Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

I'd imagine "planning our escape" is going to take a few minutes to let ride vehicles go through the area photo'd above. I would think that guests walking through this area, prior to boarding, will not see ride vehicles going past the storm troopers to keep the immersion. You likely stay with your group and do the "planning to escape" and then all board at once and head on into the ride.

I’ll believe it when I see it. Not saying it won’t happen but this sounds slightly embellished.

No way it’s 15 minutes. That would be almost 2 minute long scenes, meaning the down elevator scene, which is a double length scene, would be 4 minutes. Yet the blurry video we saw was like 20 seconds.

I'm assuming they mean from when you enter the first resistance shuttle as that is technically the start of the adventure and also will be the main bottleneck.

Agreed. Definitely starts when you "enter and take off in the shuttle". Remember we are going to walk through the hanger scene and into prison cells, where we board the RVs. I bet this will have some type of video or planning scene. Almost like the video/Rocket scene from Tower of Terror, except on board the RV not standing.

Agreed. Definitely starts when you "enter and take off in the shuttle". Remember we are going to walk through the hanger scene and into prison cells, where we board the RVs. I bet this will have some type of video or planning scene.
if the actual 'ride' ends up being just 4 or 5 minutes....and that other stuff that isn't technically being called a pre show by Disney, but in the view of many it would be considered a pre show,.....there will be some disappointed people out there.

if the actual 'ride' ends up being just 4 or 5 minutes....and that other stuff that isn't technically being called a pre show by Disney, but in the view of many it would be considered a pre show,.....there will be some disappointed people out there.
Yea, because if we go through the history of this rumor we got:

Me - January: Claimed entire EXPERIENCE will last 28-minutes, but was misquoted by the media as it being a 30-minute RIDE.

An Imagineer - February: Corrected the rumor during a media preview and stated that it will not be that long, BUT it will be the largest and longest dark ride Disney has, leading many to believe it will at least be longer than 10 minutes, as that's how long some of the indoor boat rides are.

Also around February Chapek said it will be "the longest attraction we’ve ever developed with a ride vehicle."

Chapek - Last Night: Claimed we'll be chased by Kylo and the First Order for 15 minutes.

But ya know... Skull Island is the longest ride at Universal Orlando, and people think it's too short, so, what's in a length anyway?

People disappointed that SWGE doesn't live up to the insider info? C'MON!!!

Let's see, Smuggler's Run was supposed to be state of the art video and movement. I read multiple places parts of the ceiling would move, revealing more screen, etc.

What we got is, ummm, well, yeah.... A glare filled view of a screen you can't even tell is an all encompassing dome on a ride that makes no sense, while you're yelled at constantly by a guy you've never seen in a single Star Wars movie.

That was never a thing, not even in bluesky. So, one person probably posted his fan-boy wants, then other sites reported it as a rumor.

Kenny the Pirate sticks to ridiculous 15 minute ride length.

Unless the reported ride layout is a complete lie, and the RVs move at the speed of water, there simply is no way in hell.

Kenny the Pirate sticks to ridiculous 15 minute ride length.

Unless the reported ride layout is a complete lie, and the RVs move at the speed of water, there simply is no way in hell.
I’ve heard 4 min ride time from a lot of sources now. There’s just a lot of “preshow” type elements in a row to bulk up the total experience time.

It's going to bite them in the butt if all that 15 minute talk proves that most of it is what most frequent park goers would consider pre shows. And more so at Disneyland that's a heavy local and AP attended park. DHS, with mostly tourists, not so much....but the hard core fan community might be defiant, even if the 4 minute portion of the ride is 'great'. ....If it's truly only 4 minutes, or a bit more longer, Chapek would have been better off just being honest instead of cagey.

It's going to bite them in the butt if all that 15 minute talk proves that most of it is what most frequent park goers would consider pre shows. And more so at Disneyland that's a heavy local and AP attended park. DHS, with mostly tourists, not so much....but the hard core fan community might be defiant, even if the 4 minute portion of the ride is 'great'. ....If it's truly only 4 minutes, or a bit more longer, Chapek would have been better off just being honest instead of cagey.

I think for anybody going in expecting 15minutes and it ends after 4 are going to be disappointed, regardless of how good it is.

I think for anybody going in expecting 15minutes and it ends after 4 are going to be disappointed, regardless of how good it is.
Bad move by Chapek if this all turns out to be true. Most tourists won't know about the 15 minute claim....but many of the locals and AP's will. Like you, I'm guessing someone going in expecting a 15 minute ride, and they end up with 11 minutes of preshow and 4 minutes of an 'actual ride', would walk away somewhat disappointed. As we all know, EXPECTATIONS are one of the most crucial factors when it comes to attraction satisfaction.........If the ride is truly that great, an Executive shouldn't have to tell little white lies about how long it is. Let it be rated on it's merits, not how long it is.

If the total experience with shuttle, hangar, preshow, and then boarding to exit is 15 minutes... and that feels like a complete ride experience with all those included... I think it will be fine.

Disney has been doing this for awhile. I remember the first time I went on the Tower of Terror in 1995, the guide maps stated that the ride was 10 minutes long. Actually, it literally said 10-minute hotel visits were continuous all-day.

So the first time riding it, I was immensely disappointed when it was over after 3 minutes and change. It actually hampered my enjoyment of what is obviously a terrific attraction. It wasn't until subsequent rides, where I fully knew the realities of the Tower, that I was able to appreciate the quality.

Disney clearly was including the preshow in the attraction length. However, they have always been very inconsistent when it comes to that. Most of the other rides in the park map were actually accurate to their lengths. There is simply no reason to exaggerate ride times. It can only ruin expectations and enjoyment, not help it.

But anyone with any knowledge of modern theme park rides should have known a 15 minute ride is lunacy. Especially when water isn't the conveyance system.

I've been saying on here for months the ride would be around 4, MAYBE 5 minutes. THe layout made that fairly obvious. It seems the "insiders" are finally admitting to that.

4 minutes does seem awfully short to me. Thats like the ride time of Test Track. (Heck, that's even shorter than Mission:Space or Star Tours!).