Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Waits and Uptime Reports - Hagrid’s Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

Excellent... I'm not in the parks, but just from what I see online it seems like the they are treating it like an old hoopty you got for free from your grandpa... Where it can only handle so many miles a day before it stalls out on you and you cross your fingers that you get to your destination before the engine starts smoking.

I'm glad to hear that is not the case.

Sorry not trying to cause drama.

All good man. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with the conversation we’re having, unlike some. I just think some people lack perspective on the ride. This isn’t all that out of the norm for an intamin ride, unfortunately. They’re making progress (outside last Friday’s mishap that I still don’t know how it happened), but it’s still not where it should be.

It’s running at least 8 hours a day so how is it half a day? I mean yes it’s closing early but this is some weird under estimating.

I think in a year we’ll all look back and go “hey remember when Hagrid had 6 hour waits and was open 11am-7pm?”

Ahhh, I can't wait for night rides on Hagrid's! I agree with you, Joe. This could be Gringotts 2.0, no? Where it sits at 40-60 Mins, once it is fully up and running?

Excellent... I'm not in the parks, but just from what I see online it seems like the they are treating it like an old hoopty you got for free from your grandpa... Where it can only handle so many miles a day before it stalls out on you and you cross your fingers that you get to your destination before the engine starts smoking.

I'm glad to hear that is not the case.

Sorry not trying to cause drama.

It's very much "we can run it all day and not make progress on improving reliability and capacity" or "we can close it early to improve said reliability and capacity." It is what it is and they made the call.

It's very much "we can run it all day and not make progress on improving reliability and capacity" or "we can close it early to improve said reliability and capacity." It is what it is and they made the call.
and I'm glad they're taking that position. Maybe some short term hurt, but good for the long run.

And it is happening at Disney. In Star Wars Land. Where a ride is months overdue. But it is what it is. Nothing I or anyone else can do about it.

To call these situations equivalent is a little bit of a stretch. Per various insiders, Rise of the Resistance was always going to be December at the very earliest... it's just that Disney was originally going to hold back the entire land to open with it. We can debate whether or not they should have stayed with that original plan to open the complete land at one time (I believe they should have), but that is not the same thing as opening a ride and being unable to have it reach even close to its intended capacity on a daily basis months later.

If anything, Flight of Passage would be the closest modern comparison point, but even that I don't think is one-to-one.

To call these situations equivalent is a little bit of a stretch. Per various insiders, Rise of the Resistance was always going to be December at the very earliest... it's just that Disney was originally going to hold back the entire land to open with it. We can debate whether or not they should have stayed with that original plan to open the complete land at one time (I believe they should have), but that is not the same thing as opening a ride and being unable to have it reach even close to its intended capacity on a daily basis months later.

If anything, Flight of Passage would be the closest modern comparison point, but even that I don't think is one-to-one.
Agreed. Flight of Passage is the comparison, not RotR.

Or the Skyliner. Something tested for months and weeks and still ran into an issue that is going to cause it to close for a week.
Yes, but if the Skyliner still has the same issues 4-5 months from now, I’m gonna be calling Disney out on how badly they blew it.

They made a great ride. My favorite in Orlando. But they completely have botched this opening.

It was on schedule till it wasn’t. At which point I believe people would be making fun of it being delayed because that would be the easiest thing to put it down for.

"Fine" is quite a stretch. Don't whiz on people and tell 'em it's rain. Not trying to stir any pots, but a ride that frequently closes early and periodically doesn't open at all is not fine. Have ops improved? Yes. But by no means is it fine.

Not that this is something they would/should do, but from what insiders know, if they shut this ride down for a week/two do you believe the majority of their issues could be fixed?

"Fine" is quite a stretch. Don't whiz on people and tell 'em it's rain. Not trying to stir any pots, but a ride that frequently closes early and periodically doesn't open at all is not fine. Have ops improved? Yes. But by no means is it fine.

The only time it's had extended down time in the past month is due to the bees one day, and a complete freak accident the other. Closing early is what it is, but people have *plenty* of warning regarding that. I think "fine", overall, is exactly where the ride is at the moment.

It was on schedule till it wasn’t. At which point I believe people would be making fun of it being delayed because that would be the easiest thing to put it down for.

The same people complaining about it closing early would absolutely be losing their minds if it had been delayed after an opening date was announced.

The only time it's had extended down time in the past month is due to the bees one day, and a complete freak accident the other. Closing early is what it is, but people have *plenty* of warning regarding that. I think "fine", overall, is exactly where the ride is at the moment.
I will agree to disagree, Skip. Plenty of others will as well. It's nice that Universal is forthcoming with how behind in terms of reliability this attraction is. To me, fine implies a ride that's open from park open to close with sporadic downtimes, not a ride you need to plan your entire day around.

I will agree to disagree, Skip. Plenty of others will as well. It's nice that Universal is forthcoming with how behind in terms of reliability this attraction is. To me, fine implies a ride that's open from park open to close with sporadic downtimes, not a ride you need to plan your entire day around.
I'd argue a ride whose line is open for 7+ hours (weather depending) isn't one you need to plan your day around, but that's just me. I spent nearly the entire day Saturday at Volcano Bay and made it over to IoA to ride the ride.

Ya I was there a few weeks ago, you really don't need to plan your whole day around it. I headed over one day around 1:00 and was off the ride by 2:30. Its not like its open for an hour a day lol. Its not ideal and no one is arguing against that.