Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

I think if RSRs had opened in Orlando in the Summer it would have been just as inconsistent. The rainy season hurt Hagrid as much as anything for the first few months.
Good point. Since the dryer weather of the past few weeks, Hagrids has been running at a pretty standard rate, short of the one time bee issue.

RSR still has delayed openings from time to time, but my point is that Hagrids is a flagship attraction and it has been really inconsistent. Sure it's new and they are working the bugs out but I mention Disney because I am impressed how they are able to maintain uptime with their long operating hours. WDW has more operating hours than Islands and they are able keep the attractions running. I am not trying to stoke the fire on theme park wars and my original comment was lazy.
The following Disney attractions had issues during their first year: Test Track, Universe of Energy, Spaceship Earth, WDW's Pirates, Journey into Imagination, Everest, Space Mountain, 80% of DL, etc. People complain, then people forget....

actually WDW has cut their operating hours the past few years while Universal has increased theirs. There's no longer the big difference like it was a few years back. MK now has significantly earlier closing than Disneyland.
Anecdotally this seems inaccurate. I don't have the data but a small sample shows that MK is open many more hours than Islands. When I was there Islands closed at 7:00 pm on a friday. Disney was open to 12:00am. I wish there was a website that tracked operating hours but so be it. I'll move on.

Anecdotally this seems inaccurate. I don't have the data but a small sample shows that MK is open many more hours than Islands. When I was there Islands closed at 7:00 pm on a friday. Disney was open to 12:00am. I wish there was a website that tracked operating hours but so be it. I'll move on.
Except for some very slow days, IOA has been closing at 8 or 9 for most of the year. Just about every day (except Grad nights and private parties) from mid March up until a couple of Sept days it had 8 or 9 O'clock closings. Yes, this is very different than past years, but they have been trending in that direction for the past couple of years, slowly but surely. Yes, MK is open more hours than IOA, but not as many as Disneyland (that was what I had stated for comparison). MK 'used' to be open until 11:00 and midnight routinely, but that is no longer the case. It probably closes at 9:00 Pm more days than any other closing time.

Last edited:
On my trip coming up in November, both studios and islands closes by 7 PM every night.
Yes, mid Nov. is quite slow at Universal as is first part of Dec. , the parks generally close early those weeks. I was able to track back to mid March and there's been less than a dozen days IOA closed before 8 or 9 o'clock, and those were primarily Grad Nights and park buyouts, where in reality they were open for those later. They're open till 8 or 9 through the remainder of Sept. & Oct. also for the most part). Big difference from a few years back when they would close 5, 6, or 7 except for high summer and holidays. They're still not quite at WDW level, but they're close now.

Last edited:
Just because Disney is currently only open a little later than Universal doesn’t say that one didn’t decrease and the other increase their hours.

MK used to regularly be open past midnight to normal day guests.

UOR used to consistently close by 6 (7 at the latest).

Now both resorts hover at closing around 9-10pm for closing.

Except for some very slow days, IOA has been closing at 8 or 9 for most of the year. Just about every day (except Grad nights and private parties) from mid March up until a couple of Sept days it had 8 or 9 O'clock closings. Yes, this is very different than past years, but they have been trending in that direction for the past couple of years, slowly but surely. Yes, MK is open more hours than IOA, but not as many as Disneyland (that was what I had stated for comparison). MK 'used' to be open until 11:00 and midnight routinely, but that is no longer the case. It probably closes at 9:00 Pm more days than any other closing time.

Yup, and MNSSHP used was open until 1am.

MK opens earlier for hotel guests, but closing times are much closer now.

Last edited:
Just because Disney is currently only open a little later than Universal doesn’t say that one didn’t decrease and the other increase their hours.

MK used to regularly be open past midnight to normal day guests.

UOR used to consistently close by 6 (7 at the latest).

Now both resorts hover at closing around 9-10pm for closing.
yes....that's the point I was making in my first post on the subject. :thumbsup:

The lack of late openings at Disney is the number one way you know they are full of crap when they claim price hikes have anything to do with controlling crowds. I cant say I have been to many earlier closing days at universal where it felt too crowded to not be open later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Question?
Can anyone make out this line of dialogue: “We’ve got to round up the skrewts before they set fire to(blank)They just don’t know what they’re doing.” I can never catch what he’s saying. I assume it’s about setting fire to the hut.

Just saw a sizable group of people from standby near the indoor queue entrance jump into single rider after it was opened. Feels bad man.

Have they fixed how they do the late queue ride vehicle fitting yet for overweight people or is it still ridiculously embarrassing?

It’s literally the exact same process that is at Forbidden Journey.

Except it literally isn't.

Pray tell; at what point of the queue on FJ do they hold the line; single out and ask the overweight person to get into the ride vehicle while everyone waits and watches for it to turn green or not, and then allow them back in line before continuing the flow?