Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

WDW Parks Banning Smoking, Stroller Wagons, Loose Ice Beginning May 1st

Strollers have really gotten out of hand at Disney and clog the walkways. And it seems a generational thing since Disney didn't have such a huge proliferation of strollers until about 20 years ago. Heck, people have their 6, 7 & 8 year olds sitting in strollers now. And many use the strollers like a U Haul carrier. That's just crazy. And they slow up bus loading too. An even better solution would be to ban personal strollers and only allow the Disney rentals. I bet that would cut down how many people use strollers if they had to pay to rent them. .....Thank the theme park gods, Universal has a different demographic, and strollers are low profile in the parks.

This stroller was on the post-fireworks ferry tonight, though not quite as large as appears;

CC0C6389-81E2-4219-8512-CB25A9BF381A.jpeg

2652CF11-F895-4A61-BCCC-DE1D9045480C.jpeg

Over the last seven days only one smoker;

In TSL entrance of all places - right hand kerb as Woody was leaving through the CM gate. Perhaps appeared to be a quiet corner until Woody appeared! I only noticed as the handler loudly politely said “Ermm sir....”

The tram announcement states smoking forbidden except in designated areas, which I think are now only the outside the park (entrance?)

This stroller was on the post-fireworks ferry tonight, though not quite as large as appears;

View attachment 9686

View attachment 9687

Wow! That quoted price is not even for the entire day. It's until 5 pm and will cost an additional $20/hour after that. You can buy a double-stroller for cheaper and treat it as disposable for less than what they're charging. I know, it's not the same experience, but...

That carriage looks like a covered wagon without the pull handle, which Disney has banned. I can't imagine using that for my kids without people chastising me. It looks like the ultimate douchebaggery that I wouldn't want to be associated with.

Starting Oct. 1st, Disney will no longer accept third party hotel rental equipment (Strollers, ACV's) at their hotel resorts unless the guest is present when it's delivered, and picked up, by the rental company rep. ....Seems like this may ultimately cut down on some of the pathway clogging in the parks by too many of these being present.

I'm wondering if this is also a cash grab. If people don't have the convenience anymore, how many will end up having to rent from Disney. Between that and the groceries delivered by Amazon, I'm sure Disney has seen its revenues decline on rentals and sales.

I’m not understanding what’s really different about this. Several years ago when they started the preferred vendor program for strollers and wheelchairs they stopped letting the other companies who opted out of the program drop off and required them to meet the guests. So did they get rid of the preferred vendor program or is this still pretty much business as usual?

They've been dropping them off in front of the hotels and when the guests arrived they would just pick them up. Every day they drop of dozens of ECVs and strollers in front of each hotel waiting for the guests to arrive. It seems like a liability as well as an eye sore and hassle.

They've been dropping them off in front of the hotels and when the guests arrived they would just pick them up. Every day they drop of dozens of ECVs and strollers in front of each hotel waiting for the guests to arrive. It seems like a liability as well as an eye sore and hassle.
If they’re not part of the preferred program they are required to wait out front and hand it off to the guest. That’s why I don’t see what’s different about this. Honestly I think it was better before Disney started that program, because they would all just hand them off to bell services and be gone. Then with the new program the companies that opted out would just sit out front sometimes for hours waiting on guests to arrive to collect their rental.

If they’re not part of the preferred program they are required to wait out front and hand it off to the guest. That’s why I don’t see what’s different about this. Honestly I think it was better before Disney started that program, because they would all just hand them off to bell services and be gone. Then with the new program the companies that opted out would just sit out front sometimes for hours waiting on guests to arrive to collect their rental.
I believe it pertains to all third party vendors now, preferred included.

I believe it pertains to all third party vendors now, preferred included.
See that’s the part I have a hard time believing. Disney was charging them money, hard to imagine Disney just deciding to give up money and just let them come in and do it for free. Could be though, would be interesting to get some confirmation on that.

See that’s the part I have a hard time believing. Disney was charging them money, hard to imagine Disney just deciding to give up money and just let them come in and do it for free. Could be though, would be interesting to get some confirmation on that.
Touring Plans has a complete story on their TP Blog today.

Disney parks and cash grabs. Name a better duo.
So if this applies to the preferred vendors wouldn’t this be the opposite of a cash grab. They’re eliminating a program where they charged vendors for the privilege of being able to drop of strollers and wheelchairs and now instead will not charge and just require the vendors to meet their guests.

So if this applies to the preferred vendors wouldn’t this be the opposite of a cash grab. They’re eliminating a program where they charged vendors for the privilege of being able to drop of strollers and wheelchairs and now instead will not charge and just require the vendors to meet their guests.

Does Disney provide their own strollers?