Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DL)

The doom and gloom is still ridiculous.
I don’t know why I even enter. I guess I’m curious if it will ever get better?

That’s fair. I just think saying Stat Wars as a property is dead is ridiculous.
I don’t know man. The final Joker trailer far surpassed the newest Rise of Skywalker trailer in views. I know several people who have been huge fans of SW that don’t even care about the newest movie....myself included. If they pull some dumb stunt in the movie like Rey goes back in time and becomes Shmi Skywalker, then I think that’s going to really damper any excitement I have for the ride.

I don’t know man. The final Joker trailer far surpassed the newest Rise of Skywalker trailer in views. I know several people who have been huge fans of SW that don’t even care about the newest movie....myself included. If they pull some dumb stunt in the movie like Rey goes back in time and becomes Shmi Skywalker, then I think that’s going to really damper any excitement I have for the ride.
JJ has said he’s not retconing anything from TLJ.

I bet there are a ton of people who visited the land, and didn't know a second ride is even coming. When someone says to them Disney's opening up the new Star Wars ride in December, they say, "oh I already rode it in Disneyland, that one's opening in Orlando, it's the same thing".

This whole rollout has to be confusing to people that don't follow along at all.

When it comes to Rise, I do have a feeling it'll be a good ride. But to be blunt, this ride has a lot more expectations placed on it due to how the opening of the rest of the land went.

I’m starting to wonder if this ride stands a chance to impress most, anymore. Even if this ride is an amazing attraction yet still to some, not a solid dark ride winner, how cynical will this community be that we waited half a year after land opening for something that isn’t even the best in its’ class. Disney did this to themselves. If all of this opened as one, this ride could have just been a great ride. Now....it has to be undoubtedly the best in the industry or it seems that most will be disappointed

I think Marvel is 10x more relevant than Star Wars. Yes they're still making movies but Star Wars is still someone of a niche fan-base, granted a very large one. But still pales in comparison to the general public's obsession with the MCU.

With that said if it's a great ride, it's a great ride and the IP is irrelevant. (WaterWorld, Splash Mountain, ect.)

It'd be like opening Hogsmeade without Forbidden Journey, or Diagon Alley without Gringotts. Why do they keep opening unfinished products? Disney's strategy is just so odd to me.
It's the "GREED comes first" short term strategy, based on presenting quarterly financial reports to investors.

It's the "GREED comes first" short term strategy, based on presenting quarterly financial reports to investors.
I understand its too late in the process to change this for Avengers Campus, but I think they'll find that they won't do this again. Its really mind boggling not opening your land fully. Even new Fantasyland didn't open with Seven Dwarf Mine Train if I recall correctly.

My main issue with Disney right now as a consumer is I don't really "trust" them. When they announce a project I have virtually no excitement anymore. Constantly promising you the world then failing to deliver on all ends with the final product. The lack of entertainment in SWGE is just appalling. Universal I'm sure has done this in the past too, but at least when they announce whats coming, it actually is what comes in the final product. Imagine if Uni announced Hagrid's and all their magical creatures, then we only get the Centaur and the Pixies. Thats what it feels like Disney is constantly doing now and it feels way too manipulative to me.

Plus with the budgets some of these attractions have they space out the cost over a number of years to keep the balance sheets looking good. At some point someone is gonna have to realize that imagineering’s cost are out of control.

I understand its too late in the process to change this for Avengers Campus, but I think they'll find that they won't do this again. Its really mind boggling not opening your land fully. Even new Fantasyland didn't open with Seven Dwarf Mine Train if I recall correctly.

My main issue with Disney right now as a consumer is I don't really "trust" them. When they announce a project I have virtually no excitement anymore. Constantly promising you the world then failing to deliver on all ends with the final product. The lack of entertainment in SWGE is just appalling. Universal I'm sure has done this in the past too, but at least when they announce whats coming, it actually is what comes in the final product. Imagine if Uni announced Hagrid's and all their magical creatures, then we only get the Centaur and the Pixies. Thats what it feels like Disney is constantly doing now and it feels way too manipulative to me.

The early opening could have been all in good intentions.

I think the general consensus was that Rise would open in December at WDW with the rest of the land.

Disney probably thought that the rest of the land would be ready anyway, so why not open it and start making money now. Obviously it has backfired.

In a years time, nobody is going to care of Rose delivers like it should.

The early opening could have been all in good intentions.

I think the general consensus was that Rise would open in December at WDW with the rest of the land.

Disney probably thought that the rest of the land would be ready anyway, so why not open it and start making money now. Obviously it has backfired.

In a years time, nobody is going to care of Rose delivers like it should.
Im not sure no one will care, but it will certainly change the conversation. I expect Rise to deliver and I'll love it but we'll see where attendance goes from here on both coasts.

Its just weird with SWGE though, one of my best friends family travels at least once a year to WDW (they're quite rich lol) and they didn't even know another Star Wars ride was going to be opening later this year. Im frankly not sure how, but they weren't aware. Idk if this is the general consensus amongst guests visiting but it was an odd perspective.

Im not sure no one will care, but it will certainly change the conversation. I expect Rise to deliver and I'll love it but we'll see where attendance goes from here on both coasts.

Its just weird with SWGE though, one of my best friends family travels at least once a year to WDW (they're quite rich lol) and they didn't even know another Star Wars ride was going to be opening later this year. Im frankly not sure how, but they weren't aware. Idk if this is the general consensus amongst guests visiting but it was an odd perspective.
Maybe Iger will tweet them?

We obviously know, we spend enough time on a forum dedicated to it.

Sometimes it’s just weird listening to people talk about Orlando. One of my best friends went and his favourite ride was Popeyes by a mile and I’m not knocking Popeyes, it’s a great ride but to rank that far above everything else is an unusual take.

Somebody else I knew, spent weeks talking to me about Orlando before going. He went with his girlfriends family, very wealthy. Stayed at the best hotels, done every park, expensive meals. All he could talk about when coming home was Red Lobster. Everything else in Orlando was secondary to his dinner at Red Lobster one night.

It’s crazy.