Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 415 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Then there’s fundamental issues in the business structure...allowing a finance team to solely dictate to the creatives. It needs to be partnership between what works and what doesn’t. That doesn’t give me confidence in future projects.
More like synergy coming from the film division started the whole bad thing. They knew it was bad after they opened it in Hollywood, but the decision to put it in both parks was already made....Myself, I would have aborted Orlando at that point. But I'm just a nobody fan. :lol:....But, they know they messed up, so it's probably a good learning experience that will help them prevent a similar screw up t the new park.

Last edited:
Reactions: therock and UAN17
My guess is this must’ve figured a full version would attract guests on their vacations and with frequently having new films out then new merchandise opportunities always arise. I really don’t know though. If I were them I would have changed the ride vehicles on HRRR and the queue to re-theme to Fast And Furious.

My guess is this must’ve figured a full version would attract guests on their vacations and with frequently having new films out then new merchandise opportunities always arise. I really don’t know though. If I were them I would have changed the ride vehicles on HRRR and the queue to re-theme to Fast And Furious.
HRRR will also need a re-track at that point which might as well rip it out and put in a better coaster (not by Intamin though)

First time riding this today. I knew it was going to be bad, but oof so, so bad. Ended up in the front row which I think makes it worse because you can see the big flatbed thing in front of the ride vehicle plus having to turn my head like 120 degrees to see what was going on.

Worse than Fallon by a mile.

Also I did the version in California a few years back as part if the Tram Tour and expected this to be longer as it is a full ride. Pretty sure it was the same length. Very short

Last edited:
First time riding this today. I knew it was going to be bad, but oof so, so bad. Ended up in the front row which I think makes it worse because you can see the big flatbed thing in front of the ride vehicle plus having to turn my head like 120 degrees to see what was going on.

Worse than Fallon by a mile
Actually, unlike Kong where the first two rows are really bad, F&F first row may well be the best seat since the screen is also in front of you, unlike Kong. So you thought that seat was bad, the others are even worse....if that's at all believable. :lol:

The fact nobody at UC or the board saw this coming has led to serious questions about their ability to deliver a great none-HP project. It’s all so misguided...the fact they announced this with Fallon. Removing 2 practical experiences for more of the same. It’s resulted in a seriously unbalanced park which I feel is worse than it was 20 years ago.

Take me back to the twister / Kongfrontation / Jaws / Eathquake / Back to the future era. Only Gringotts & the Mummy have added value since 1999. We’re worse off now....Disney are correcting their issues with their Studio Park, which is (finally!) getting to the stage where it’s just about better than 2 decades back. Universal are playing catch up. By 2021 when Epcot has saw changes, Universal Studios will be the most regressed park in Florida.
I've realized this is where a lot of my frustration is coming from. Universal is arguably the reason Disney decided to wake up, and they're really not playing. Slowing the momentum from Potter with tepid additions is such an odd choice when Disney is being so aggressive. Again, I think they were banking so hard on Nintendo that they didn't care but the result is an unbalanced park. To be fair, I don't think Universal see Islands and USF as completely separate experiences.

I've realized this is where a lot of my frustration is coming from. Universal is arguably the reason Disney decided to wake up, and they're really not playing. Slowing the momentum from Potter with tepid additions is such an odd choice when Disney is being so aggressive. Again, I think they were banking so hard on Nintendo that they didn't care but the result is an unbalanced park. To be fair, I don't think Universal see Islands and USF as completely separate experiences.
I feel UC knew it wasn't going to work and management didn't care

I also think that Universal's market share has been growing at such a rapid pace that they could really care less what Epcot looks like

Not caring about what Disney does has been made even more clear by the tepid response to SWL

Just left universal yesterday. This ride was so bad we came to the conclusion they must have got it for free in a 2 for 1 with Kong. There are some rides I just don't like but this one has the distinction of me feeling like they should take the financial loss and just bulldoze this crap and start over. I can't believe any higher ups could possibly ride that and feel good about the decision. It's an embarrassment and actively damages how I feel about that park as a whole. Next trip we will just stick to IoA

The fact nobody at UC or the board saw this coming has led to serious questions about their ability to deliver a great none-HP project. It’s all so misguided...the fact they announced this with Fallon. Removing 2 practical experiences for more of the same. It’s resulted in a seriously unbalanced park which I feel is worse than it was 20 years ago.

Take me back to the twister / Kongfrontation / Jaws / Eathquake / Back to the future era. Only Gringotts & the Mummy have added value since 1999. We’re worse off now....Disney are correcting their issues with their Studio Park, which is (finally!) getting to the stage where it’s just about better than 2 decades back. Universal are playing catch up. By 2021 when Epcot has saw changes, Universal Studios will be the most regressed park in Florida.

There’s a large debate to be had about Universal’s ability to make a word class ride outside of the HP franchise but it’s not something I’m worried about with EU.

Nintendo is probably going to be working on Universal’s ass just as hard as Rowling was and everything in development sounds great.

I get the impression that Monsters is going to be worked on by a B team which allows for wild creativity and bigger risks to be taken. I’m not a fan of HHN at all but they seem to be knocking it out the park consistently that I think when they’re given a chance to make permanent attractions, they’re going to do something special.

Fantastic Beasts will be more of the same with Potter and everything they’ve done so far with the franchise has been top tier.

HTTYD lends itself so well to a theme park environment that it would be harder to mess it up than being a success.

As for the main hub, I think IOA is one of the best most cohesive theme park layouts that I’m not worried.

With Bourne, I’m not sure what to expect and I think the JP coaster might not be greatly themed but a good coaster is always going to be a fun and welcome addition.

Everything else between then and EU opening is up in the air in terms of how good it could be but I think F&F’s poor reception couldn’t have came at a better time. Universal now know what everybody wants, we’re looking at more practical rides no doubt about it and they never want a repeat of what happened. That’s the silver lining here.

Just left universal yesterday. This ride was so bad we came to the conclusion they must have got it for free in a 2 for 1 with Kong. There are some rides I just don't like but this one has the distinction of me feeling like they should take the financial loss and just bulldoze this crap and start over. I can't believe any higher ups could possibly ride that and feel good about the decision. It's an embarrassment and actively damages how I feel about that park as a whole. Next trip we will just stick to IoA
It certainly would improve the overall GSAT scores at USF if they closed it. It doesn't help capacity much either since they have slashed this rides capacity by more than half. And to think, this was originally a Virtual Line attraction. What a laugh. :lol:....and like Scott Walker said, at least Universal will learn from the really BIG Mistake this attraction was, and most especially how the public reacted to it.

There’s a large debate to be had about Universal’s ability to make a word class ride outside of the HP franchise but it’s not something I’m worried about with EU.

Nintendo is probably going to be working on Universal’s ass just as hard as Rowling was and everything in development sounds great.

I get the impression that Monsters is going to be worked on by a B team which allows for wild creativity and bigger risks to be taken. I’m not a fan of HHN at all but they seem to be knocking it out the park consistently that I think when they’re given a chance to make permanent attractions, they’re going to do something special.

Fantastic Beasts will be more of the same with Potter and everything they’ve done so far with the franchise has been top tier.

HTTYD lends itself so well to a theme park environment that it would be harder to mess it up than being a success.

As for the main hub, I think IOA is one of the best most cohesive theme park layouts that I’m not worried.

With Bourne, I’m not sure what to expect and I think the JP coaster might not be greatly themed but a good coaster is always going to be a fun and welcome addition.

Everything else between then and EU opening is up in the air in terms of how good it could be but I think F&F’s poor reception couldn’t have came at a better time. Universal now know what everybody wants, we’re looking at more practical rides no doubt about it and they never want a repeat of what happened. That’s the silver lining here.
I feel like UC is given many more resources when they deal with Potter.

Resources I'm sure will be available for EU

Reactions: tankart150
I don't think it's about resources, they can't offer more to Universal than they have with their own IPs.

The difference is that when it's an outside IP, the owner can say no or do better.
I feel there is an "anything for Potter" type mentality in management. I know that JK and WB are very detail oriented, but I also feel that they pull out all the stops for Potter in a way that they don't for other properties as they know it will have great returns.

Reactions: Andysol
The best part of this ride is actually the tunnel scene for me. It genuinely made it seem like the RV had started picking up the pace. Made me more excited for Mario kart.

Keep queue. Knock down ride for some sort of higher capacity railblazer in a box.
I'd never say no to another coaster and lord knows USF has enough launched coasters (5 when Jurassic opens), but it not being a launched coaster would be odd.

Another coaster at all would probably be kind of weird. I still think they should clone MK or use Gringott's ride system. There are probably enoungh Spiderman derivatives already, and I'm sure people would notice if they did clone Gringott's but I doubt anyone would care too much.

Last edited:
I usually don't post here, I just lurk for park updates but I had to post the other day to express how awful I felt about this experience. There I was on a day off from work at a theme park and me and my group spent a considerable amount of time talking about that ride instead of the other great attractions.

So today I decided to spend some of my time at work going back and reading other opinions in this thread in this ride and I must say, it's a gold mine of comedy.

Thank you all for this treasure trove that will keep me entertained for quite some time.

I usually don't post here, I just lurk for park updates but I had to post the other day to express how awful I felt about this experience. There I was on a day off from work at a theme park and me and my group spent a considerable amount of time talking about that ride instead of the other great attractions.

So today I decided to spend some of my time at work going back and reading other opinions in this thread in this ride and I must say, it's a gold mine of comedy.

Thank you all for this treasure trove that will keep me entertained for quite some time.
The epitome of unintended camp comedy.