Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DL)

Most of the people we talk to that are going to WDW have absolutely no idea of what's new or what's coming, or even most of the stuff that's there already. I think we all over emphasize the importance of all that stuff to tourists coming from outside the Florida area.

Oh I understand we know more and care more so we're more on top of things here on IU, but this family is like Disney die hards. I really found it surprising how unaware they were. Is Rise really just not getting like any attention nationally?

It'd be like opening Hogsmeade without Forbidden Journey, or Diagon Alley without Gringotts. Why do they keep opening unfinished products? Disney's strategy is just so odd to me.
I believe that they felt they would essentially be getting “two crowd pumping grand openings” for the price of opening only one land. Whether you think that’s true or worked, is up to you to decide

Last edited:
I believe that they felt they would essentially be getting “two crowd pumping grand openings” for the price of opening only one land. Whether you think that’s true or worked, is up to you to decide
I understand the intention. But when you cut your entertainment along with not opening the first ride, that’s a major problem. Avengers Campus seems to have mostly everything except for the Avengers E Ticket.

Seems like a very similar scenario tbh

Seems like it but it's not. Avengers was a multi-phase project by design. Galaxy's Edge was intended to fully open on day 1 (at least in terms of both SR and ROTR). Also, we'll be seeing a TON of entertainment upon opening of AC. In fact, a major reason why a lot of entertainment was cut from GE opening day (we'll see a lot of that entertainment added throughout the coming years to GE) was due to pooling more resources in to developing multiple show experiences for AC.

I would have been more excited for this land if it were a place that I recognized from the original trilogy. And for those dismissing people that have a similar opinion to me.....remember that Star Wars fans from the 70s & 80s have children & grandchildren.

I don't think it would have made much of a difference tbh. I think it would get you more excited to go but it wouldn't really change the experience when you're there.

I need to write a review about GE from my recent trip but the more I think about it, the more I think that Star Wars just doesn't lend itself to a theme park environment that well.

It's a good point about the original trilogy fans though. They're the people will with the money and they're the ones dictating where vacations are spent and gone.

I don't think it would have made much of a difference tbh. I think it would get you more excited to go but it wouldn't really change the experience when you're there.

I need to write a review about GE from my recent trip but the more I think about it, the more I think that Star Wars just doesn't lend itself to a theme park environment that well.

It's a good point about the original trilogy fans though. They're the people will with the money and they're the ones dictating where vacations are spent and gone.

"Get you more excited to go" being the key part that Disney execs are now gnashing their teeth over.

I would have been more excited for this land if it were a place that I recognized from the original trilogy. And for those dismissing people that have a similar opinion to me.....remember that Star Wars fans from the 70s & 80s have children & grandchildren.
Yes I would of loved the original Star Wars trilogy better also. I don't get the reason why they went and made up a new SW world. Could you imagine if Universal would of did the Harry Potter area's way before the books and movies. I would of loved to be in the Jabba the Hut's area, Loved to be on Endor, etc.

I have been there maybe 2 times now and it is just stale looking except to see the MF, all of the ships around the land. I did however like the Oga's canteen, was excited to look around at some of the stuff.

However, I can't wait for RotR. From what i have seen with the SWGE special they had on Freeform it looks really fun, and I hope it gets finished in both DHS and DL Especially since we are taking our nephews to the park for a few days, and they way more excited for RotR. They didn't like SR and they are gamers. I have seen the new Twitter post with cast members on the ride, and showing some areas, so it looks really fun, if that is what the ride will be, or they just did a digital type effect to make it look like it will be original, fun, and opening on the dates they gave.

I have come to believe that the IP a ride is based on has little impact on its popularity. However, the quality of a ride has a major impact on a ride's popularity. People are not coming to the land now mainly because the word on the internet is that Smugglers Run is not very good. If Rise is amazing, positive word of mouth will spread, and people will come.

Last edited:
I have come to believe that the IP a ride is based on has little impact on its popularity. However, the quality of a ride has a major impact on a ride's popularity. People are not coming to the land now mainly because the word on the internet is that Smugglers Run is not very good. If Rise is amazing, positive word of mouth will spread, and people will come.
Agree, see: Pandora and Flight of Passage

I think this is true long-term.

Short-term, it's all about IP and how big the expansion is.

Pandora was super popular short-term because it was a really big expansion for AK (and a fairly well-known IP to boot). Pandora has been popular long-term because it's a fantastic land with a fantastic ride.

The following video doesn't reveal much more than what's already been leaked, but I think it does provide a good visual summary of the scenes and storyline in the ride. We're just months away, folks! Don't watch if you don't wanna be spoiled.

I’m starting to wonder if this ride stands a chance to impress most, anymore. Even if this ride is an amazing attraction yet still to some, not a solid dark ride winner, how cynical will this community be that we waited half a year after land opening for something that isn’t even the best in its’ class. Disney did this to themselves. If all of this opened as one, this ride could have just been a great ride. Now....it has to be undoubtedly the best in the industry or it seems that most will be disappointed

This 150% is on the community and the fans. If they want it to be bad, then they will see it as such. I'm pretty sure we all know for the most part what this ride will be by now.

I’m starting to wonder if this ride stands a chance to impress most, anymore. Even if this ride is an amazing attraction yet still to some, not a solid dark ride winner, how cynical will this community be that we waited half a year after land opening for something that isn’t even the best in its’ class. Disney did this to themselves. If all of this opened as one, this ride could have just been a great ride. Now....it has to be undoubtedly the best in the industry or it seems that most will be disappointed

Conversely there will be fans jumping up and down at any new attraction, so there will be lots of noise when this thing opens with very few people sharing honest feelings.

Pandora has been popular long-term because it's a fantastic land with a fantastic ride.

Is it popular? Is it fantastic? $10 Banshees and they’re still adjusting the entertainment offerings makes me think they are struggling with engagement.

Conversely there will be fans jumping up and down at any new attraction, so there will be lots of noise when this thing opens with very few people sharing honest feelings.

Is it popular? Is it fantastic? $10 Banshees and they’re still adjusting the entertainment offerings makes me think they are struggling with engagement.
RotR will really need to be a grand slam. Reportedly high attendance at Disneyland the past week due to Fall school breaks and Columbus Day holiday....but some Disney oriented site's forum posters are saying GESWL was dead for the most part.

RotR will really need to be a grand slam. Reportedly high attendance at Disneyland the past week due to Fall school breaks and Columbus Day holiday....but some Disney oriented site's forum posters are saying GESWL was dead for the most part.

I mean... I saw photos from inside the land this weekend... and wait times. It was definitely not dead.