Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Studios Beijing (Now Open)

Yeah, nice to see the concept art, especially for KFP, oddly enough have been thinking about it a lot today haha. Park should be successful, but I'm most interested in KFP and Jurassic World, ya know, the new stuff.

The park gives me Magic Kingdom vibes, especially with them bringing in things like Light's, Camera's, Action (which admittedly; I did not expect to see coming in for this) on-top of their biggest IP's that could realistically hit the mark for both the Chinese market and those in the western regions.

Hoping there's a bit more to what we have seen, but I am not opposed to this lineup at all for a best-of style park.

The park gives me Magic Kingdom vibes, especially with them bringing in things like Light's, Camera's, Action (which admittedly; I did not expect to see coming in for this) on-top of their biggest IP's that could realistically hit the mark for both the Chinese market and those in the western regions.

Hoping there's a bit more to what we have seen, but I am not opposed to this lineup at all for a best-of style park.

In the concept art there’s an obvious theater building to the left which wasn’t mentioned. Will be interesting to see what fills that spot. Also hoping for a minion dark ride outside of Mayhem.

The lineup for Universal Studios Beijing has been unveiled!

news-7-1.jpeg

News Detail

Lands:
  • Hollywood
  • Jurassic World - Isla Nublar
  • The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
  • Minion Land
  • Transformers: Metrobase
  • Kung Fu Panda Land of Awesomeness
Additionally, Lights Camera's Action is coming to Beijing; with Steven Spielberg and Zhang Yimou. And also, Waterworld is indeed coming to this version officially.

And as some could...blatently see: No mention of Supercharged, at all.
Real jealous of Water World after seeing it in Hollywood. We’re still the only ones without it aren't we?

Why does it seem every other Universal park has a shade structure over Hollywood/Production Central, but we don't have one in Orlando haha

Why does it seem every other Universal park has a shade structure over Hollywood/Production Central, but we don't have one in Orlando haha

*Looks in USH*

Real jealous of Water World after seeing it in Hollywood. We’re still the only ones without it aren't we?

I mean, you're getting that Action Horizons goodness in the spring. Patience is a great friend.

Promotion video

Was wondering when someone would post that.

Waterworld is a land right? Also, is the edge of super silly fun land a actual coaster or just design? This park looks PHENOMENAL! So hyped!

Waterworld is a land right? Also, is the edge of super silly fun land a actual coaster or just design? This park looks PHENOMENAL! So hyped!

What's on-top of the building for Super Silly Fun Land is more of a facade; but I recall the leaked layout having a indoor family attraction (might even by a family coaster of some kind) inside the large building.

What's on-top of the building for Super Silly Fun Land is more of a facade; but I recall the leaked layout having a indoor family attraction (might even by a family coaster of some kind) inside the large building.
Any chance it’s still that indoor trackless based on the minions/Scarlet Overkill with the Villaincon queue?

I mostly stick to threads I’m already watching so I’ve got no idea what that is.

Action Horizon's (the stuntteam's who've been working with Waterworld for all of the Universal Parks) are seemingly on-board for The Bourne Stuntacular, as seemingly apparent with their past teasing as of late.

___

Admittedly, I recall in the past; it may of been @quinnmac000, that mentioned of a indoor water show being on the property..could that be what's going within the Chinese Theater building?

Nice to see the updated map and everything else about the park we pretty much knew so no surprise there.

Here come the clones...

If you live in China it's probably 'here comes an amazing theme park with rides I've never experienced before' but yeah for us not quite so exciting.

I'd make the trip over there for the JW land alone - looks amazing and I'm totally jealous they are getting a gyrosphere dark ride - I want one!