Sony/Marvel Spider-Man Deal | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Sony/Marvel Spider-Man Deal

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
In a perfect world, this is what I would like to see:

Andrew Garfield in the “Venom-verse” and have the Morbius and Craven movies set there as well.

Make Spider-man 4

Try to work something else out with Marvel, but if not, just go the route if it being unofficially in the MCU (Like Daredevil)

Spider-verse 2 having Andrew Garfield and Maguire in the sane movie.

Sony would make buku bucks. But we all know Sony is too dumb-headed to even think of doing that and Disney is too greedy to keep Tom Holland.

EFetGCwUwAABR4T.jpg:large

YES!

Source: Sony and Disney reach deal to continue Spider-Man movie partnership

Reactions: Magic-Man and CTank
I told you guys that time would win out. This now allows them a chance to wrap up Spider-Man’s storyline, too.

This Feige guy is good.

Yeah I don't know why everyone was so quick to assume Spidey was never coming back to the MCU. There was WAY too much money on the table for both companies to just walk-away. Also, as you said, these types of deals take more than a week to iron out.

That’s actually a savvy move by Sony to ask for PS Vue content. All the channels Disney gave them rights to will allow Sony to increase the price of the service and likely grow it a lot during this period of time.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Also crazy - we will, for the first time ever, be getting 4 MCU movies in 1 year in 2021.

Hearing it out loud "officially", and it's..a lot to process, for better or worse (the worse being the obvious corporation speach that I could give).

That’s actually a savvy move by Sony to ask for PS Vue content. All the channels Disney gave them rights to will allow Sony to increase the price of the service and likely grow it a lot during this period of time.

Admittedly, I was surprised about it too; but it kind of..makes a lot of sense to me. And personally, I could see this be more in-depth if we get an extension of the current deal now in-place for Marvel and Sony Pictures.

Hearing it out loud "officially", and it's..a lot to process, for better or worse (the worse being the obvious corporation speach that I could give).

Admittedly, I was surprised about it too; but it kind of..makes a lot of sense to me. And personally, I could see this be more in-depth if we get an extension of the current deal now in-place for Marvel and Sony Pictures.
My guess would be that they use the last movie on Holland’s contract on a crossover appearance and then there will probably be one more re-up for an Avengers 5 in 2024ish (Maybe even a Spider-Man 4 in 2023? Sony seems to like to have a Spidey movie every two years.)

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
While I don't like how Spidey is integrated, I'm glad they have an opportunity to wrap up the cliffhanger. I really do wish we got to see a post High School Peter Parker in this world as IMO his most interesting stories happen senior year onward. I just hope that "fired Stark employee" doesn't become the excuse going forward (although I loved Mysterio).

I found this quote from Feige to be very interesting.

"He also happens to be the only hero with the superpower to cross cinematic universes, so as Sony continues to develop their own Spidey-verse you never know what surprises the future might hold.”

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is this the first time he's acknowledged the Spidey-verse? I wonder what this means for both going forward.

I found this quote from Feige to be very interesting.

"He also happens to be the only hero with the superpower to cross cinematic universes, so as Sony continues to develop their own Spidey-verse you never know what surprises the future might hold.”

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is this the first time he's acknowledged the Spidey-verse? I wonder what this means for both going forward.
My guess is that it means Holland's Spidey will have his own movies post/away from the MCU, and that possibly Venom sneaks into the MCU?