Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Bourne Stuntacular - General Discussion

JungleSkip

Premium Member
Feb 15, 2010
The Mushroom Kingdom
69pzzGq.jpg

Jason Bourne is headed to Universal. Universal Orlando has announced The Bourne Stuntacular is set to open at Universal Studios Florida in Spring 2020.

The Bourne Stuntacular to open Spring 2020 at Universal Studios Florida | Inside Universal

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally, an announcement!!! Im expecting an opening right around when Fallon did for Spring. Maybe they have good amount of confidence in this since their announcing a show rather early. Hyped!!

I've been saying people are going to be seriously surprised by this for a while now. The IP is understandably a head scratcher, but I'm expecting a lot of people who are poo-pooing the show because of that to eat some crow.

Entertainment is really really good at naming their attractions

“Superstar Parade”
“Cinematic Spectacular”
“Cinematic Celebration”

now we have.. STUNTACULAR!? :lol:

if this isn’t a behind the scenes look of how the stunts are done (like Indy) then this is quite the odd name choice. Like naming Spider-Man “The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man on A Motion Simulation Ride”

Entertainment is really really good at naming their attractions

“Superstar Parade”
“Cinematic Spectacular”
“Cinematic Celebration”

now we have.. STUNTACULAR!? :lol:

if this isn’t a behind the scenes look of how the stunts are done (like Indy) then this is quite the odd name choice. Like naming Spider-Man “The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man on A Motion Simulation Ride”

The name is fine. It tells the GP exactly what it's in for, which is a stunt show.

A stunt show based on what I consider to be an outdated and unremarkable IP (that’s my opinion, I don’t need the box office numbers of the latest movie) doesn’t hold my interest. Had this been based on something either timeless (James Bond, Mission Impossible, Mad Max) or something relevant and popular (John Wick) then I’d be more positive.

A stunt show based on what I consider to be an outdated and unremarkable IP (that’s my opinion, I don’t need the box office numbers of the latest movie) doesn’t hold my interest. Had this been based on something either timeless (James Bond, Mission Impossible, Mad Max) or something relevant and popular (John Wick) then I’d be more positive.

John Wick would be awesome, but what made it awesome was a lot of the hardcore R-rated violence, which probably wouldn't be ideal for a theme park attraction.

I definitely think in the pantheon of choices... Yes, Bourne wouldn't be at the top - but I get it. It's an in-house IP. Outdated? Maybe. Unremarkable? Very debatable with a $2 billion film franchise. Opinions don't hold weight on that. Sorry.

Gonna have to point to ol' reliable over at USH to show IP doesn't always matter.... WaterWorld.

John Wick would be awesome, but what made it awesome was a lot of the hardcore R-rated violence, which probably wouldn't be ideal for a theme park attraction.

I definitely think in the pantheon of choices... Yes, Bourne wouldn't be at the top. Outdated? Maybe. Unremarkable? Very debatable with a $2 billion film franchise. Opinions don't hold weight on that. Sorry.

Wick is also predicated on almost exclusively gun-related violence, which probably isn't the best play this day and age.