The Bourne Stuntacular - General Discussion | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

The Bourne Stuntacular - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
"Through a cutting-edge fusion of stagecraft and film, you’ll follow our hero Jason Bourne across three continents as sinister characters pursue him, hoping to bring him in."

With T2's three screens, it would allow for the audience to watch one set/location on one former screen location and then rotate to a completely different environment quickly and then move on again to the final set/location.

If the other sets are blocked out of view with a screen, it can show something to bridge the story while the theatre rotates.

The rotating theatre is a small gimmick but it allows for faster storytelling and will give a more tv/movie experience. It's an evolutionary step from Carousel of Progress and will give a new fresh take on the theme park theatre/stunt show experience.
Or they could do three continents on all three screens and the seats don’t rotate.

You know how the T-1M took place across three screens but was one location?

Imagine that, but three locations.

I really don’t understand why people can’t grasp the concept of a multimedia based show taking place in different countries on one stage.

T-1M?

It's a very simple concept to grasp, shows have been doing it forever.

A stage that's made for a singular location will always be superior to one that's made for several. When you say multimedia, do you mean in front of a screen? Because the angry posts will write themselves.

T-1M?

It's a very simple concept to grasp, shows have been doing it forever.

A stage that's made for a singular location will always be superior to one that's made for several. When you say multimedia, do you mean in front of a screen? Because the angry posts will write themselves.
The big spider thing was the T-1,000,000 (or T-1M).

From the beginning, this was going to be a stunt show interacting with screens. Just like T2 was. The big difference is that the whole show will feature stunts and screen interaction instead of a couple of things at the beginning and in the climax with an 8 minute movie in the middle.

Are we anticipating this to have more "live," on-stage action than T2?

I'm hoping it's going to be more a "stuntshow with video support" rather than T2's (excellent) "film with live-action support."
Yes. We expect more live action.

You know how in Spider-Man it’s hard to tell what’s physical and what’s on screen? They’re doing that, while throwing live actors into the mix.

Are we anticipating this to have more "live," on-stage action than T2?

I'm hoping it's going to be more a "stuntshow with video support" rather than T2's (excellent) "film with live-action support."
More live actors, yes.

Maybe another way to explain it is if there were real people in a Runaway Railway scene.

Remember when the motorcycle came through the screen in T2. Things like that, but lots, and all different. Not just A screen. More like a series of special effects to tell a story in a new multimedia way.

The big spider thing was the T-1,000,000 (or T-1M).

From the beginning, this was going to be a stunt show interacting with screens. Just like T2 was. The big difference is that the whole show will feature stunts and screen interaction instead of a couple of things at the beginning and in the climax with an 8 minute movie in the middle.

Gotcha. T2 really was awesome.

My only concern is that Bourne was never really about big action, it was always relatively muted or intimate. I don’t know how that will translate to a show but there is obviously bigger and more creative minds at work here.

Either way, I’m intrigued to see where this is going.

More live actors, yes.

Maybe another way to explain it is if there were real people in a Runaway Railway scene.

Remember when the motorcycle came through the screen in T2. Things like that, but lots, and all different. Not just A screen. More like a series of special effects to tell a story in a new multimedia way.

Any word on projection mapping, like in DWT or maybe Dark Arts?

And they closed T2 in 2017.
I understand that yes. It’s still deeply upsetting to me. Even one of my friends questioned a Jason Bourne themed attraction, saying, “It’s not iconic enough”. And my mom, who in my opinion has more common sense about the parks, thought it was stupid. She does enjoy The Bourne Identity though.

I honestly think this should’ve been themed to The Matrix.

And I feel like the people who made decisions like this and Bill & Ted’s closing and approving a slow F&F ride need to get their head out of their butt.

Thankfully, it’s not the worst it could’ve been, like a Pitch Perfect sing along nonsense.
The general idea is replacements should be either as good or (preferably) better than the previous attraction.
I still don’t understand why they couldn’t have refurbished T2 though, because it’s timeless. If the park wanted to close something, why not Barney?

Terminator isn’t timeless and neither was the attraction. Losing rights is a huge reason it’s gone. Time to move on.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
I understand that yes. It’s still deeply upsetting to me. Even one of my friends questioned a Jason Bourne themed attraction, saying, “It’s not iconic enough”. And my mom, who in my opinion has more common sense about the parks, thought it was stupid. She does enjoy The Bourne Identity though.

I honestly think this should’ve been themed to The Matrix.

And I feel like the people who made decisions like this and Bill & Ted’s closing and approving a slow F&F ride need to get their head out of their butt.

Thankfully, it’s not the worst it could’ve been, like a Pitch Perfect sing along nonsense.
The general idea is replacements should be either as good or (preferably) better than the previous attraction.
I still don’t understand why they couldn’t have refurbished T2 though, because it’s timeless. If the park wanted to close something, why not Barney?
So, let’s go through the process.

The rights to Terminator (and other 30-year old properties) have gotten nebulous because they’re going to start reverting to their original creators. Universal has been expecting that, and it meant they would have to renegotiate the rights.

Now, around the same time, Universal started competing for the film rights to Bond 25. The plan was end Terminator so they don’t have to renegotiate rights then try to get Bond to replace it. They didn’t get Bond, so they’re replacing it with a international spy franchise they already own—Bourne.

Bill and Ted got cancelled because 1) the plan was for Fear Factor to go down for the Ministry (before it got moved to EU), and 2) Universal’s rights were getting ready to expire (like Terminator). With B&T3 increasing the cost and the show itself on a downward bent, the decision was easy.

Universal should have put Pitch Perfect in the bandshell.

Look, y'all...I'm excited for this because I might get to drag my dad to USF to watch this. He loves Bourne stuff.

Personally, I'm just waiting for Voltron or She-Ra to get their own attractions.

Reactions: tankart150
OMG it finally happened!!! Just got the news about Bourne and it took long enough. That previous thread lasted for a long two years. Happy that it's official now though.

Been seeing people talking about the IP and personally, i've always thought Jason Bourne would be a solid addition to the parks. Sure there could have been better out-of-studio alternatives but for a singular attraction, i think he'll fit right in with USF's current line-up.

So, let’s go through the process.

The rights to Terminator (and other 30-year old properties) have gotten nebulous because they’re going to start reverting to their original creators. Universal has been expecting that, and it meant they would have to renegotiate the rights.

Now, around the same time, Universal started competing for the film rights to Bond 25. The plan was end Terminator so they don’t have to renegotiate rights then try to get Bond to replace it. They didn’t get Bond, so they’re replacing it with a international spy franchise they already own—Bourne.

Bill and Ted got cancelled because 1) the plan was for Fear Factor to go down for the Ministry (before it got moved to EU), and 2) Universal’s rights were getting ready to expire (like Terminator). With B&T3 increasing the cost and the show itself on a downward bent, the decision was easy.

Universal should have put Pitch Perfect in the bandshell.
Like I said, it’s not the worst thing that could happen in that venue, as a Pitch Perfect show would be awful :)

Reactions: belloq87