Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney Skyliner - Gondola Transportation System

100% expected that disney would be that cheap with the comps.

Claustrophobic people don't really make decisions based on statistics, but on avoiding any tight spaces they would lose it getting stuck in.

100% expected that disney would be that cheap with the comps.

Claustrophobic people don't really make decisions based on statistics, but on avoiding any tight spaces they would lose it getting stuck in.

They are a business after all. They’re not going to give more than they have to.

Hope she isn't planning on riding the monorails, busses and watercrafts either since all of those have had serious (and fatal) accidents as well....

Some people don't like heights, and the method of evacuation looks like a white-knuckle experience as well. Also, buses, monorails, and watercraft aren't dangling by a cable yards in the air. Count me as one who will not be riding these things, especially after this.

Some people don't like heights, and the method of evacuation looks like a white-knuckle experience as well. Also, buses, monorails, and watercraft aren't dangling by a cable yards in the air. Count me as one who will not be riding these things, especially after this.

I absolutely will.

Hell, I'd hope for something like this to happen in similar circumstances and see what I can get.

They can keep the gift card and park ticket in exchange for an unlimited FP ticket. 3 Hours in a box in exchange for many hours saved waiting in line.

I absolutely will.

Hell, I'd hope for something like this to happen in similar circumstances and see what I can get.

They can keep the gift card and park ticket in exchange for an unlimited FP ticket. 3 Hours in a box in exchange for many hours saved waiting in line.
How many days of unlimited fastpasses would it take to make up for lost time from the mouse understaffing "slower" days on purpose? Can I get that comp?

I absolutely will.

Disney finally gets a thrill ride, and yet people complain. ;):yikes:

Not surprised the free park hopper came out. It costs Disney’s nothing to comp a park ticket. What if you are an AP though? A comp park pass means nothing. I’d be after fastpasses or a comp nights stay.

Some people don't like heights, and the method of evacuation looks like a white-knuckle experience as well.

This is exactly what I thought seeing the photos. I can’t believe that’s the evacuation system they’ve designed and certified, and that they didn’t have vehicles or lifts available for a high-level evacuation in every instance. I bet plenty of people were terrified of just jumping out harnessed to a cable.

This is exactly what I thought seeing the photos. I can’t believe that’s the evacuation system they’ve designed and certified, and that they didn’t have vehicles or lifts available for a high-level evacuation in every instance. I bet plenty of people were terrified of just jumping out harnessed to a cable.

Some of the areas are over water. That's the only choice.

from Micechat..."Disney initially denied that there was an accident at all, calling it unscheduled downtime. However, Reedy Creek Firefighters publicly complained about the incident. ".......Not being openly truthful is problematic. The new WDW President doesn't look very good in his first week on the job.
This is how Disney has always operated. Chapek is a virus, but he isn’t to blame for every little thing.

I can only hope an incident like this will shorten the lift lines at my local ski areas.
Yes. Plus I'm definitely looking forward to using the Skyliner while I'm on my Nov. trip to AA. Hopefully this keeps some people from using it so the lines are short. Right now, it's kind of essential with the personal touring plan I have. Damn the Disney reservations and fastpass plus system that forces you to over plan to have a decent vacation. The main reason I don't do WDW every year anymore, just once every few years, and only if there' plenty of new stuff.

CM evacuation process

giphy.gif

Yes. Plus I'm definitely looking forward to using the Skyliner while I'm on my Nov. trip to AA. Hopefully this keeps some people from using it so the lines are short. Right now, it's kind of essential with the personal touring plan I have. Damn the Disney reservations and fastpass plus system that forces you to over plan to have a decent vacation. The main reason I don't do WDW every year anymore, just once every few years, and only if there' plenty of new stuff.
The lines have never been long for the Skyliner...