Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

Two good smooth rides last week and no headbanging for the first time ever. All the planets must have been perfectly aligned.....And to top it off, I finally talked Alene into riding it. It had been a standing joke every vacation that I would ask her if she would give it a try. She always said no , never ever, and that it looked too scary. Unexpectedly, this time she said she would try it 'once'. She rode it and surprisingly said she liked it, but she had kept her eyes closed during the entire ride. But she said she wanted to do it again, with her eyes open. So the next day she rode it a second time, and loved it. She had me take a photo of her next to the Hulk statue, with both her arms extended thumbs up. She posted it on her Facebook page and got a ton of likes. As she bragged that she had conquered her fears....And, as a reward, I bought her a Hulk coffee mug at the MSHI comic store. It now sits on her desk at Children's Hospital as a bragging symbol, and a good cup to drink her coffee from.
That is a great story. I'm so happy you both can enjoy the Hulk now. The Hulk mug is a great gesture. I'm wondering why she changed her mind. Is there another coaster you are going to ask her to ride?

That is a great story. I'm so happy you both can enjoy the Hulk now. The Hulk mug is a great gesture. I'm wondering why she changed her mind. Is there another coaster you are going to ask her to ride?
Just a guess, but I had surprised her with a suite at the Royal Pacific, instead of the regular room she was expecting. She was excited and perhaps more open to suggestion. I was taken aback when she gave in to my, what had become, robotic request. She had previously rode Dragons a number of times, though she was meh about it. And she rode RRR once and didn't care for it, and won't ride it anymore.She loves Areosmith but hates Space Mountain. Mummy she likes, but sometimes it hurts her back. One ride on Space Mountain, so rough, and she said never again. ....On the Hulk mug. We had walked into the comic store after riding Hulk the second time & SpiderMan. The Hulk mug caught her eye and she mentioned how cool it looked. I noted that. Later in the day I made an excuse to walk back through MSHI. I walked into the comic store with her, went to the shelf, picked up the Hulk mug, and told her I was buying it for her as a reward. She really loves that little gift.

Two good smooth rides last week and no headbanging for the first time ever. All the planets must have been perfectly aligned.....And to top it off, I finally talked Alene into riding it. It had been a standing joke every vacation that I would ask her if she would give it a try. She always said no , never ever, and that it looked too scary. Unexpectedly, this time she said she would try it 'once'. She rode it and surprisingly said she liked it, but she had kept her eyes closed during the entire ride. But she said she wanted to do it again, with her eyes open. So the next day she rode it a second time, and loved it. She had me take a photo of her next to the Hulk statue, with both her arms extended thumbs up. She posted it on her Facebook page and got a ton of likes. As she bragged that she had conquered her fears....And, as a reward, I bought her a Hulk coffee mug at the MSHI comic store. It now sits on her desk at Children's Hospital as a bragging symbol, and a good cup to drink her coffee from.
Awesome story! Glad you both had fun, it's always fun converting people on rides. My experience with the Hulk was that it was smooth, but at the same time The Beast at Kings Island is one of my favorite coasters anywhere so maybe I just have a high tolerance for roughness?

Awesome story! Glad you both had fun, it's always fun converting people on rides. My experience with the Hulk was that it was smooth, but at the same time The Beast at Kings Island is one of my favorite coasters anywhere so maybe I just have a high tolerance for roughness?
:thumbsup: I love the Beast, and most all wooden coasters. But it's many years since I've been to King's Island to ride it. I'm mostly a Universal/Disney theme park person now. Age has a habit of doing that.

Reading the start of this out of context...

Repost from the MSHI Expansion thread. Forgot there was a Hulk thread.

Did they lower the volume of the Hulk roar? I'm certain the roar was a lot louder when I was at the park last year. This week, it was just barely audible thru out MSHI. It was also barely noticable when we were in the launch tunnel.

Also, the onboard audio on my car was not working at all. So I again did not get to experience the ride with the soundtrack.

So Hulk is running SUPERBLY right now. Silky smooth and the audio is really cranked up.
For 10 years of trips to Universal , Alene was intimidated by the Hulk and wouldn't ride it. FINALLY, in May she tried it and loved it. Even did some repeat rides. She called it super smooth. And, just last week, when talking about our Nov. trip, I mentioned we wouldn't be riding much at Universal since most of our time would be spent doing the Christmas stuff. Her reply was that's fine, as long as she gets to ride the Hulk again since it's so smooth and so much fun..

I can’t believe I haven’t posted here since I finally rode the refurbished Hulk a few weeks back, shame on me, but WOW indeed! The launch scene was freaking epic (pun intended), loved FOB so loved the soundtrack automatically, smoothest launch I’ve ever had on it that I can remember, and we had an awesome crowd. Everyone slow clapped until the first launch and it timed nearly perfect. God was such a blast and other than Hagrid’s was the best ride of our trip easily. This ride is an all timer for me.

It’s been probably 7 years since I rode the Hulk since it was down last time I was at Universal. Does anyone remember or know how different the ride vehicles are this time? Seats were comfy especially for a coaster lol. Beats Mummy in that sense

For 10 years of trips to Universal , Alene was intimidated by the Hulk and wouldn't ride it. FINALLY, in May she tried it and loved it. Even did some repeat rides. She called it super smooth. And, just last week, when talking about our Nov. trip, I mentioned we wouldn't be riding much at Universal since most of our time would be spent doing the Christmas stuff. Her reply was that's fine, as long as she gets to ride the Hulk again since it's so smooth and so much fun..

...and I guess some people also like it smooth.