Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 576 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It seemed like the houses this year were understaffed so IDK why they hired so many reserves.

And please do not put your express ticket on your phone app. Folks were holding up the line because they wouldn’t scan properly. Print the express and buy a lanyard so it’s ready to go.
Once Tooth Fairy got cancelled, an entire house got moved to reserves, which has left them with way more than they need.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
Tonight’s the night!

Do resort guests still have their own entrance?
Where is it?
What time should I arrive for 6:30 opening?

Thanks for everyone’s help!

I honestly think you should pony up the extra $25 for entry at 3 PM and do Stay and Scream at Simpson’s. 3 of the top 5 houses are back there, and you’ll be able to do all 5 with no wait.

I honestly think you should pony up the extra $25 for entry at 3 PM and do Stay and Scream at Simpson’s. 3 of the top 5 houses are back there, and you’ll be able to do all 5 with no wait.

I would, but that’s when we are getting to the hotel to check in, so won’t likely get over to the park until 5 anyway.

It seemed like the houses this year were understaffed so IDK why they hired so many reserves.

And please do not put your express ticket on your phone app. Folks were holding up the line because they wouldn’t scan properly. Print the express and buy a lanyard so it’s ready to go.

Honestly, I've had more hassle this year with my paper ticket than the QR code on my phone. Most TMs at the express entrance see the QR code on my screen and wave me through with no issue. On multiple nights and at multiple houses I've had them read my paper ticket like it was a 5 paragraph essay, holding up the express entry line.

As someone who has only done Finnegan's S&S this year, can anyone try to sway me into why Springfield is better? Ghostbusters & ST get the longest waits every night while the houses in the back are essentially walk-ons for the first hour or two. Is it just a better drinking environment or something?

Had a kind of ridiculous thing happen while waiting in line for House of 1000 Corpses on Friday night. Got to the Express/Standby merge and the girls in front of me hadn't finished their drinks yet, so the TM at merge told them they'd have to finish them before entering the house. One of the girls offered the rest of her drink to the TM, and he actually took it and chugged it right there at his position. Another TM saw this and started yelling at him as he did it, so I'm not sure if he made it through the rest of his shift, honestly.

As someone who has only done Finnegan's S&S this year, can anyone try to sway me into why Springfield is better? Ghostbusters & ST get the longest waits every night while the houses in the back are essentially walk-ons for the first hour or two. Is it just a better drinking environment or something?
I can do five houses before seven pm is why.

I can do five houses before seven pm is why.
Same though. And I get a busy one (or two) in. Here are two different examples of paces I've had using Finnegan's:

5:49 PM - Ghostbusters
6:07 PM - Killer Klowns
6:20 PM - Universal Monsters
6:40 - Graveyard Games
6:52 - Depths of Fear
7:08 - Nightingales
7:26 - House of 1000 Corpses

----

5:50 PM - Ghostbusters
6:10 PM - Killer Klowns
6:26 PM - Universal Monsters
6:38 PM - Depths of Fear
6:55 PM - House of 1000 Corpses
7:45 PM - Us
8:30 PM - Graveyard Games

Typically I've been leaving by 7-8 just because, but it seems like it would be even more efficient to go: Ghostbusters/ST -> Us -> KKFOS -> Back half of the park. Since I could do those first 3 by 6:10 PM last week.

Last edited:
Thinking 'bout going this evening using S&S Simposons. Anyone that can tell me which houses have early access?
I believe it's Depths of Fear and House of 1,000 Corpses. Again though, and this is just my opinion, I'd recommend Finnegan's. Those houses are consistently dead for the first hour or two and don't really need the early admission.

Tonight’s the night!

Do resort guests still have their own entrance?
Where is it?
What time should I arrive for 6:30 opening?

Thanks for everyone’s help!
Read your response about hotel check-in! Yes, the resort entrance is still there, but I’ve never walked that distance so I don’t know where it is :^(. Stick to one of the side turnstiles as opposed to the ones that face the wrought-iron gate head-on. Everybody sees the lines for HHN, and the first lines they see are the middle ones, making them the longest by a wide margin, but the sides are good. The resort access point should be on the right side when you’re facing the park, so you’ll be good to stay over there.

The park opens at 6, typically, not 6:30, and I’ve been the very first person at the turnstiles by getting there at about 4:50. That was on the second night of the event. Getting there early also means that you won’t have to fight all of those crowds to get into any kind of line.

If you’re going by yourself and get there earlyish, it’s always fun to talk to the people in line with you (if you can tell they’re feeling it). Having gone to the event right at opening four times this year, I’ve made two friends, one of which brought his friend group along once they showed up and we all hung out until about 11. The other friend and her family and I did UCM and Graveyard Games together. Last year I overheard a family that was taking the trip for one woman’s birthday, but they had no idea what was going to be there. I offered up explanations of the properties as well as a few tips, they offered to get me Express, and I led my own unofficial RIP tour. Talking in line can not only fill your time/benefit you, but can make another person’s night a lot better by means of actually getting houses done with strategy.

Hope this helps a little!