Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Attendance Tracker

How long before outside food is banned entirely from the parks?
Never
Just saw a post on magic about a family of 5 that is "amazed at how much food they will let you bring in". What they listed is not on the parks radar, they are selling the experience which includes eating in the park and paying stupid prices for things.

I was actually able to have a pretty solid meal at Nine Dragons yesterday before IllumiNations and after discount it only cost $23 for my meal. Sure, expensive for Chinese Food, but it was good, we walked right it and were seated immediately (no reservation) and the service was great as well as the quality being well above a quick serve despite the price being similar.

Now if we're talking some of the more expensive WDW restaurants (and overhyped) like, say, Le Cellier, then yeah. Le Cellier used to be enjoyable, but now it's just living off of it's former reputation and the prices are ridiculous. Want to do a character meal at WDW (likely with a family of 3 or 4 minimum)? Get ready to shell out $200+. Etc, etc.

There are a few places like V&A's and Tukami Tei that are worth the splurge, but on the whole, the food at WDW isn't worth shelling out the money they are asking.
I really enjoyed Tiffins at Animal Kingdom.

With my family of 5, dining at any theme park can get quite expensive so I usually bring my own sandwiches/snacks to cover at least one meal and we'll eat breakfast beforehand. It's surprising how much food they let you bring in. For my 2 visits to DLR this summer, I brought 2 long premade sandwiches (cut up in to smaller portions) from Walmart, frozen GoGurt, assorted chips in quart-sized Ziplock bags, juice and other random snacks. That kept us going the entire 14-15 hours we were there. All we bought in the parks were 2 Ronto Wraps on one visit and a turkey leg to share on the other visit. Water is free throughout the parks so I brought 2 reusable water bottles.

At USH, I would bring 6 banh mi sandwiches with the same assortment of snacks. Same goes for SeaWorld and Legoland.

On the few Disney cruises I've been on, I even brought my own alcohol on board, which I believe was the only cruise line that allowed that at those times.

You can save a lot of money on food if you plan ahead.

Those days are long gone. Cruising has gotten pricey on their alcohol it makes their all you drink packages look a good value.

Those days are long gone. Cruising has gotten pricey on their alcohol it makes their all you drink packages look a good value.

My last Disney Cruise was in 2013 and I know they've tightened their alcohol policy sometime since then, but at least they still allow you to bring two 750 ml bottles of wine at the beginning and at each port of call.

My friends not too long ago got really creative and got dark bottles of cheap wine and filled it with an assortment of top-shelf 12-year old Scotch. They bought their own wine corker and shrink wrap and were able to successfully pass off 16 bottles of hard liquor as wine amongst the 8 of them. They never had to purchase alcohol on board.

I just saw a 'five minute' posted wait for Despicable Me at 3:00 PM. I don't think I've ever seen a line that short, especially mid afternoon. Must be a pretty dead day in the parks. Transformers & FJ at 10 minutes. Heh, September is over. This is October. ;):lol:

I just saw a 'five minute' posted wait for Despicable Me at 3:00 PM. I don't think I've ever seen a line that short, especially mid afternoon. Must be a pretty dead day in the parks. Transformers & FJ at 10 minutes. Heh, September is over. This is October. ;):lol:
Wednesday is also normally always the slowest day of the week.

Is there still no 3d? Because I wouldn't wait for that ride again unless they put it back. It could account for some of the lesser wait.
It's tough to tell for sure since parks have been so slow, except for a couple of weekends, since mid August. But, prior to that slow period, it appeared DM posted waits were lower than in the past. I'm guessing that others are like you and me and are riding it less, or not at all. I look at these Touring Plans actual and posted wait times just about every day, so it's not like something I only check every now and then.

Adding onto the DM conversation, my Bf and I did not ride this past trip due to the no 3D. As we said earlier, over correction for Universal or just plain cheap. It was some of the best 3D in the park. May ride this spring but eh without the 3D. Coming from someone who adores that franchise and finds the ride cute.

Glad attendance is back to normal. Didn't feel very busy in September for sure.

Just coming here to say... things seem to be back to normal this week.

Rumor has it this is Fall Break in Houston (4th largest city in the country, not sure as to the rest of Texas).

Expect next week to be busy as well, with central Florida schools out for a couple days.

Rumor has it this is Fall Break in Houston (4th largest city in the country, not sure as to the rest of Texas).

Expect next week to be busy as well, with central Florida schools out for a couple days.
Plus it's a holiday weekend. Many schools in this area of the country now schedule a Fall break in conjunction with it. That weekend in October has been quite busy for the past few years.

This is one of those weeks where NY/NJ/eastern PA schools all have a bunch of days off (Rosh Hashana yesterday, Columbus Day on Monday) so a lot of people take Thursday/Friday off for a five day escape to Orlando.