Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

I've seen some clips on Twitter, but did anyone find out what exactly that Stranger Things experience was inside of the Cyber Image store?

Had a very nice night tonight. Went solo for the first time this year, but it was my fifth visit total. Grabbed a room at Sapphire Falls (on the company dime wooo). Started with dinner at Vivo (I wasn’t impressed). Entered the line for my first house at 7:11pm, and exited my last house at 1:02am. Got in 21 house runs altogether, my high for this year. But man am I beat!

Had a very nice night tonight. Went solo for the first time this year, but it was my fifth visit total. Grabbed a room at Sapphire Falls (on the company dime wooo). Started with dinner at Vivo (I wasn’t impressed). Entered the line for my first house at 7:11pm, and exited my last house at 1:02am. Got in 21 house runs altogether, my high for this year. But man am I beat!

Wow that's quite a run... was this with or without express?

I got 20 house runs in last night with Express. I’ll still have to make sure it holds up over the rest of my nights, but I think Universal Monsters is the best house I’ve ever done (25 was my first year). It’s the perfect blend of intense scares and theming.

To somewhat change the subject, while the event has certainly become way more crowded over the years, I'm amused at the number of people who act like they pulsed lines before ~2012.

We got an unintended (& not really a...) pulse in Universal Monsters last night. Absolutely nobody in the queue as we walked our way towards the house, which got me scared before entering! Then nobody in front or behind us at all... I’ve never had a more terrifying experience, getting absolutely every scare and not had that experience of having to find my way through and getting the path right! When we left I was in between laughter and crying and it was just incredible. I’m guessing the scare actors must have loved it as I am a big “jumper” and screamer even when in long conga lines, never mind this! Although I loved it, I couldn’t quite manage much more after this house as I was actually shaken :)

Surprisingly, Wednesday this week was way more crowded than Thursday. But then again, when I got back to my AirBNB and got on Twitter I saw that basically every HHN/Dis Twitter person was there so maybe that was why? lol Had a lot of fun this year, but working early hours at my current job must have messed with my body more than I thought cause out of my entire week, I could only manage one full day at a park (6am-9pm at DHS) and was home early basically every night except that one.

Surprisingly, Wednesday this week was way more crowded than Thursday. But then again, when I got back to my AirBNB and got on Twitter I saw that basically every HHN/Dis Twitter person was there so maybe that was why? lol Had a lot of fun this year, but working early hours at my current job must have messed with my body more than I thought cause out of my entire week, I could only manage one full day at a park (6am-9pm at DHS) and was home early basically every night except that one.

lines last night never went higher than 45 for most houses, even Ghostbusters was like 45-50 mmost of the night, not sure why.
streets werent empty so it wasnt a lack of guests

Vanity ball has had actors talking to their friends every single night of the event basically, from hearing from u guys and my own experience. This is the norm. Its not being stopped and it is happening very in the open, where everyone can see.

Must be the same employees from Vamp last year :grin:

DbfjuLX.png

Just wanna throw out a personal thing that really, really bothers me this year.

So, maybe oversharing, but my dad recently died of a lung disease after smoking since he was twelve years old. It’s been two years, I’m only twenty now, and I haven’t had many encounters with death, especially of those so close to me, so I’m only just now starting to handle it well. Because of all of that, several things cause me to sort of go 100 mph in my brain and seize up for lack of a better term. It’s not a panic attack, but it’s something, and even though I’m aware of it when it happens, I can’t stop it.

When I go to a theme park, I expect a) for people to have some semblance of respect towards others, and b) for staff to take care of those that don’t. I just got to experience an unmoving Yeti line with two men right in front of me who shamelessly took out an entire pack of cigarettes, without any sneakiness, and just lit up. In a queue. I counted, and seven different team members, including three managers, were gathered in the same area not even forty feet away, laughing and talking. No ops saw these guys, even though they’d stepped behind the rope boundary and were clearly in an area (under the Rockit) that they weren’t supposed to be in and were clearly visible to the group.

I waited for a good five minutes, holding my nose and holding back tears while praying for someone to please come say something. A manager came up behind them, but said nothing. I don’t know what she was doing, but it didn’t have anything to do with these guests in front of her face.

I’ve been under the impression that Universal has several designated smoking areas which still applied even during Horror Nights, but I guess it isn’t regulated. I left the queue in tears because of this heavy cigarette smell and secondhand smoke I couldn’t get away from. Just imagine if I were replaced with an older visitor, or a guest with lung issues? Not only is it very uncomfortable for me, but it would be extremely dangerous for them. I wish people really cared about rules; I’ve had example after example of ops being inexperienced as well as testimonials from actual scareactors about it, but this sucks.

TL;DR - Abby is a sensitive baby and can’t stand people smoking cigarettes in queues and not getting any kind of reprimand about it.

So, maybe oversharing, but my dad recently died of a lung disease after smoking since he was twelve years old. It’s been two years, I’m only twenty now, and I haven’t had many encounters with death, especially of those so close to me, so I’m only just now starting to handle it well. Because of all of that, several things cause me to sort of go 100 mph in my brain and seize up for lack of a better term. It’s not a panic attack, but it’s something, and even though I’m aware of it when it happens, I can’t stop it.

When I go to a theme park, I expect a) for people to have some semblance of respect towards others, and b) for staff to take care of those that don’t. I just got to experience an unmoving Yeti line with two men right in front of me who shamelessly took out an entire pack of cigarettes, without any sneakiness, and just lit up. In a queue. I counted, and seven different team members, including three managers, were gathered in the same area not even forty feet away, laughing and talking. No ops saw these guys, even though they’d stepped behind the rope boundary and were clearly in an area (under the Rockit) that they weren’t supposed to be in and were clearly visible to the group.

I waited for a good five minutes, holding my nose and holding back tears while praying for someone to please come say something. A manager came up behind them, but said nothing. I don’t know what she was doing, but it didn’t have anything to do with these guests in front of her face.

I’ve been under the impression that Universal has several designated smoking areas which still applied even during Horror Nights, but I guess it isn’t regulated. I left the queue in tears because of this heavy cigarette smell and secondhand smoke I couldn’t get away from. Just imagine if I were replaced with an older visitor, or a guest with lung issues? Not only is it very uncomfortable for me, but it would be extremely dangerous for them. I wish people really cared about rules; I’ve had example after example of ops being inexperienced as well as testimonials from actual scareactors about it, but this sucks.

TL;DR - Abby is a sensitive baby and can’t stand people smoking cigarettes in queues and not getting any kind of reprimand about it.
That’s honestly horrible. Not only should Ops have done their job, all of the scareactors have the ability to talk to immediately go backstage and talk to their stage manager before the group leaves and overall make sure stuff like that doesn’t happen. That’s a complete house management problem with everyone at fault.

That’s honestly horrible. Not only should Ops done their job, all of the scareactors have the ability to talk to their stage manager and make sure stuff like that doesn’t happen. That’s a complete house management problem with everyone at fault.
It was just way back in the queue; this wasn’t something a scareactor would have seen. The point just around the bend in the fence where you can see the big concrete gap under the Rockit was where this crowd was gathered. I’m just like...one ops girl came over to check on a girl that was laying on the ground (clearly drunk, but conscious), the others were just talking. Not to let the cast member jump out of me, but that would not fly with the eye that Disney keeps on people. If I were able to get away from it, I’d even be okay with that, but I feel awful being trapped there like that and it shouldn’t just be a me-problem.

this is the kind of thing guest services needs to know about. try to contact them. tell them the time when it happened

this is the kind of thing guest services needs to know about. try to contact them. tell them the time when it happened
I don’t know. I don’t want to sound like I’m bitching or trying to complain so I can get something out of them. Ops in general has been off this season and I’m sure it’s been mentioned to someone over the course of this event. I’m mostly just annoyed that this could actually be a danger to certain people, like I said, but I don’t have anyone with me to prove that point. I just get worked up because I lowkey panic :^(.