Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney Skyliner - Gondola Transportation System

Please tell me that this isn’t what you think the entirety of the Skyliner Story to be, because... no.
What was the primary engineering issue with the canal?

Like I said, regale me with stories that I don’t already know about this thing.

Last edited:
Well you’re right about one of those two things - pretty much everything about this has been locked in since early-mid 2016.

wow, just read all the details. There are Gondolas that are too high for evacuation? How does this pass code? How can that be legal?

As someone with a fear of heights, having to evacuate via zip line, is really really troubling. Can you imagine how scared some of those people/children were?

Can you imagine how scared some of those people/children were?

If the parents aren't freaking out, the kids won't (baring a mental condition). Kids are damned resilient, and a good parent knows when to put on a brave face if they're mentally able to. It also won't be permanently scarring to anyone (again, baring a mental condition). I think there's a lot of kids that would've loved it; mine would have been more than fine, for example. Boredom would be the bigger concern IMO.

If, for whatever reason, someone did have a mental condition or higher propensity of anxiety due to the situation; then they could sue under the "eggshell" aspect. Not saying they'd win, but that's the avenue they could take if they truly suffered.

Dumb question, how does one zip line out an infant/toddler/both?
Probably strapped to a board or being carried by a firefighter.

Funny side story, I participated in a monorail evacuation once and they asked for a volunteer to be in a wheelchair. One guy raised his hand eagerly and volunteered then had lots of fun rolling around in it. It wasn’t till he was already in the train being evacuated that he learned they would strap him to a board and lower him down. It didn’t look fun especially for anyone with any fear of heights.

I will bring up a point that no one has yet... for women riding the skyliner, make sure to hold on to your dress if you’re wearing one. With the air flow up from the bottom, dresses are a bad mix for this system.

I will bring up a point that no one has yet... for women riding the skyliner, make sure to hold on to your dress if you’re wearing one. With the air flow up from the bottom, dresses are a bad mix for this system.
Stupid Judy, stupid energy

Jim%20Winterbottom%20and%20Chris%20Carrier.jpg