how much you can do at once before it just becomes a lot.

Disney kicks off media blitz to save "Star Wars" land

Disney's Media Blitz to Save "Star Wars" Land Has a Slow Start | The Motley Fool

I mean, it's not just this forum. It's kinda the general consensus. Marketing a new land on at least 11 different shows all in a short span of time is wild. I actually typically love the corny in-park shows and such, but there is a limit to how much you can do at once before it just becomes a lot.

Disney kicks off media blitz to save "Star Wars" land

Disney's Media Blitz to Save "Star Wars" Land Has a Slow Start | The Motley Fool

Months after it opened in Disneyland, month after it opened at WDW. I think we'll get another media blitz around RotR too. It gives the air of desperation rather than confidence.

Last edited by a moderator:
Months after it opened in Disneyland, month after it opened at WDW. I think we'll get another media blitz around RotR too. It gives the air of desperation rather than confidence.
Only because they're going about it wrong. They should just have some kickass commercials filmed with ride footage of both rides and the land and that's it. Of course they'll advertise on the Christmas Parade and if they want to advertise on a show then whatever, but the writing needs to not feel forced. THAT is what makes it feel desperate.

Overall, I think we have way too much knowledge of this situation and how the lands are performing so we're over-analyzing though, tbh. Not every bit of advertising needs to be analyzed and scrutinized. If the land was performing well nobody would care about these advertisements. It's because of the low performance that everyone wants to scrutinize the cross brand advertisments... which were likely planned to happen already when Disney was planning for those huge crowds that never showed up to Disneyland.

Out on the West Coast......were there more people excited for SWGE....or were there more people PO'd that they were ripping out Rivers of America and shortening it by 1/3? I know that Disneyland is not a museum.....but like it or not.....it is historical and people out there feel very strongly about it. I think that SWGE shoe horned into Disneyland was ill conceived. They should have done the full land in Florida.....and did a stand alone RotR in Tomorrowland at DL.

Reactions: UNIrd