Waits and Uptime Reports - Hagrid’s Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure | Page 42 | Inside Universal Forums

Waits and Uptime Reports - Hagrid’s Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Who would've thought that once they planted a forest, nature was soon to follow? In all seriousness, I'm wondering if JP's deforestation has anything to do with bees popping up over there.

Or if they're just gonna use bees as an excuse kinda like the "someone took their phone out so we have to shut down" excuse I've gotten a few times.

Update: It's 11:00 am. Do you know where your Hagrid is?

Last edited:
Who would've thought that once they planted a forest, nature was soon to follow? In all seriousness, I'm wondering if JP's deforestation has anything to do with bees popping up over there.

Or if they're just gonna use bees as an excuse kinda like the "someone took their phone out so we have to shut down" excuse I've gotten a few times.

If you build anything indoor, bees will love it. They don't want to be exposed to the elements and thus happily will move into a structure where they are out of the rain. Other coasters have had issues with bees in the superstructure or tunnels.

If you build anything indoor, bees will love it. They don't want to be exposed to the elements and thus happily will move into a structure where they are out of the rain. Other coasters have had issues with bees in the superstructure or tunnels.

so the bees are in the drop track building.

Upon entering the boardwalk room a staff member now asks bigger guests(myself included) if they have ridden before. If you have not, they take you over to a test seat.

We noticed it too. The couple in front of us had a somewhat larger girl (not even borderline, IMO) and asked if they rode it and then held line, made them go over and try the seat while we all watched, then let them return to the line in front of us.

Even me, who has little sympathy for overweight people being overweight and takes offense to basically nothing, felt really embarrassed for her. My wife even made a comment to me along the lines of “that sucks for them”.

I don’t know what the perfect solution is, but that one was pretty shaming and they can do something less obvious at the very least.

A possible solution would be like Forbidden Journey for kids who are borderline height (or rider swap). You bypass the area by the sorting hat and walk over where they can measure you near child swap. Maybe they do that.
“How many?”
“3”
“OK, please go down the aisle to the left” where a TM can put them in a seat that isn’t right there where everyone is watching you and knowing what’s happening.

Reactions: therock

Don’t forget HRRR has a bee problem too.

It’s delayed again, Anyone know the reason today? Surely can’t use bee excuse again.

people say it’s getting better and I’m an ardent universal supporter but it’s a bit different when you’re experiencing it first hand. So I apologise to those that I dismissed in the past complaining about the delays, it’s evidently just not ready and won’t be until 2020 at least.

Don’t get me wrong I’m glad they didn’t delay the opening but they surely need to make a decision to let everyone know the problems are bigger than they anticipated, a bit of transparency would go a long way , like I wouldn’t be annoyed if they said “look it’s a technical ride and things arent going great, if you get in this queue there’s no guarantee you’ll ride, things are a bit unpredictable.”
But no they’re just acting like everything is fine, while standing in front of a ride that’s on fire.

like I wouldn’t be annoyed if they said “look it’s a technical ride and things arent going great, if you get in this queue there’s no guarantee you’ll ride, things are a bit unpredictable.”

They have that disclaimer about *all* their attractions though.

I get it's frustrating. It sucks to be there on a day it's acting up. But I don't get what them coming out and saying this about Hagrids would do to change the situation?

For the record, I'm nervous after the past 2 days. Things were trending upward but something is up yesterday and today, seemingly. I'm going this week, so it's definitely not ideal.

Last edited:
They have that disclaimer about *all* their attractions though.

I get it's frustrating. It sucks to be there on a day it's acting up. But I don't get what them coming out and saying this about Hagrids would do to change the situation?

For the record, I'm nervous after the past 2 days. Things were trending upward but something is up yesterday and today, seemingly. I'm going this week, so it's definitely not ideal.

I’ve been coming to universal for 20 years and I’ve never seen this disclaimer about rides acting up, where is it?

I’m not trying to be a contrarian like most people are when it comes to Hagrid, I’ve been blindly defending it since it opened. But the fact they let us stand in the line for 2.5 hours when they probably knew it wasn’t going to open is ludicrous.
Being transparent at the entrance would go a long way to control expectations. Business is literally managing expectations. Under promise over deliver that is business 101.
I’m telling you now if they said that to me, regarding the ride being unpredictable , I’d respect them a lot more. It wouldn’t make a difference practically but an honest company in 2019 is a welcoming thing.

edit: if anyone is in universal now come say hi, I’m sat waiting with a Heineken hoping it opens.

I’ve been coming to universal for 20 years and I’ve never seen this disclaimer about rides acting up, where is it?

Every ticket has a disclaimer on it saying no ride is guaranteed to you

But the fact they let us stand in the line for 2.5 hours when they probably knew it wasn’t going to open is ludicrous.

That was last night, right? I agree that's bad. But if they let you stand in line, the definitely think it's going to reopen. The fact it didn't sucks, but they weren't keeping you in line to mess with you.

Every ticket has a disclaimer on it saying no ride is guaranteed to you

That was last night, right? I agree that's bad. But if they let you stand in line, the definitely think it's going to reopen. The fact it didn't sucks, but they weren't keeping you in line to mess with you.

fair enough it says that on the ticket and I understand rides go down, rip rocket went down today and I just left the queue but you know fine well that will come back online.

I honestly think they knew that Hagrid wouldnt reopen last night but if they dumped the queue straight away they would have had to give express passes to everyone which they just couldn’t do as it would have fudged up operation in the days following , which I completely understand. It’s a damned if you do, damned if you don’t situation.

Reactions: therock
I honestly think they knew that Hagrid wouldnt reopen last night but if they dumped the queue straight away they would have had to give express passes to everyone which they just couldn’t do as it would have fudged up operation in the days following , which I completely understand. It’s a damned if you do, damned if you don’t situation.

Possibly, and if that's what they did, that's horrible on their part. I just know that when I was working in Orlando, we wouldn't dump queue if we thought the ride would be running any time soon.

Possibly, and if that's what they did, that's horrible on their part. I just know that when I was working in Orlando, we wouldn't dump queue if we thought the ride would be running any time soon.

I agree with everything you’re saying. It’s a poop situation and I’m not that bothered as I’m here for a while but it’s just irritating. I hope when you come you get lucky, unfortunately that seems to be the situation at the minute, you might get lucky and ride it quickly as the queue moves fast when it’s running (testament to operations) but the ride is a petulant teenager and ain’t predictable right now.

I agree with everything you’re saying. It’s a poop situation and I’m not that bothered as I’m here for a while but it’s just irritating. I hope when you come you get lucky, unfortunately that seems to be the situation at the minute, you might get lucky and ride it quickly as the queue moves fast when it’s running (testament to operations) but the ride is a petulant teenager and ain’t predictable right now.

I wonder if they tried to do something to expand the capacity the past few days that messed up the run they were on. At this point I'd argue they should just run at decreased capacity. Don't bother with trying to get to full capacity if it's gonna break the ride for a day

Reactions: MartyMcFly
I wonder if they tried to do something to expand the capacity the past few days that messed up the run they were on. At this point I'd argue they should just run at decreased capacity. Don't bother with trying to get to full capacity if it's gonna break the ride for a day

I’d like to think this was true. The thing is though, I don’t care about waiting for 2 hours if the queue is constantly moving , at least I’ll know that I’ll definitely get on.

keep capacity low for all I care, just let me get on at the end of 2/3 hours. Try improve capacity in a years time once the hype has died down. They surely knew a lot of people were waiting till fall to ride. Most are probably coming for HHN. Just get it reliably running 5/6 trains. Don’t shoot for the stars.

15:53 - still not open

Last edited: