E.T. Adventure General Discussion | Page 51 | Inside Universal Forums
  • Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Supposedly the ride system is no longer supported by the manufacturer. So that would basically mean that a major refurb to another IP wouldn't be pursued. If ET goes, so goes the entire building inside, so you're talking about an expensive new attraction taking a few years to build, not just refurb costs. Doubt that would happen, especially with ET being one of the few non screen attractions in USF.

Supposedly the ride system is no longer supported by the manufacturer. So that would basically mean that a major refurb to another IP wouldn't be pursued. If ET goes, so goes the entire building inside, so you're talking about an expensive new attraction taking a few years to build, not just refurb costs. Doubt that would happen, especially with ET being one of the few non screen attractions in USF.

Given the reaction to F&F, I don’t see another screen attraction replacing a practical ride.

Everything seems a little quiet on the new ride rumour front just now. Sure, we have Bourne and JP coming but given how spoiled we’ve been recently, I expect some rumours to be starting soon.

Okay, besides something like stranger things,
What could realistically replace ET right now? What property?

If you're keeping the building and ride system, I don't see anything working but Stranger Things but if we're talking about demolishing the building and starting from scratch? I'd like to see SpongeBob. USF needs a water ride and it keeps the theme running within Kidzone.

Getting creative, you could reach 2.5 acres which is similar to Doodley's.

Okay, besides something like stranger things,
What could realistically replace ET right now? What property?

If you're keeping the building and ride system, I don't see anything working but Stranger Things but if we're talking about demolishing the building and starting from scratch? I'd like to see SpongeBob. USF needs a water ride and it keeps the theme running within Kidzone.

Getting creative, you could reach 2.5 acres which is similar to Doodley's.
Spongebob works with current ride system. His world is entirely underwater. You can “float” and “bounce” in completely natural ways.

Honestly, Spongebob would replace ET before Stranger Things would.

Given the reaction to F&F, I don’t see another screen attraction replacing a practical ride.

Everything seems a little quiet on the new ride rumour front just now. Sure, we have Bourne and JP coming but given how spoiled we’ve been recently, I expect some rumours to be starting soon.
I fear that we aren't getting anything until after Epic Universe. JP is opening 2021, Bourne 2020, EU likely 2023 assuming construction goes well. It doesn't give them a ton of time to shut something down, demolish/reskin, and open before 2023 at this point. My only guess would be SLOP or something similar replaces Shrek or Animal Actors, and we get full kid zone replacement after EU opens. I just think realistically thats our timeline here.

Reactions: truejonas
I fear that we aren't getting anything until after Epic Universe. JP is opening 2021, Bourne 2020, EU likely 2023 assuming construction goes well. It doesn't give them a ton of time to shut something down, demolish/reskin, and open before 2023 at this point. My only guess would be SLOP or something similar replaces Shrek or Animal Actors, and we get full kid zone replacement after EU opens. I just think realistically thats our timeline here.

I just don’t see nothing happening until after EU. Given the current Disney situation, now is the time for Universal to go all in.

Offering a great alternative to Disney at a cheaper price sounds like a good strategy.
Spongebob works with current ride system. His world is entirely underwater. You can “float” and “bounce” in completely natural ways.

Honestly, Spongebob would replace ET before Stranger Things would.

I would take Spongebob in a heartbeat over Stranger Things and I like Stranger Things more. It appeals to so many and lends itself to a good ride.

I just don’t see them using the ET ride system if it’s no longer supported. Keep the building, maybe but if you’re building a new ride, you don’t want mechanical issues.

I just don’t see nothing happening until after EU. Given the current Disney situation, now is the time for Universal to go all in.

Offering a great alternative to Disney at a cheaper price sounds like a good strategy.

I would take Spongebob in a heartbeat over Stranger Things and I like Stranger Things more. It appeals to so many and lends itself to a good ride.

I just don’t see them using the ET ride system if it’s no longer supported. Keep the building, maybe but if you’re building a new ride, you don’t want mechanical issues.
I just feel they’re spending so much $ right now there may not be enough lol. I’d love for Spongebob to take over though. I hope I’m wrong however. My hope would be a new show at Toon Lagoon or in Seuss Lansing, and kidzone replaced with SLOP, Trolls show, Trolls E Ticket, and dreamworks store/meet n greet. But, we shall see. I’d also assume we’d hear rumors soon because we would need some things to close to be open for 2022 lol

I just feel they’re spending so much $ right now there may not be enough lol. I’d love for Spongebob to take over though. I hope I’m wrong however. My hope would be a new show at Toon Lagoon or in Seuss Lansing, and kidzone replaced with SLOP, Trolls show, Trolls E Ticket, and dreamworks store/meet n greet. But, we shall see. I’d also assume we’d hear rumors soon because we would need some things to close to be open for 2022 lol

Spending money is never a problem providing that they're making it back. IOA needs love no doubt about it but for balance, I think USF needs something first.

E.T. should never go. It should stay as the Peter Pan ride of USF. Also, this is the only family left ride in the park. My grandfather visited the park recently at the age of 81 and he said the park beat him up a lot. He rhode everything btw.

Last edited:
Universal is building a brand new park and we're talking about replacing ET? Why?
Not just this...but we have that abandoned theater sitting in Toon Lagoon, another one in Lost continent, and basically a third in the trash heap known as Fear Factor Live. How about we fix these glaring issues and use up their spaces before we start trying to destroy ET...

They should contract with Intamin to maintain the ride going forward. This will insure success. :bolt:

I'd love to see it stay. As slightly cheesy as it is, I always look forward to riding it.

In my heart of hearts though, I think when Kidzone gets torn up, ET is going to be gone, too. I'm open to being surprised by a total refurb (maybe even from the ground up a la Hulk), but if I take off the nostalgia goggles, it doesn't need to stay.

Reactions: JoeCamel
I'd love to see it stay. As slightly cheesy as it is, I always look forward to riding it.

In my heart of hearts though, I think when Kidzone gets torn up, ET is going to be gone, too. I'm open to being surprised by a total refurb (maybe even from the ground up a la Hulk), but if I take off the nostalgia goggles, it doesn't need to stay.
ET gone. Not necessarily. Even when they were on the verge of tearing KZ down and replacing it with a full fledged three ride Nintendo World, ET was staying. GSAT scores were helping save it.

Last edited:
Reactions: truejonas